2023 Matches Of The Year

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
With the year coming to a close on some fantastic wrestling, I figured I'd make a thread where we can share our matches of the year from any and all companies.

My top 10
1. Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega - FD2
2. Will Ospreay vs. Kenny Omega - WK17
3. Will Ospreay vs. Shota Umino - Power Struggle
4. Bryan Danielson vs. Zack Sabre Jr. - Wrestledream
5. Bryan Danielson vs. MJF - Revolution
6. Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens vs. The Usos - Wrestlemania Night 1
7. Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley - All Out
8. Tetsuya Naito vs. Kazuchika Okada - G1 Final
9. Tetsuya Naito vs. Will Ospreay - G1 Semi-Final
10. Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre - Wrestlemania Night 2

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
I don't think I watched as many matches as usual in 2023 but the ones that stand out:

Omega vs Ospraey at Forbidden Door. Wins extra points because I saw it in person.

Gunther vs McIntyre vs Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

Danielson vs MJF Iron Man Match.

Usos vs Reigns and Solo at MITB. I don't remember how good it was in a technical sense but I did enjoy the storytelling.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
One of my lasting images of the year was Wrestlemania night one with that triple threat. Walter wins and jumps up and pumps his fist, definitely a shoot reaction and well-deserved, and I just remember turning to my friend and being like 'that guy knows he just had a match that absolutely kicked ass'

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Tough year for me to pick....I have a clear top 4 I would say. The two Kenny/Ospreay matches, Danielson/ZSJ, and Danielson MJF are a step above everything else I would say. Gun to my head and I have to pick one I am going with Danielson/ZSJ.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’ll throw an honourable mention out there;

Roman Reigns vs Sami Zayn in Montreal

We all knew that Roman was going to win but Sami so close. That may have been the best crowd all year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad