NHL 2023 FREE AGENT FRENZY - July 1st - ESPN+, TSN 11:00 AM, NHLN NOON. (No Boston coverage planned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1688177563705.png

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Lucic 1yr - 1mil
Gryz + for Hanifin
Best Cheapest centre available

Think that'll be it If I had to guess and I wouldn't be too mad. Who knows with Bergeron but should leave some space open for his return. Trades during the season, the deadline and I'm sure a kid or two will show up to camp and impress. Now that I've seen the best of the best season followed by major let down. I want to see a scrappy, fast and eager bunch make the playoffs and play with no stress. Like mentioned above, Monty seems like a great coach for this type of team.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
The Bruins can't improve from last year as far as 82 games go and we all know that.

Can they stay in the Top 3 in the Atlantic? :dunno: I suspect they will but Buffalo appears ready to make a move as does Detroit.
I am not so sure. If Buffalo acquires Hellebyuck, or any goalie worth his salt, that spells big trouble. ...Detroit is a mixed bag and at least a year away.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Lucic would be rad. Hope the rumors are true.

I thought Duchene would be a good target but according to the main board he sucks at center and is essentially a full time wing now, so probably not much use.

One of Parise, Nyquist, or Wheeler could be a good add for a cheap veteran presence that can play in the top 6 if called upon.

I have a suspicion we sign Gambrell since he played for Monty in college and will be a league minimum guy after he didn't quite work out in Ottawa. Cheap body to bring into camp and can easily waive if he's not working out.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TSN Free Agent Frenzy ( 11 am to 5 pm Eastern ) on TSN and TSN4
Hockey Central ( 11:30 am to 2:30 pm Eastern ) on SN East, SN West, SN Ontario and SN Pacific

Reactions: old blue

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Today is the day NHL infatuation with da Broons and their players shows up as Tyler Bertuzzi & Dmitri Orlov join previous catastrophic contracts (Milan Lucic. Andrew Ference, Johnny Boychuk, Nathan Horton and Tyler Seguin. Add Loui Eriksson as the cherry on top - and Iginla was no day at the park)

You sign an ex-Bruins you are getting a lemon

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Today is the day NHL infatuation with da Broons and their players shows up as Tyler Bertuzzi & Dmitri Orlov join previous catastrophic contracts (Milan Lucic. Andrew Ference, Johnny Boychuk, Nathan Horton and Tyler Seguin. Add Loui Eriksson as the cherry on top - and Iginla was no day at the park)

You sign an ex-Bruins you are getting a lemon
Hope Bert comes to his senses and signs with us. He was born to be a Bruin

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Duchene is intriguing but I wouldn't go more than a year. No idea what AAV he would get. Think Sweeney is looking at stop-gap to next summer when he has real money.

Also 21 goal scorer Daniel Sprong did not get qualified by the Kraken.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Duchene is intriguing but I wouldn't go more than a year. No idea what AAV he would get. Think Sweeney is looking at stop-gap to next summer when he has real money.

Also 21 goal scorer Daniel Sprong did not get qualified by the Kraken.
Why would Duchene only do a year though?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hope Bert comes to his senses and signs with us. He was born to be a Bruin
They have no money / they should reset and hope to grab 7 or 8 spot and come out swinging next July

Rumor is Chicago for Bertuzzi

Their GM Collecting Bruins

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad