Racing: 2023 Formula 1 Season

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Impressive showing by McLaren as the season has gone along. From an also ran to multiple podiums. They are as competitive as anyone who isn't Verstappen at this point. Maybe they can tweak the car enough with their new wind tunnel to win a few next season.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Andretti (Cadillac) approved by the FIA, while the Rodin Carlin, Hitech, and Lkysunz bids were unsuccessful. Don't really want to see any of the lot, unless then they replace Haas.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Andretti (Cadillac) approved by the FIA, while the Rodin Carlin, Hitech, and Lkysunz bids were unsuccessful. Don't really want to see any of the lot, unless then they replace Haas.
Andretti does seem to be the first entry in a while that's serious about not only getting into F1, but also having some success there. Even if you want more teams on the grid, no one needs a new Caterham or Marussia, who'll only get screen time when they crash out or get lapped.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The resources could be there, but relative to their size GM has a very underwhelming history in motorsports and Andretti hasn't enjoyed that much recent success either. Andretti-Cadillac doesn't feel like a match made in heaven for F1.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Stroll should be suspended for the race by his team after that outburst. I am a Stroll supporter. You cannot get physical with your team.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Stroll should be suspended for the race by his team after that outburst. I am a Stroll supporter. You cannot get physical with your team.
I'd say -- let him race this one. The FIA may just suspend him anyways. Drugovich isn't eligible.

I think it's pretty obvious he needs a shrink, and to stay there until Bahrein tests, and if I was in charge (... or otherwise Lawrence), that's straight where he's headed after this one. Stroll isn't Alonso, but he's not Latifi either, and his performances aren't anywhere near normal lately. He also shown to be generally quite composed, so what happened here just tells me something is off. Let Drugo finish the season.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can't remember the last time someone retired for simply feeling unwell due to the conditions. Although that team radio of Webber throwing up in his helmet form some years back comes to mind.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Can't remember the last time someone retired for simply feeling unwell due to the conditions. Although that team radio of Webber throwing up in his helmet form some years back comes to mind.
Speaking of.....

Twitter feed is full of everyone barely being able to stand up after getting out of the car. A tough race seems like an understatement.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Who remembers this banger from the start of the season?
Looking at those gaps at the end of the race, you have to wonder what could've been possible if Norris didn't f*** up his qualifying...

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Looking at those gaps at the end of the race, you have to wonder what could've been possible if Norris didn't f*** up his qualifying...
Verstappen did get the hurry up from his engineer at some point, but I doubt he was pushing that much given the conditions. He probably had a bit more to give if he needed it.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Anyone here been at the Belgian GP? That Eau Rouge grandstand feels like such a must that I really want to go there in case Spa is dropped from the calendar. These one year deals aren't a very good sign.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012

Anyone here been at the Belgian GP? That Eau Rouge grandstand feels like such a must that I really want to go there in case Spa is dropped from the calendar. These one year deals aren't a very good sign.

No but this video pops up in my youtube suggestions every now and again:

• Love
Reactions: JoVel

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm watching the F1 Academy broadcast and the only thing I'm wondering is why the actual f*** do they bother giving commentating duties to people who, really, shouldn't be having such duties. Jamie Chadwick WTF.

I understand that having a woman on air for the F1Academy race was probably a must, but Alice Powell had done a pretty good job for F2 and F3 broadcasts.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm really over the sprint races. Thanks for the 1 or 2 laps of action and the spoilers for what's going to happen tomorrow.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Sep 19, 2008
People in Vegas seem really upset about F1

That said I'd be lying if I said I wasn't watching whenever that race happens next month

PXL_20231007_161148273.jpg
PXL_20231007_161215309.jpg
PXL_20231007_205018463.jpg
PXL_20231008_002347017.jpg

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm not sure anyone really wants that race to happen, apart from a handful of billionaires and people who get to go to the race for free.

F1's US expansion was inevitable and I have nothing against it, but I just wish they'd do proper racing tracks instead of whatever this is trying to be. Many legendary American tracks don't have the facilities or wouldn't be able to get FIA's grade 1 rating of course, but I'd rather have them go back to Indy than do a dull layout just to get to host a race in Vegas.

Sep 19, 2008
I'm not sure anyone really wants that race to happen, apart from a handful of billionaires and people who get to go to the race for free.

F1's US expansion was inevitable and I have nothing against it, but I just wish they'd do proper racing tracks instead of whatever this is trying to be. Many legendary American tracks don't have the facilities or wouldn't be able to get FIA's grade 1 rating of course, but I'd rather have them go back to Indy than do a dull layout just to get to host a race in Vegas.
The market for hotels on those days has reached 1000+ just for hotel rooms. it's crazy.

Reactions: JoVel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad