NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Championship Game: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (3) Detroit Lions

SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
they made the playoffs they aren't bad.
I mean, I agree. The original "The Niners barely beat a bad Packers team." was a snide reply to the comment that "The Lions barely beat a bad Bucs team"

Point is, those teams are the same. I don't think either is bad. But if you think the Bucs are bad, you should probably also look at the teams the 49ers have played to see if they were any better

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Packers and Bucs playing each other holds no weight here between the 49ers and Lions.

Two teams beat the same opponent late in the season - the Panthers. Green Bay won 33-30, Tampa Bay won 9-0. Same field.

It’s a week-to-week league.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't think anyone has said Tampa is a bad team.
That is the entire reason he made that post and why he nearly copied it word-for-word and had it quoted in the post you quoted:

Boss Man Hughes: "And barely beat a bad Bucs team."
DaaaaB's: "The Niners barely beat a bad Packers team."

Perhaps you have Boss Man Hughes blocked for his bad takes. That would make this whole interaction make a whole lot more sense

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
im taking the 9ers. im rooting for the lions but i just think the 9ers will be focused after last weeks scare. i also think the packers just matched up better with them than the lions do

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
FB_IMG_1706124584433.jpg

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
49ers fans should hope they are winning big. Not in a nail bitter with minutes left. See Shanahan's 4th quarter performances against NE, KC, and Rams. He was let off the hook Saturday because of the GB kicker and defenders dropping picks.

Detroit runs the ball well. 49ers DL hasn't been good at stopping the run lately. And Purdy has looked shaky.

I'll say 34-24 Lions

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
49ers fans should hope they are winning big. Not in a nail bitter with minutes left. See Shanahan's 4th quarter performances against NE, KC, and Rams. He was let off the hook Saturday because of the GB kicker and defenders dropping picks.

Detroit runs the ball well. 49ers DL hasn't been good at stopping the run lately. And Purdy has looked shaky.

I'll say 34-24 Lions
He was let off the hook by the whole Packers team. They left 15 points off the board on the first three drives alone. Three went with the missed kick. At least six points if you convert field goals on the two dropped picks. Then the points potentially lost from Love's two horrendous picks. There's a lot of blown opportunities there and that's playoff football especially in wet conditions.

Sunday's game doesn't look like it'll be wet and they may have the good fortune to have Deebo for this game. I like the 49ers chances. Defense has something to prove after giving up their first 100 yard rusher in 44 games. They lost here last year when they thought they should've won. They lost the year before at this point too. I don't think the Lions can stop the 49ers on a dry field. If the Lions win this game, it's going to be because Goff played out of his mind and carried them to a shootout win.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Deebo full practice today and no injury designation heading in. Not a bettor but always curious about what Vegas thinks, they are the ones with dollars on the line. Does it move the spread or did they have it built in already?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
oh man what a ride it has been. have been a lions fan since 2009. picked the worst team in the league (2008 0-16 season) when i started watching football so i wasn't jumping on a bandwagon. this has just been exciting and fun to watch this team rise to the final four.

that being said my brain says SF and possibly by a wide margin as Detroit's pass defense is terrible and if we aren't getting points on almost every possession we are in trouble. But my heart says the Lions are going to shock everyone.

cannot wait to watch this game tomorrow. win or lose what a great season.

Elvis P

Revolution was a B side
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Regarding Goff and Purdy's draft positions and Talladega Nights: If you ain't first, you're last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad