NFL GDT: 2023 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Baltimore Ravens vs. (4) Houston Texans

BAL vs HOU

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Rotten draw for Baltimore but I think they should go through. It's hard to bet against them after watching them run amok on a bunch of good teams. They're not a paper tiger.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
ravens match up well with houston obviously should win, but houston is hot and no way im counting out stroud with how he's played

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Texans got further than anyone expected this season and defied all expectations. They're a great story. Stroud is legit .....But it ends here.

34-17 Ravens.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think this is an extraordinarily interesting game.

I'm going Baltimore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ravens match up well with houston obviously should win, but houston is hot and no way im counting out stroud with how he's played
He is hot, but has hit some potholes with some better defenses. Which is fine as a rookie, but 2 of his top 3 receivers out is a problem too.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Different Texans team then who played the Ravens in week one. Could be a shoot out as I don't have much hope for the Houston D in containing Jackson. 35-31 Ravens

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I didn't realize there were still people dumb enough out there to try and downplay Lamar Jackson.
To be fair, Lamar historically has been a much different player in the postseason. 1-3 record with the one win he got coming on the back of a pretty meh performance.

I would argue this game against Houston is the most important one he's ever started. If he plays well, a lot of that downplaying disappears. If he doesn't, it's just going to get louder and he runs the risk of being compared to trash like Dak Prescott.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To be fair, Lamar historically has been a much different player in the postseason. 1-3 record with the one win he got coming on the back of a pretty meh performance.

I would argue this game against Houston is the most important one he's ever started. If he plays well, a lot of that downplaying disappears. If he doesn't, it's just going to get louder and he runs the risk of being compared to trash like Dak Prescott.

Unless something comes out about him having mental difficulty with pressure (which seems extremely doubtful when you see how much he's outperformed what people say of him), I'm going to chalk this up to small sample size and bet on a 2x MVP franchise quarterback to figure it out. It's not like I recall the specifics of every game he's started in the playoffs but it just seems like it's the single last thing his detractors have (not including you in that).

He retires today and he's a borderline HOF player already. He gets it done in the playoffs and every poster who talked shit about him should get publically shamed.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

he threw for over 360 yds and rushed for over 140 in the 2019 divisional loss to TN. one of his picks was a perfectly thrown pass that went right off andrews's hands into the titans defender's. the ravens lost that game because their run defense was atrocious and because the titans made some key stops on 4th down, combined with roman quickly abandoning the run once the ravens went down. not because of lamar

and in his win against the titans the next year, he still rushed for 136 yds and a TD despite not throwing a TD

but yes, i do agree that this is (so far) the most important playoff game he's played. if the ravens lose this game and lamar plays poorly, then all the criticism will absolutely be warranted. i have a lot more faith in him going into this postseason than in the past, mainly because of the way monken has brought out his true potential as a passer

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Ravens

Houston does not have any receiver that can make big plays outside of Nico Collins. I also doubt that Lamar Jackson will throw dumb picks like Flacco did to completely deflate his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad