Prospect Info: 2023 91st Overall - Emil Pieniniemi

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He should change his name to something a little more North American for coach jackass.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
He was so much better that no other NHL team wanted him and he immediately went back to Europe.
I wouldn't say no other team would have wanted him, more so a European wants to go home and play starting mins. Rikkola could have absolutely gotten a NHL deal.

GMs love capable NHL Dmen for depth. Not like Rikkola was bad, really. Just kinda there.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

edit: Again, deeply offensive microstats and/or midgets feeding each other faeces while rubbing themselves raw, have a guess

Reactions: Jacob

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I wouldn't say no other team would have wanted him, more so a European wants to go home and play starting mins. Rikkola could have absolutely gotten a NHL deal.

GMs love capable NHL Dmen for depth. Not like Rikkola was bad, really. Just kinda there.
Imagine getting dicked around by a team with below par defensemen season after season and actually having some tangibles that they lack only to see Chad jump you at every opportunity.

I'd probably say F this and go home too

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Man, following the draft before twitter must have sucked. Or, you know, not have happened and let you do something real with your life.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

edit: Again, deeply offensive microstats and/or midgets feeding each other faeces while rubbing themselves raw, have a guess

Hope this guy makes the team some day so he can troll other teams with his bird celly

RSPens

May 25, 2015
I'd hope not considering how shitty our drafting has been the past, oh, decade.

To be honest, I'd rather Dubas be pushing for prospects that his Toronto staff viewed highly rather than whoever the Pens' staff views highly.
You mean the same Toronto staff that reached in round 1 and took someone that most people thought was at best mid second round?

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Pieniniemi was drafted 10th overall by Kingston in the CHL import draft today.

Euros don't always come over when drafted into the CHL, so doesn't automatically mean he will be in Kingston, but usually when they are drafted that early it means there is a high likelihood that they will come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad