Speculation: 2023-24 Sharks Roster Discussion

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Trading up clearly.

Sharks have too many prospects as is. Whatever they’d get with NJD 1st they can pick up in FA.
I disagree you can never have too many prospects. Most prospects won't make it so my mentality is get as many dart throws as possible and see what sticks. Trade down as much as possible.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
My prediction is that, as low as the expectations are for the Sharks this coming season, half the board will still find reasons to complain after every game.
I predict Hoffman will be mid and one of the AHLers will go PPG and we'll complain about why Hoffman is still playing over them

Reactions: landshark

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
And that’s how you end up with 23 Nick Boninos.
How many cups did Bonino win? Players like Bonino have value and teams are bad at scouting and developing 18 year olds. Give me as many lottery tickets as possible to find Bonino and Pavelski, Braun, etc.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
“He likes guys who mirrored his career” explains why he drafted Will Smith, signed Zadina, traded for Duclair…All mirror images of Mike Grier.
Well considering all those guys with exception to Smith careers are actually worse then Griers and are in fact trash. I’d say I’m not to far off, the sharks will be lucky if Smith pans out to be as good as David Legwand which isn’t a huge leap above peak Grier.

Grier is like the raccoon of NHL GM’s he’s happy picking up everyone else’s garbage and call it a treasure. So yes they are garbage tier Grier players

I gave Grier to much credit for some reason I thought he was closer to a 50 pint guy not 40 my bad

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
I think there's a pretty big difference between playing Hoffman over Eklund and playing Hoffman over Gushchin.
I don't think so. Eklund might be considered more guaranteed of a NHLer but playing Hoffman over Gushchin is equally as ridiculous.
Tell me how many cups those guys were main pieces of.
Bonino played a major role in PIT beating SJ. So, that's at least one.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't think so. Eklund might be considered more guaranteed of a NHLer but playing Hoffman over Gushchin is equally as ridiculous.

Bonino played a major role in PIT beating SJ. So, that's at least one.
You think he did? I’d argue he was the third best player on his line and it wasn’t particularly close.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00