2023 Draft Thread (Lottery Drawing 05/08/23 8PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You’re really something — the President of the team literally says in multiple videos what they’re gonna do and you’re still in denial.

They AREN’T taking Michkov.

It’s not just about Michkov.

It’s whether they’ll prefer they prefer Fantilli/Carlsson/Smith.

It’s what happens every year, there’s going to be lot of misleading, not telling the whole truth and what not.
Again if you’re not picking at the top on this draft.

Reactions: NTDP

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
It’s not just about Michkov.

It’s whether they’ll prefer they prefer Fantilli/Carlsson/Smith.

It’s what happens every year, there’s going to be lot of misleading, not telling the whole truth and what not.
Again if you’re not picking at the top on this draft.

The President said they’re taking a center — twice. Very simple and a VERY notable development. Of course which center it will be is still TBD. Yet you, like always, need to find a reason to complicate this point.

You really don’t have to reply to EVERY post on HF just to reply.

Last edited:

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
You’re really something — the President of the team literally says in multiple videos what they’re gonna do and you’re still in denial.

They AREN’T taking Michkov. Which center is the only thing we should be debating at this point.
there's a steep drop-off after the top five in this draft, four of those guys are centers, and the jackets can pick no lower than fourth.

obviously the best case is the jackets getting bedard, and people are going to have different evaluations/preferences for the top five guys, but there's no reason for all the doom and gloom.

worse case scenario is they get one of carlsson/smith still on the board. even if they drop back a spot they'll have their pick of one of those guys.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The President said they’re taking a center — twice. Very simple and a VERY notable development. Of course which center it will be is still TBD. Yet you, like always, need to find a reason to complicate this point.

You know why I said that?

Because it damm happens every year, every draft

Reactions: NTDP

5th Line Fanatic

Oct 2, 2020

This is not the second time he's said it, it's the third. He's been telling us for a month that the #1 pick will be used to acquire a Center.

What I find interesting now is WHY does he keep saying it and WHO is he talking to? He has chosen to go on video (not a print reporter who might take it out of context) twice in the last week to say it again and again. There is a communications strategy at play here and we may never know who the intended audience is, but he sure as hell wants there to be no doubt about what he wants. The intended audience could be the Fans, the ownership, other GMs, or Jarmo.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
there's a steep drop-off after the top five in this draft, four of those guys are centers, and the jackets can pick no lower than fourth.

obviously the best case is the jackets getting bedard, and people are going to have different evaluations/preferences for the top five guys, but there's no reason for all the doom and gloom.

worse case scenario is they get one of carlsson/smith still on the board. even if they drop back a spot they'll have their pick of one of those guys.

Right. The substantial news here is JD publicly eliminated the Russian.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
So I just realized the draft is on my birthday and given the fact that I hate my birthday and don't celebrate it, I think it safe to say that the worse case scenario will happen. Pittsburgh win the draft lottery and Washington moves up to 2.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
So I just realized the draft is on my birthday and given the fact that I hate my birthday and don't celebrate it, I think it safe to say that the worse case scenario will happen. Pittsburgh win the draft lottery and Washington moves up to 2.
Well, luckily Pittsburgh can only move up ten spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese