NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Divisional Round: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Green Bay Packers

SF vs GB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Jordan Love getting way too much individual credit for last week. How many throws did he actually make with a defender within 5 yards of the receiver?

The fact that they could scheme that up and protect well enough to have the time in the pocket for those guys to get open is pretty scary, but Jordan Love wasn't out there looking like a league MVP just because he had good numbers

Wicks touchdown.
Doubs touchdown.
Doubs to the 1.
Tucker Kraft on 3rd and 1.
Musgrave tight on the sideline.

That's 5 off of memory, also some of those wide open receivers were off double moves where he moved in the pocket, threw off back foot because of pressure or hands in his face.

He balled out.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Jordan Love getting way too much individual credit for last week. How many throws did he actually make with a defender within 5 yards of the receiver?

The fact that they could scheme that up and protect well enough to have the time in the pocket for those guys to get open is pretty scary, but Jordan Love wasn't out there looking like a league MVP just because he had good numbers
They had a good plan and he executed, all you can ask.
The first round really thinned the herd of the weakling and every team left is capable of winning it all. Even Tampa if clicking is a buzz saw.
Ferguson was feasting in GB D .. Kittle could run wild..
I like SF coaching and they can control the clock with CMC.
I'm taking SF without a ton of confidence.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You have people trying to justify him sitting behind Rodgers, of course he's going to get too much credit.

But he executed what he needed to in order to advance, that's all you're asking for, especially in his first playoff start.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
You have people trying to justify him sitting behind Rodgers, of course he's going to get too much credit.

But he executed what he needed to in order to advance, that's all you're asking for, especially in his first playoff start.
Homie hit home run after home run...
At Dallas , really good performance, counterpoint, Dakota threw the game away..a vet.
Love earned credit

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Love did not have all day to throw. His awareness of time avoided notching a sack or incompletion.

In fact, many of his throws weren't too different from Mahomes executing the Wasp play to Tyreek. Mahomes also had literally no more time than what he got but the guy was "wide open".

One TD was a zero blitz. Bad Qbs can't handle zero blitzes.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Love did not have all day to throw. His awareness of time avoided notching a sack or incompletion.

In fact, many of his throws weren't too different from Mahomes executing the Wasp play to Tyreek. Mahomes also had literally no more time than what he got but the guy was "wide open".

One TD was a zero blitz. Bad Qbs can't handle zero blitzes.

Nobody wants to acknowledge the Pack did it again. I didn't think they did during the middle of the season; but man it's looking like they did.

Even if they don't win tonight, if Love has a good game, I'll buy it fully.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What are people talking about, Love was a big reason for the win. Deep dropbacks holding onto the ball, probably not a recipe you would have thought for a 'rookie' QB to win against a supposedly good defense and pass rush.

Cowboys pass rush obviously never got to him and didn't show up but he still made throws with some pressure in his face, and fit some balls in that other QB's couldn't have.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
What are people talking about, Love was a big reason for the win. Deep dropbacks holding onto the ball, probably not a recipe you would have thought for a 'rookie' QB to win against a supposedly good defense and pass rush.

Cowboys pass rush obviously never got to him and didn't show up but he still made throws with some pressure in his face, and fit some balls in that other QB's couldn't have.
I don’t think it was “people”. I think I was the only one not totally sucking him off.

I watched this video after I made the comment

Overall, a positive review of Love. But, we’ve got him finding open guys too late, many examples of wide open receivers, throwing to a covered guy when the likely #1 was open, misidentifying pressure and scrambling right away when there was only 4 rushers

Throwing off your back foot all the time, to me, is more of an example of bad fundamentals that will come back to bite you rather than an example of a great qb.

He played ok. But the Packers as a team destroyed th cowboys, Love didn’t carry the team on his back

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If SF ever wants to make the run for the Bowl this is it.

Both Dallas& Eagles out, young rebuilding teams not there quite yet

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad