NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Wild Card Round: (2) Buffalo Bills vs (7) Pittsburgh Steelers

BUF vs PIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Pitt 10 point dogs
The Bills have been 10+ point favorites 4 times this year.

15.5 point favorites against the Giants that they came inches away from losing.
10 point favorites against the Bucs in which the Bucs had a Hail Mary to win the game but failed
12.5 point favorites against the Chargers in which they needed a field goal with 28 seconds remaining to win the game.
14.5 point favorites against the Pats in a game in which they had 4 picks, including a pick 6, and NE still had a drive to potentially win the game late in the 4th quarter (they failed because Zappe sucks)

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The Bills have been 10+ point favorites 4 times this year.

15.5 point favorites against the Giants that they came inches away from losing.
10 point favorites against the Bucs in which the Bucs had a Hail Mary to win the game but failed
12.5 point favorites against the Chargers in which they needed a field goal with 28 seconds remaining to win the game.
14.5 point favorites against the Pats in a game in which they had 4 picks, including a pick 6, and NE still had a drive to potentially win the game late in the 4th quarter (they failed because Zappe sucks)
So 4-0 then?

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Winning close games against bad teams where we are favored by a considerable margin has ,sadly, been our M.O this year. That said I fully expect us to crush them ( barring horrific weather ) at home... Their D is banged up really bad. We need to exploit that weak secondary . Meanwhile the D needs to just focus on stopping Harris and Warren. There is no excuse to lose to Mason Rudolph at home but we shall see. This season has been a ride. No matter how we've played winning 5 straight to end the regular season is huge. We have all of the momentum so let's keep it rolling . A rematch against KC the next week in Buffalo might be just the thing to get over the hump in the playoffs and try to make the SB finally.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Steelers have a chance if

- They can look like one of the league's best rushing attacks vs one of the worst rushing defences
- They can pressure Josh Allen into being Stupid Allen rather than Super Allen
- They can keep the pocket clean when Rudolph has to throw it

First I like the chances of. Second I might like the chances of if they were fitter. The third seems a big ask.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

- They can look like one of the league's best rushing attacks vs one of the worst rushing defences

First I like the chances of. Second I might like the chances of if they were fitter. The third seems a big ask.

Second goes out the window without TJ

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

The Bills only really struggle against the run when they have a passing game threat to worry about. They also were missing DaQuan Jones who is great against the run for most of the year. Rudolph is going to have to show them something downfield to get them off of the run, or it's going to be a long day for Pittsburgh's offense.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Second goes out the window without TJ

Probably, although it's going to be an interesting experiment to see what happens for the Steelers when they replace an injured Watt with genuinely useful pass rushers rather than trivia answers. Golden and Herbig have had good seasons considering their limited opportunity and not just through luck. Part of me thinks there's a timeline where this is Herbig's coming out party.

The problem there is - and what would have been a problem even with Watt - is right now I don't think the Steelers defence does enough to force guys to hold onto it and get into trouble. There's usually someone open before Watt/Highsmith can get there. With a fit secondary and ILB room that might be different... but that's not the case.

Also the Steelers run defence has been very hit and miss and I think that could provide an easy outlet for Buffalo.

The Bills only really struggle against the run when they have a passing game threat to worry about. They also were missing DaQuan Jones who is great against the run for most of the year. Rudolph is going to have to show them something downfield to get them off of the run, or it's going to be a long day for Pittsburgh's offense.

I did kind of wonder as it's not something I associate with the Bills.

That said... Rudolph can absolutely show something downfield, particularly if the Bills are stacking the box, if he is given time to make his throw. The thing I worry about is him having the time. He has not historically been a guy who handles pocket pressure well and he's not faced the sort of opposition that allows him to show that's no longer true.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Weather has potential to turn silly with possible lake effect snow which could very much compress the game and prevent the Bills from running up the score quickly and forcing the Steelers to abandon the run game.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Crap weather will make it easier for the Steeiers to even the playing field by running the hell out of Harris and Warren.... But we'll still win.. I can't entertain in the slightest the possibility of a Mason Rudolph led team coming into our house in January and winning.... If that happens then there needs to be some firings.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
I hope Pittsburgh brings an extra blue tent for Tomlin. He going in to be evaluated for emotional damage and mental anguish when he realizes in the tent the standard isn't the f***ing standard and he is currently living in his fears.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I hope Pittsburgh brings an extra blue tent for Tomlin. He going in to be evaluated for emotional damage and mental anguish when he realizes in the tent the standard isn't the f***ing standard and he is currently living in his fears.

If he hasn't realised it now, what do you think is going to happen in this game? Dan Rooney and Chuck Noll descend from heaven to have a private word with him?

Reactions: TheAngryHank

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The Bills should win the game but the weather is going to be a factor. The Steelers have been running the ball well of late. I think the game is close. If the Steelers win the turnover battle they have a shot.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
This weather is worrisome but whatever. Still have the Bills winning. At least we will have an excuse for barely beating a team that we're favored heavily to win against for once lol.

Meanwhile Gabe Davis and Rapp are both out for Sunday...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This weather is worrisome but whatever. Still have the Bills winning. At least we will have an excuse for barely beating a team that we're favored heavily to win against for once lol.

Meanwhile Gabe Davis and Rapp are both out for Sunday...
If it snows hard I’d wear the blue pants as well if I’m Buffalo. Miami, I know it’s going to be cold in KC but wear the teal pants if there is now.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

"NFL telling the teams it's status quo" is how the communications about the last two games that got moved out of Buffalo started. If it does get moved to Cleveland, Buffalo fans aren't going to be able to get there through the storm and it's going to turn into a Pittsburgh home game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad