NFL GDT: 2023 NFC Championship Game: (1) San Francisco 49ers vs (3) Detroit Lions

SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Turns out these Lions are more Mustang than Taurus.

But can they beat Tesla?

;):sarcasm:
Tesla can’t touch this

row_0410_copy.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Tesla can’t touch this

row_0410_copy.jpg
That's going away, sadly.

Some loser moron might come in here and tell you how fast Teslas are from a standing start, despite the fact that they are basically gigantic pieces of shit in literally everything else.

Teslas blow and EV's suck from an enthusiast standpoint no matter how fast they are. The end.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
That's going away, sadly.

Some loser moron might come in here and tell you how fast Teslas are from a standing start, despite the fact that they are basically gigantic pieces of shit in literally everything else.

Teslas blow and EV's suck from an enthusiast standpoint no matter how fast they are. The end.
I wouldn’t mind a BMW i4 to be honest.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Eh, Det struggled to beat mediocre LA & TB at home. Playing at SF will be much harder. SF by 10.
L.A. was mediocre? They were arguably the hottest team in the league coming into the playoffs.

Lions offense is nothing compared to Green Bay.
Lions had one of the best offenses in the league this season. Several misinformed posts already in this thread.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I wouldn’t mind a BMW i4 to be honest.
EV's don't necessarily suck as cars, many are great options. They just suck as sports cars.

Anyways I'm done hijacking this topic. Elon Musk can suck a boar's dingleberries though.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
L.A. was mediocre? They were arguably the hottest team in the league coming into the playoffs.

Lions had one of the best offenses in the league this season. Several misinformed posts already in this thread.
And barely beat a bad Bucs team.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I can tell that people are waiting and expecting to shit on the Lions. And that's fine.

I certainly didn't expect them to win one. Much less two playoff games this year. Nor am I expecting them to beat San Francisco next week.

I'll just say for a team that has made minimal improvements roster-wise after the previous season, the fact they are even in this position is wild to me. Their defense has been without their second best pass rusher all season(he was still out today) while only making three free agent signings to arguably their weakest side of the ball.

Gardner-Johnson was their high profile guy and he was hurt in week two. Only to return in week 17 or 18. Mosley was slotted in to be their other starting CB and he tore his ACL in his first game. Sutton has thankfully been available all year. Their other starting CB(the one who was going to be replaced by Mosley) got injured in practice and was played on IR before the playoffs. Making a guy they signed off another's practice squad has been starting at the other CB since the last week or two of the season.

Offense has been pretty much the same after swapping out both their starting RB's and trading Hockenson to Minnesota last season. Those holes were filled by two draft picks and a RB FA from Chicago.

I know they have a chance next week. But I'm just enjoying the ride. I find it amazing that they have gone this far, without drastic changes, after starting the season so poorly the year before. Just have to continue building on it next season.

Could be worse. At least they're not Dallas.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I think the Niners are going to win but if Brock plays like he did last night this is a tossup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00