NHL 2023 FREE AGENT FRENZY - July 1st - ESPN+, TSN 11:00 AM, NHLN NOON. (No Boston coverage planned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't even like this team were I not a Fan For Life. Sincerely dislike most of the players on the roster, at this point. Geekie is a nice bottom-6 add, awesome kid, too. Hope for the sake of the people who want to see consistent W's at any point next season that Bert is, indeed, leaning towards staying.
Wtf

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Ryan Spooner/Alex Khokoklachev 2.0, overrated prospect by Bruins fans, not really ranked by national scouting sources. If he is in the top 9 forwards they are in trouble

It’s kind of funny you’re comparing him to two players who aren’t comparable and two players I don’t see him really comparable to.

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With inflation, couple cans of dog food, frozen pizza and M&ms is a decent haul for $20.

Lol in all seriousness though I don’t think Sweeney did bad with what he had. Still some wiggle room for more and teams can’t bend over the bruins on trades now like the Hall trade.

It does appear that they are planning more for 2024-2025. Maybe I don’t mind it as much as most because I kind of expected it.

I really like the Geekie signing. I think he can carve out a 3rd line center role for the future. Rest don’t really matter to me because it’s one year deals and wiped off next year if not traded
Bang on 100% all points to me

Geekie signing didn’t see but yeh I really like it to

Of course I would like Bert & Orlov or ROR if Bergeron definitely done but they didn’t have the money

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So we looking at

Debrusk - Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergeron - JVR
Merkulov - Coyle - Frederic
Lucic - Geekie - Lauko
Greer/Brown

Am I off base here?
If Bergeron back and I don’t expect till December I think you are pretty spot on

amt98Bruin

Jul 2, 2010
Ontario
Surprised there hasn't been any word about Hathaway staying. I think him together with Looch on the fourth line would be a nightmare on the forecheck for other teams.

Have to think Brown is essentially a Wagner replacement. Destined for a veteran role in Providence unless he really surprises at camp.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Just getting caught up after being in the pool with the kids the last few 4 hours.

Lucic & JVR signing I don't hate. Size and depth are always a good thing.

Shattenkirk I have no idea. Seems like a Stralman type signing. If he works out, great but I'm not expecting him to.

Geekie I like, he was a guy on my wish list.

Surprised as some of the low AAV's guys are signing for, although goalies are going for crazy money. Ullmark at $5 million looks like a freaking bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad