GDT: 2023 ALDS: (2) Houston Astros vs. (3) Minnesota Twins

HOU vs MIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
So it looks like France was warming up. That means Urquidy will get the start tomorrow most likely. I'd be more than fine with that.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Outside of the first couple months of last year Pena's glove has been amazing. There has been no drop off from losing Correa on the defensive side of things.

9 more outs. Come on BP.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Yordan and Abreu ( yup he did it again!) add on. Maybe the Twins shouldn't pitch to Yordan.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fantastic win. Close it out tomorrow boys.

Not sure if it's been confirmed anywhere yet, but I imagine Joe Ryan will pitch tomorrow since Maeda and Ober pitched today. Then again I don't think Keuchel has pitched yet either. Ryan has the potential to put some pressure on the Astros, but at this point I doubt it. Twins offense is going to need to show up early and often.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Not sure if it's been confirmed anywhere yet, but I imagine Joe Ryan will pitch tomorrow since Maeda and Ober pitched today. Then again I don't think Keuchel has pitched yet either. Ryan has the potential to put some pressure on the Astros, but at this point I doubt it. Twins offense is going to need to show up early and often.
Yeah it was confirmed before the game today. He is pitching tomorrow.

Missed the game. Looked like everyone contributed but Diaz(Brantley will take his spot tomorrow) and Brown(but were strikes called balls?).
Lots of strikes called balls and vice versa for both teams today. Ump was straight trash but what else is new?

We need to win tomorrow. I don't want to face Lopez on Friday even on 4 days of rest.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
This is nuts

Btw Dusty can you name the starter for today already? Its probably going to be Urquidy with France in the pen to back him up...

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
We made that easy for Ryan. Need to make him work. C'mon Urquidy !

Not like that Jose. Bad start.

Pena is a man. This boy continues to flash theglove. Erased that leadoff double for a DP..

Lewis goes yard. 1-0.. Thank God for that DP.

Team that has scored first has won every game. Need to snap that today.

Uncle f***ing Mike the professional hitter ties it at 1. Gone!

Urquidy settled in that inning. Strikes out the side. Keep it up my man.

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I'm not sure if its because Abreu loves feasting on the AL central or if he found his game for the PO but I'll take it. He can be our Yuli for this postseason. A player who had a shit regular season but turns it on for the PO like Yuli did last year.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It makes no sense. I haven't read anything about their plan being that. Outside of the HR he was dealing.

Rocco has had a tendency at times to overmanage himself out of games, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened here

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Saw a few talking about this on another board. Abreu now has more postseason HR than Bagwell. Sad but not surprising to those who watched back in the day. Bags didn't get his first postseason HR til 04 against the Braves. He finished that series with the only 2 of his career.

Biggio and Bags were two of our greatest players of all time but their shortcomings in the postseason are well acknowledged. Sure you can blame having to face Atlanta 5 times in 9 seasons but performance was still inexcusable for the most part. '98 is the year that grinds my gear. Getting shutdown by Kevin Brown and Sterling f***ing Hitchcock and the Padres. That 98 team was too good just to be bounced in the ALDS.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Good game by Urquidy... Only a 1 run lead now though. Would be nice to get some insurance. These last 9 outs are sure to be stressful.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00