2023 NHL draft prospects

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, Petr was top 3 in the off-season but his start of the season has been downright awful so his stock is dropping fast considering the kind of seasons some others are having.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Well, Petr was top 3 in the off-season but his start of the season has been downright awful so his stock is dropping fast considering the kind of seasons some others are having.

Who seriously even has a list of the order of the 2023 draft?

so much is going to happen up until that point.

All we have now is some guys to watch, heck elite prospects only has 13 guys listed so far.

Anyone want to bet that 5 of the top 10 players aren't even listed yet?

Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Unless someone is showing generational talent at 13-14, it’s nuts to start pinning players as “top 10” this early.

Michkov is the only name worth the hype right now.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Unless someone is showing generational talent at 13-14, it’s nuts to start pinning players as “top 10” this early.

Michkov is the only name worth the hype right now.

Yeah Michkov is torching Russia right now. We'll see how he holds up against international competition.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah Michkov is torching Russia right now. We'll see how he holds up against international competition.

Yeah, it's going to be an interesting December and January. First, WJC and then Lausanne Games, where we'll probably see a lot of future top 2023 draft prospects.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Any swedish players that are interesting?
Attending at The Uplandia trophy (Stockholm) for the play offs in march this year, some swedish guys impressed me.

Dalibor Dvorsky at eliteprospects.com
Anton Petrini at eliteprospects.com
Ludvig Karlsson at eliteprospects.com
Gustav Ling at eliteprospects.com
Noah Erliden at eliteprospects.com
Gustav Kangas, Täby

And keep an eye on this ones as well:
Otto Stenberg at eliteprospects.com
Kalle Carlsson at eliteprospects.com
Lukas Sagranden at eliteprospects.com

Stanleyjub

Oct 24, 2009
hockey
Finnish U16 national team is about to face their German equivalent tonight in Vierumäki and again on Friday and Sunday. Most of the Finnish squad is comprised of players with early 2004 birthdates but there are few exceptions for the first time this season.
(In the August games against Czech Republic all the players were 2022 draft eligible.)

Most notable prospect for the 2023 draft in this roster is probably a left-handed defenseman Arttu Kärki. He is the only 2023 eligible player who has seen regular ice-time in the Finnish U18-league so I guess he could be considered the Finnish frontrunner for the draft at this time?

Other players that are of interest to this thread included in the squad are goaltender Manu Lukkarinen who has also played few games in the U18-league already this season. Goalie getting U18-games this early before their draft season seems quite rare based on the history of the drafted Finnish goalie prospects. Also defensemen JYP U16-captain Ossi-Veikka Vuontisvaara and Topi Vuori are part of the team.

Live stream to all the games.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Attending at the Folke Filbyter tournament in Sweden this weekend where the top teams and top players from the 2005 years group played against each other. I saw every team at least once. This is my top list. But these guys are young so much will happen the coming years.

Borna Kopac (Täby HC, forward) - smart, skilled player from Slovenia
Borna Kopac at eliteprospects.com

Dalibor Dvorsky (Linköping HC, forward) - great skater, sees the ice but maybe a little less dominant now compared to last time a saw him. From Slovakia

Anton Petrini (AIK, forward) - nice hands, good hockeysense. From Sweden

Gustav Ling (Färjestad BK, forward) - Smart, hard working kid who can both score and set up his team mates. From Sweden

Chris kirschenbauer (Red Bull Salzburg, forward) - intense, hard working guy who can score. From Germany
Chris Kirschenbauer at eliteprospects.com

Timo Ruckdäschel (Red Bull Salzburg, forward - Intense, good skater and he scores. From Germany
Timo Ruckdäschel at eliteprospects.com

Noel Fransén (Färjestads BK, defender) - amazing skater and scores a lot of points. From Sweden
Noel Fransen at eliteprospects.com

Lucas Stockselius (Täby HC, forward) - Good skater, and ha can both score and set up his team mates. Plays with Borna Kopac and together they are hard to stop. From Sweden
Lucas Stockselius at eliteprospects.com

Teodor Munther (AIK, goalie) - best goalie in the tournament from my point of view. Competes all the time. From Sweden
Teodor Munther at eliteprospects.com

Calle Bornell (Rögle, goalie) - tall big guy with good position. calm. From Sweden
Calle Erichsen Bornell at eliteprospects.com

KohoPai66

Oct 29, 2019
Attending at the Folke Filbyter tournament in Sweden this weekend where the top teams and top players from the 2005 years group played against each other. I saw every team at least once. This is my top list. But these guys are young so much will happen the coming years.

Borna Kopac (Täby HC, forward) - smart, skilled player from Slovenia
Borna Kopac at eliteprospects.com

Dalibor Dvorsky (Linköping HC, forward) - great skater, sees the ice but maybe a little less dominant now compared to last time a saw him. From Slovakia

Anton Petrini (AIK, forward) - nice hands, good hockeysense. From Sweden

Gustav Ling (Färjestad BK, forward) - Smart, hard working kid who can both score and set up his team mates. From Sweden

Chris kirschenbauer (Red Bull Salzburg, forward) - intense, hard working guy who can score. From Germany
Chris Kirschenbauer at eliteprospects.com

Timo Ruckdäschel (Red Bull Salzburg, forward - Intense, good skater and he scores. From Germany
Timo Ruckdäschel at eliteprospects.com

Noel Fransén (Färjestads BK, defender) - amazing skater and scores a lot of points. From Sweden
Noel Fransen at eliteprospects.com

Lucas Stockselius (Täby HC, forward) - Good skater, and ha can both score and set up his team mates. Plays with Borna Kopac and together they are hard to stop. From Sweden
Lucas Stockselius at eliteprospects.com

Teodor Munther (AIK, goalie) - best goalie in the tournament from my point of view. Competes all the time. From Sweden
Teodor Munther at eliteprospects.com

Calle Bornell (Rögle, goalie) - tall big guy with good position. calm. From Sweden
Calle Erichsen Bornell at eliteprospects.com

I was on Folke too and I can agree for Munther ( great goalie! ) and Petrini ( great 2 way player ) but Dvorsky was unrecognisable; looked slow and unmotivated. I really liked this kid Borna Kopac ( very good hockeysense and great hands ) but don’t know much about him; only that he won WSI with Czech select Anyone knows anything about this kid?? Fransén looked very good and I think he has great potential as D.

XboX

Oct 30, 2019
I was on Folke too and I can agree for Munther ( great goalie! ) and Petrini ( great 2 way player ) but Dvorsky was unrecognisable; looked slow and unmotivated. I really liked this kid Borna Kopac ( very good hockeysense and great hands ) but don’t know much about him; only that he won WSI with Czech select Anyone knows anything about this kid?? Fransén looked very good and I think he has great potential as D.

he is maybe unknown in sweden. he won pee wee in quebec last year with czech knights and he is very skilled player.

Reactions: Kristian

NHL prospects

Oct 30, 2019
Jes I had watched Folke too, I watched every team one game and the first that comes in my eye was Borna.Very skilled, great hockey sense and speed. Can he play TV-pucken next year?

KohoPai66

Oct 29, 2019
Jes I had watched Folke too, I watched every team one game and the first that comes in my eye was Borna.Very skilled, great hockey sense and speed. Can he play TV-pucken next year?
No, I think he is from Slovenia. He came to Sweden alone last year and lives with Swedish family. Guys from Täby told us that all boys in the team wants to play with him now. 2 way player and unselfish. First in G and A in Folke Cup I believe. Would be great to know more about this kid.

Reactions: Kristian

XboX

Oct 30, 2019
he is from slovenia but always played for czech knights and pro hockey.
owner of tordon hockey saw him on tournament and took him to sweden.
I think he has an offer from states but he doesn’t want to go from sweden.
Ask owner of tordon hockey, he lives with him I think.
In Falke he was really good.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Really cool to hear about a Slovenian prospect with legit potential on the horizon.

I always wondered about the hockey capacity of this nation. They kind of had a golden age of players born between 1987-1990 with Kopitar of course being the shining light and not even close but Mursak was a good prospect back in the day even if he didn't meet expectations while guys like Sabolic, Ticar, Jeglic, etc have been solid European-based players. That core has led Slovenia to getting promoted to the main WC group a few times but not enough talent outside Kopitar to prevent them from being one of those yo-yo nations between the main WC group and D1A and those core guys are all in their 30's now.

If Kopac is what 14 or 15 years-old now then he's grown up with a true hockey hero in Kopitar. Could there be another good generation of Slovenian players about to start making an impact, influenced by their last good generation?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad