2023 NHL Entry Draft Thread (June 28-29, Nashville, TN) -- Who is your choice at 3rd?

Who do we choose?

• Fantilli

Votes: 23 11.4%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 138 68.3%
  • Smith

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Michkov

Votes: 16 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
At 12:31 Jarmo says (we evaluate) "testing at the Combine". Since I prefer Carlsson over Smith, this screams Smith to me because he was the only one who tested at the Combine. :D (He didn't do super well though... and Jarmo downplays the Combine a bit later.)

Admittedly he also brings up Fantilli and Carlsson up on his own without being prompted at 13:45, so...

How he speaks about Fantilli "playing higher than the 4th line by the end when it started to count the most" around 14:45 kinda gives a feel that they prefer Fantilli over Carlsson though.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they'll pick Fantilli if he's available, and if not, it'll be Smith (have they even mentioned their name publicly in interviews?). Ok my prediction is there, done, no takebacks, I'll go post in the prediction thread lol.

I can't wait for this to be over and know who they pick. :D
Yeah, it seems clear to me at this point that they have three tiers in the top players and this is why they were so bummed when they lost on lottery night. Obviously, Bedard was #1 with a bullet, but I think they have Fantilli in his own tier as number 2, and when CHI won it pushed them down to their third tier of players with Smith and Carlsson. I also got the feeling that he tried to push for #2 OA and the Ducks have a clear #2 guy and aren't willing to move for the same reason Jarmo wants to move up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Atleast whoever they’ll draft today can be considered a true franchise talent and most likely the best draft day prospect they’ve ever had

So in that sense it’s tough to complain, they never should have been able to be in this draft position

Reactions: CBJx614

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
How done are teams' lists right now? Are the top 5 all locked in, or are scouts and GMs sitting around a table arguing right now?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
How done are teams' lists right now? Are the top 5 all locked in, or are scouts and GMs sitting around a table arguing right now?
Lists had better be done. If you don’t know now, you aren’t prepared. Not much could come up to change anyone’s mind and a Doug Maclean isn’t here to F it up.

Reactions: Monk and CBJx614

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
If Anaheim picks Carlsson/Michkov, we’re picking Fantilli. If Anaheim picks Fantilli, we’re picking Smith. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad