GDT: 2023 NHL Draft

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Who should we be excited about the Jets possibly picking this year? I don't know much about this years prospects besides Bedard and Fantilli (who we won't be getting, anyways)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

James Lahey

Jun 24, 2015
Winnipeg
I always get pretty excited for the draft, I'm hopeful one of the forwards fall to us. I think with there only really being 3 Dmen (Axel, Reinbacher, and Willander) they'll go and at least one or two other teams will reach for a dman allowing us to get a bit of a faller.

Whoever it is I hope they get a guy that doesn't play a perimeter game. I was hopeful we could have gotten another pick for the draft this year but I don't think that will pan out.

None

Feb 22, 2012
A couple of interesting notes from Corey Pronman's latest mock draft:
He has Leo Carlsson going second rather than Fantilli as most seem to be expecting. Also has Michkov slipping all the way to 7th with Montreal taking Reinbacher 5th and Arizona taking Leonard 6th. Wheat Kings Danielson goes #10 to St. Louis, says that there's some that think he's the most likely name to break the consensus. Zach Benson falls all the way to 17th, which would be a pretty big kick in the mouth to me if he gets that close to the Jets pick.

Personally I'm not super high on Danielson so hearing there's talk of him going that high is surprising. I figured he'd fall into the 20s.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Gotta think one of those small forwards drops like crazy. Could maybe get Benson with that #14 pick if the Jets get it in a Helle trade.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Lot of teams like Danielson. Watched him enough to see why. He is very pro ready being older and plays a complete 200 foot game. Tilts the ice when he is on and almost carried his team to the playoffs.

Yeah, I think he's a great prospect but I just don't like him at 10.

None

Feb 22, 2012
what do you think of cristall?
he's the small guy who i've seen all over the place

The mock I posted about above doesn't have him in the first round at all and it sounds like it was based on speaking to teams/scouts at the draft. If he's there in the early 2nd I think he ends up being this draft's Debrincat/Saad/Aho where teams have tripped over themselves evaluating the player.

Of course there's that quote about teams lying this close to the draft so who can say how accurate it is.

R Zardo

Oct 4, 2022
based on rankings and mocks there appears to be a top 5, the next 3 being Leonard Reinbkr Dvorsky, and than a group of twelve guys that can go anywhere. Hoping for a D with size or C.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
The mock I posted about above doesn't have him in the first round at all and it sounds like it was based on speaking to teams/scouts at the draft. If he's there in the early 2nd I think he ends up being this draft's Debrincat/Saad/Aho where teams have tripped over themselves evaluating the player.

Of course there's that quote about teams lying this close to the draft so who can say how accurate it is.
he's been all over the place for mocks. i've seen close to mid-1st to 2nd rd.

Analyst rankings seem to like him more than mocks.

here's some reports on him

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
based on rankings and mocks there appears to be a top 5, the next 3 being Leonard Reinbkr Dvorsky, and than a group of twelve guys that can go anywhere. Hoping for a D with size or C.

Dvorsky seems like a faller. He's all over the place.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I am kinding of leaning towards Honzek if some of those centers are gone but man a good RHD would be good as well

I still like the Dragicevic option. Even better if we end up making a move for Sanheim and drop back to 22 where I think it's a bit more comfortable range.

None

Feb 22, 2012
he's been all over the place for mocks. i've seen close to mid-1st to 2nd rd.

Analyst rankings seem to like him more than mocks.

here's some reports on him

I think most have hedged on him being a 1st round talent with flaws but there's smaller groups that are very polarized. The people who have him falling don't think his skating flaws can be overcome.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think most have hedged on him being a 1st round talent with flaws but there's smaller groups that are very polarized. The people who have him falling don't think his skating flaws can be overcome.

Of all the flaws a player can have skating is perhaps the easiest to overcome but still requires that the player puts in the work to get there.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I am kinding of leaning towards Honzek if some of those centers are gone but man a good RHD would be good as well
I like Honzek.

What about Simashev? Maybe unlikely, but he might be a dandy.

Yager?

I could see the Jets trade up or down, considering that #18 seems to be at an inflection point in the draft.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Of all the flaws a player can have skating is perhaps the easiest to overcome but still requires that the player puts in the work to get there.

I think there's aspects to his skating that shows he's put in a lot of work there at least from an agility standpoint. Biggest knock to me is that he'll default to that 10-2 pivot before he looks for a teammate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad