Who Does Montreal Draft at 5th OA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
We're 100 pages in guys, I think you'd be able to recognize a good troll post when you see it.

Habs aren't talking to Dvorsky tomorrow.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think Reinbacher's offensive tools and upside are underrated. His transitional skills especially are phenomenal for a 18 yrs old kid, he can skate with the puck, can make short effective little passes, can make long outlet passes, kid is just really smart and already a presence on the ice. I think he will only keep getting better at everything.
Yeah. I guess my point was if Weber, with minimal offensive skills relative to other no. 1 D could be the no. 1 D of team Canada at their height, a D doesn't necessarily have to be an offensive dynamo to be in that position on an NHL team.
We're all antsy and edgy. A very vulnerable bunch right now :laugh:
dave-tyrone-dave.gif

MON4NHLTOR4MLB

Oct 3, 2019
Can we take a damn American, Russian, Swede or Canadian? Enough with the small euro country players that rarely produce. I’d rather Dvorsky over Rienbacher but hate both picks. Not saying bad pleas, just don’t think they’ll be stars

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah. I guess my point was if Weber, with minimal offensive skills relative to other no. 1 D could be the no. 1 D of team Canada at their height, a D doesn't necessarily have to be an offensive dynamo to be in that position on an NHL team.
Weber was an absolute freak of a guy who punished people in front of the net/in the corners and had one of the hardest shots in NHL history. That is absolutely #1 D territory.

I've read 0 scouting reports about Reinbacher doing either of those things.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Michkov has more upside than Richer. First time since Lafleur that we have a shot at an elite forward.
Richer was everything you want in a player. 6’4 220, TO THIS DAY the best slap shot I’ve ever seen. He should’ve been an all time scorer. Unfortunately, mental health issues got in the way.

Anyways, the fact that we have to go back to the 70s or 80s to discuss elite forwards really underscores how badly we’ve done in that front. We always focused on what the player couldn’t do.

Galchenyuk for example should’ve been a really good scorer. He was always going to be a one way player and had warts for sure. But he could’ve been productive. Instead we misused him so badly because he wasn’t Brendan Prust (while at the same time played an infinitely inferior player with the same flaws.)

We’ve been so wrong headed for so long. I hope it changes going forward. Caufield has a chance to be a perpetual 50 goal scorer. Hopefully that happens and hopefully we land another one now.

For the record, I’d take Mitch if he was available and that’s what I think we’ll do if he is. We’ll see. It’d be incredible to have TWO 50 goal scorers in the lineup at the same time.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Keep in mind the poll doesn't ask who we should take, only who we think they will take.

I voted Will Smith under the assumption that Michkov won't be there at 5.

People vote without reading the question.

Richer was everything you want in a player. 6’4 220, TO THIS DAY the best slap shot I’ve ever seen. He should’ve been an all time scorer. Unfortunately, mental health issues got in the way.

Anyways, the fact that we have to go back to the 70s or 80s to discuss elite forwards really underscores how badly we’ve done in that front. We always focused on what the player couldn’t do.

Galchenyuk for example should’ve been a really good scorer. He was always going to be a one way player and had warts for sure. But he could’ve been productive. Instead we misused him so badly because he wasn’t Brendan Prust (while at the same time played an infinitely inferior player with the same flaws.)

We’ve been so wrong headed for so long. I hope it changes going forward. Caufield has a chance to be a perpetual 50 goal scorer. Hopefully that happens and hopefully we land another one now.

For the record, I’d take Mitch if he was available and that’s what I think we’ll do if he is. We’ll see.

Richer didn't have Michkov's hockey IQ. He was a forward Al Iafrate basically, which is nice, but not an elite player.

Reactions: habsfan891

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
People vote without reading the question.

Richer didn't have Michkov's hockey IQ. He was a forward Al Iafrate basically, which is nice, but not an elite player.
He was a North South player and not a dipsy doodler. And he had a physicality that Mitch never will. Without the mental health issues he’d have been an all time great.

Anyways as I said, the fact that we have to go back 30-40 years is sad.

I’m not really interested in getting into a long debate on this but give Rucher some respect.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
He was a North South player and not a dipsy doodler. And he had a physicality that Mitch never will. Without the mental health issues he’d have been an all time great.

Anyways as I said, the fact that we have to go back 30-40 years is sad.

I’m not really interested in getting into a long debate on this but give Rucher some respect.

I gave him respect. I loved Al Iafrate. As I did Sheldon Souray.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad