Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
It was said in response to Miller having a subpar game last night and me essentially questioning if the poster in question wanted to play that game, not a Tocchet-esque preemptive excuse.

Again, if you think Connor is at the top of his game I urge you to catch more Oilers games.

You're missing out on a pretty special and entertaining player.

Miller had good games in the series but a bad one last night. Saying he can play better again doesn't mean he's going to score 5 points every game.

McDavid has consistently been good all series.

This isn't hard.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Miller had good games in the series but a bad one last night. Saying he can play better again doesn't mean he's going to score 5 points every game.

McDavid has consistently been good all series.

This isn't hard.
No, but saying McDavid can play better DOES mean he can score 5 points.

His point totals this series belie your argument (again, by McDavid's own standards that are obviously higher than JT Miller's).

And stop with the snark, makes you look dumber than I think you are.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not an ounce of respect coming from the Oilers fans. Keep it up.

The Oilers have won 2 of 8 games against the Canucks.

The Canucks have their worst game of the series and the Oilers have their best , yet it was 2/2 in the third. But hey , clear cut superior team bro.
Are Canuck fans being respectful? Trash talking happens.

Reactions: PuckG

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

His point totals this series belie your argument (again, by McDavid's own standards that are obviously higher than JT Miller's).

Come on, no need for the shot.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

First off, me saying JT Miller had an off night compared to the other games & can play better doesn't have anything to do with McDavid.

Secondly, McDavid has played well enough to score 5 points in more games than he has, but the Canucks have also defended him very well which plays a role in how successful McDavid will be, for some reason that part is ignored here.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
First off, me saying JT Miller had an off night compared to the other games & can play better doesn't have anything to do with McDavid.

Secondly, McDavid has played well enough to score 5 points in more games than he has, but the Canucks have also defended him very well which plays a role is how successful McDavid will be, for some reason that part is ignored here.
But it has something to do with McDavid, but because positions are entrenched on the second point we are not getting anywhere so I'm happy to agree to disagree.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
It really is up to petey at this point, his line mates are trash but at this point just be selfish and take like 7-10 shots especially on pickard, who wasn’t bad but he was jus my good enough so he is beatable.

Canucks looked deflated after this one, they need to pull their head out of their ass and realize they still have the advantage of home ice and get the next one.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
One thing is for sure, mcdavid might win a cup in his life but it will never be with Edmonton. Same with crysaitle

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
There's been lots of wild back and forth, most of the troll Vancouver fans are predictably MIA today. The remaining Vancouver fans posting have for the most part been pretty good.
There are Oilers fans I'd rather talk to after a Canucks loss, than certain Canuck fans after a win. And I think that cuts both ways for each franchise.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
But it has something to do with McDavid, but because positions are entrenched on the second point we are not getting anywhere so I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Theres a reason the Canucks are reverting back to their structure & defending alot, McDavid & Draisaitl have played 30 mins a game together (prior to last night), you can't trade chances with them.

We've seen Canucks teams in previous years try to trade chances with the Oilers & it doesn't work for them all that often.

In this series they're deliberately trying to contain McDavid. In zone they aren't getting too far away from him off puck. They are not giving him open lanes to wind up entering their zone (watch the posture they go into when EDM moves the puck up ice & he's trying to wind up). And so far they've done all that pretty well.

But just focus on them play, when McDavid is on the ice they are clearly trying to stay below him - and in layers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad