2023 Matches Of The Year

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I’ll throw an honourable mention out there;

Roman Reigns vs Sami Zayn in Montreal

We all knew that Roman was going to win but Sami so close. That may have been the best crowd all year

Puerto Rico is still my crowd of the year, but that was an amazing crowd that night.

London had two crowd of the year contenders, which is proof we need more UK shows

Reactions: Habsrule

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The crazy thing is, while worthy of the accolade, you can make the case it wasn’t even the best match on that day.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The crazy thing is, while worthy of the accolade, you can make the case it wasn’t even the best match on that day.

Was that match night 2? If so I guess you would argue Rhea vs Charlotte was better?

That match was really good. Probably the best women's match of the year (in North America at least) so it's not a crazy thing to argue.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was that match night 2? If so I guess you would argue Rhea vs Charlotte was better?

That match was really good. Probably the best women's match of the year (in North America at least) so it's not a crazy thing to argue.
Wait, was it? I thought it was Saturday

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was wrong. Triple threat was night 2 but Rhea/Charlotte was night 1.

Rhea/Charlotte and the tag team main event both night 1 and the only challengers from that weekend to that triple threat IMO.
Oh, then it was the best match that day.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Loved the uniqueness of Danielson/ZSJ. That will be in my memory long term. Ditto Hangman/Swerve at Full Gear. Danielson/MJF didn't exceed expectations, but an Iron Man match always deserves recognition.

I haven't caught Omega/Ospreay yet.

Not necessarily top of the list, but some deeper cuts from the year: BCC/Best Friends at Wembley was a treat to watch in person. I really enjoyed the parking lot triple threat of that broader feud on the Rampage a few weeks before. Miro/Hobbs deserves mention for legendary crowd participation. BCG/FTR 2 of the 3 falls gets the love, but the eliminator match the week before was outstanding as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00