NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Baltimore Ravens vs. (4) Houston Texans

BAL vs HOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
To be fair, Lamar historically has been a much different player in the postseason. 1-3 record..

If he plays well, a lot of that downplaying disappears. If he doesn't, it's just going to get louder and he runs the risk of being compared to trash like Dak Prescott.
I think this is a good assessment. Jackson winning or losing against Houston will be hyper-criticized or hyper-downplayed/coped for..

His playoff record will either be 2-3 or 1-4.. which to me is a negligible difference. BUT it will be turned in to a melodramatic talking/turning point within sports media.

I think it's apparent Jackson has struggled with postseason pressure and expectations. But so what; lot of players do. I think the sports media has unfairly turned struggling with pressure in to an unforgivable characteristic. Not every QB is gonna be Joe Montana in January. And you don't need to be, to still have a great career.
Specifically with Jackson, I see a lot of media & fans emotionally wanting Jackson to be Black Superman.. which probably adds (unfairly) to his pressure.

I don't see (or endorse) the idea that 1-3 or 2-4 is a make or break for Jackson's legacy.. but I think I'm in the minority.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The talent disparity between teams and coaching staffs will be difference.

Would love to see Texans upset but this game is probably not going to be all that close

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the Ravens win this but i'm not sure by how much/little.

A team with nothing to lose/playing with house money like Houston is super dangerous but at the same time...even with the job DeMeco and Stroud have done that roster has no business being able to hang with the Ravens.

Lamar finally gets his feather in the cap to shut up most of his detractors (looking at you BWC) with a win. idk like 27-10?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I would like randomly comment that the Houston Texans sure have a tendency similar to the Ottawa Senators.

New core - develops and becomes potent. Gets old. They suck. Draft new people, get good again. They blow it up. They suck. Draft new people, get good again...championship with Stroud?

Anyway, I think the Ratbirds are out for blood buuuut will make it interesting and close because they don't finish well.

Ravens 31, Texans 24.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I believe this is the 1st time Jackson has got any points in the 1st quarter of a playoff game

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Watching this crew discuss a play and enforce intentional grounding correctly.

Thinking about Hochuli calling Allen for intentional grounding while being horse collared out of the pocket and the ball landing at the feet of an eligible receiver. Or calling Allen for intentional grounding under no pressure because Gabe Davis ran the wrong option. Flags no one other than Hochuli would throw. And only on Buffalo.

cant wait for tomorrows fixed game. Hope everyone got their bets in,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad