GDT: 2023 ALDS: (2) Houston Astros vs. (3) Minnesota Twins

HOU vs MIN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That ball didnt seem hit all that hard, I think Correa should have scored there. Regardless they get another run.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What does the rest of Houston's rotation look like? Broadcast crew mentioned Verlander game 5, but wouldn't he be lined up for a game 4?

E: Less rest between game 1 and 4 than I thought, but still curious what Houston's rotation would look like

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
At least no shut out. I will take it.

Javier starts Game 3. Game 4 is on Wednesday, so no JV unless he goes on 3 days rest.

It's probably Urquidy in Game 4.
Him or France with Brown on deck in the BP if I had to guess.I would go with Urquidy. He has the experience and has some good playoff games under his belt.

Though we might need one of the starters to come in on Tuesday out of the pen. Javier has durability issues. I just want 5 good innings from him on Tuesday. All I ask.

Last edited:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Javier starts Game 3. Game 4 is on Wednesday, so no JV unless he goes on 3 days rest.

Twins probably don't want to lose Sonny's start on Tuesday. They'd be leaving a lot of risk on the table going into a game 4 with with Joe Ryan or Bailey Ober down in the series.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.

I thought Brown hinted that Urquidy would be in the bullpen. But honestly with his last start and experience, would prefer him over France(if they plan on starting France). Also no idea if this is true but everytime I see Urquidy come in for relief, it looks like he struggles. I would prefer him to start with a short leash and then have France ready to come in if he has to.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Line ups for today

Not sure how I feel about sitting Chas but I love him putting Diaz in though I would've preferred him in as catcher...No Brantley is concerning. This lineup makes me nervous. Hopefully Diaz and Dubon provide a spark with the bats. Looks like both Urquidy and France are available out of the Pen today. Guess Dusty is waiting to see how this game shakes out before naming a starter for tomorrow.

Twins have named Joe Ryan the starter for G4.

Last edited:

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Alvarez hit stays right on the line down first for a double. Men on 2nd and 3rd . 1 out. We need to capitalize.

Tucker RBI single. Alvarez hit changed from hit to error..

Men on the the corners 1 out. Let's keep it rollin-- oh its Abreu... f***!

Nevermind f***ing Abreu with a 3 run jack lmfao!

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Gray with the lowest HR rate allowed by an American league pitcher this year gives up a 3 run homer to Abreu of all folk. Doesn't bode well.

C'mon Javier. Have a good game.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
whats going on..Twins hitters look like theyre swining a baseball bat for the first time today.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Diaz sucks hitting out of the DH spot . I hope he fixes that this game. So far no good

Good news is that Gray is off today.

Stranding a leadoff double isn't good for business.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
1696975229288.png

1 is a called strike
2 is a ball

figure that one out

Well if the Twins were gonna get back in this game, it was that AB. Better luck in game 4 I guess.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Good work Javier but I think you're done. I don't know what it is but he can almost never get past 5 innings. It's been a worrisome problem his whole career. But thank you for today. The game isn't over but that was tremendous.

View attachment 750761

1 is a called strike
2 is a ball

figure that one out

Well if the Twins were gonna get back in this game, it was that AB. Better luck in game 4 I guess.
Thus ump has been ridiculous for both sides

Runners on the corner's no outs ( now 1 ) . Put the dagger in please.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad