Pre-Game Talk: 2023 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Sea is calm around the Borg's house right now.

It's day of draft, it's 9AM and we still have our pick(s) for tonight.
i want to watch it but I dont know that i want to watch 4.5 hours of Bedard and other top 4 highlights because of all the moves that will likely happen and Bettman asking all teams to take near their time limit to maximize commercial time

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
i want to watch it but I dont know that i want to watch 4.5 hours of Bedard and other top 4 highlights because of all the moves that will likely happen and Bettman asking all teams to take near their time limit to maximize commercial time

I'll watch even though it's going to be like the old war metaphor: hours of boredom punctuated by moments of sheer terror.

Reactions: Nikishin Go Boom

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Okay, what Finn/Russian will be available for us?

How do you lads feel about Honzek?

Last edited:

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Halttunen is likely to be there. I don’t think But makes it to our pick, unfortunately
I really like him...#30 is slightly high, but I'd go off-consensus and take him if we can't trade down a few spots.

He started the year as a better spec than a lot of the other bigger forwards and fell after a bad year in Liiga that a lot of analysts say was simply the result of him being promoted to the adult league too fast.

But...big physical power F without skating questions and a bullet of a shot. And...he's a Finn. Yeah...I want that guy for us.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Oliver Bonk. Everyone says we need to get tougher, what's tougher than a d-man with the name "Bonk"? :sarcasm:
If we end up moving Pesce tonight for help upfront, taking Bonk would be at-least somewhat amusing as one of his more common NHL comparisons in play style and upside is...Brett Pesce.

It'd be like that scene in Beerfest where Landfill (Phil) dies...and is replaced his secret identical brother Gil.
Is he kin to Radek Bonk? Got to be an all time hockey name
His son.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
My thoughts on our draft (and who knows if any of these guys will be available when our pick comes around):

Pick #30

I like the two big Swedes - Anton Wahlberg or David Edstrom, failing that I agree on Halttunen and would also consider either of Nick Lardis or Bradly Nadeau.

Pick #62

Ethan Gauthier, Jayden Perron, Carson Rehkopf - guessing that none of these guys will actually be available which leaves Jesse Kiiskinen, or perhaps Trista Bertucci, Tanner Ludtke or Beau Akey

Pick #71

Arttu Karki, Carey Terrance, Mathieu Cataford or Coulson Pitre. I also really like Jakub Dvorak, but don't think he'll be there with this pick

Pick # 126

Rasmus Kumpulainen or Jesse Nurmi would be my 1st choices. Failing that, then Cole Burbidge, Beckett Hendrickson or Jake Fisher.

Pick #139

Hannes Hellberg would be my pick here. Others include Daniil Karpovich, Yegor Zavragin (1st Goalie), Mazden Leslie or Andrei Loshko

Pick #158

Zaccharya Wisdom, Michael DeAngelo or Hudson Malinoski

Pick #163

Jonathan Castagna, Ryan Conmy, Paul Fischer or Nikita Ishimnikov

Pick #190

Hunter Anderson, Aron Jessli, Spencer Sova or Emil Pieniniemi

Pick #222

Teddy Townsend, Gavyn Thoreson, Hampton Slukynsky, Owen Beckner or Norwin Panocha

So even after all of that, if I were a betting man (which I am), I'd wager we'll trade this pick with a player and/or prospect to get the scoring help we need.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Is he kin to Radek Bonk? Got to be an all time hockey name
ya ya Oliver Bonk is Radek's Boy. London Knight.
Oliver is a smart Right Shot D-Man. He had a good season. @ 40 Pts.
Halttunen: looks like he'll be playing for the London Knights this season. Big Boy!!
2 other London Knights who are very good.
Ethan Cowan & Denver Barkey
They'll be drafted in the Top 100.
Ethan Cowan: Excellent wheels & shot. Perhaps the most improved Knight this season.
Denver Barkey: Excellent Vision & Play Maker. Can play Center or Wing.
Both play with high energy and aggressiveness. Excellent POs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad