Racing: 2023 Formula 1 Season

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
That sprint race was pretty entertaining, though Interlagos could probably make a Lawnmowing Tractor race entertaining.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
charles-leclerc.jpg
spongebob-ight-imma-head-out-meme.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The people that paid a fortune for those tickets got to see a grand total of 8 minutes of running through the first two practice sessions. Good stuff.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Sainz getting a penalty for essentially poor track conditions makes no sense.
In the grand scheme of things, I think it's better for everyone that FIA doesn't start rewriting the rulebook on the spot, even if it would be 100% the fair thing to do here. You don't want that precedent to be there.

But why it isn't a rule is the question, because this is by no means the first time something of this nature happens.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
In the grand scheme of things, I think it's better for everyone that FIA doesn't start rewriting the rulebook on the spot, even if it would be 100% the fair thing to do here. You don't want that precedent to be there.

But why it isn't a rule is the question, because this is by no means the first time something of this nature happens.

I understand that and assume that's what the FIA went by. Just a shame common sense isn't an over ride. And they do have some exceptions at the race directors discretion. But yes the parts rules are fairly black and white.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Definitely one of the best races of the year. I also tuned in just 5 minutes before the start, and didn't look up any of the pre race stuff so I didn't have to cringe to death.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
First F1 race I've watched. Didn't bother going down to the track, but since it was town, thought I'd give it a try on ESPN. That was fun. Never got into racing cause my uncle was a big NASCAR fan and it always bored me to tears, but I think I'm down to watch more F1 after this.

Reactions: Flukeshot and max21

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Behind the scenes, the amount of work that was done to make this happen is insane. Worked over 65 hours this week alone, not to mention the years of planning that’s been happening and manpower it has taken with all involved. Obviously controversial but I’m glad to see the race was overall pretty good.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
When I heard it was 10pm local start I thought it was 10pm Sunday. Turn on my TV and thought it was odd it was on now. Turn on my phone and had a results notification.

F me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad