Euro Hockey Tour: 2023-24 season

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Final today, Swedes vs czechs. I think swedes win, becuse czechs cant win all games, sometimes losses comes and Sweden learned a lesson in Karjala.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Next tournament is in Sweden, feb 5-11. If i heard Hallam correct he want best possible team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bijelo

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice job Sweden. See you in February in Sweden.

This team didn't excite me that much. Hoping for a squad I like more next time. Thought they played quite well though and fought hard to get within 1 of Sweden in the final minute today!

Sweden looked better to me today for sure though.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Målvakter

Filip Larsson, Leksand

Marcus Högberg, Linköping

Backar

Christian Folin, Frölunda

Henrik Tömmernes, Frölunda

Gabriel Carlsson, Växjö

Lukas Bengtsson, Zug

Jesper Sellgren, Luleå

Tim Heed, Ambri-Piotta

Patrik Nemeth, Bern

Joel Persson, Växjö

Forwards

Joakim Nygård, Färjestad

Max Friberg, Frölunda

Marcus Sörensen, Fribourg-Gottéron

Lucas Wallmark, Fribourg-Gottéron

Oscar Lindberg, Skellefteå

Anton Bengtsson, Rögle

Victor Ejdsell, Färjestad

Filip Hållander, Timrå

Linus Johansson, Färjestad

Dennis Rasmussen, Davos

Marcus Sylvegård, Växjö

Jesper Frödén, Zürich

Malte Strömwall, Frölunda

Jacob de la Rose, Fribourg-Gottéron

Rasmussen, again, yikes.

Sörensen - Wallmark - Fröden
Nygård - Lindberg - Strömwall
Hållander - Ejdsell - M Sylvegård
Bengtsson - L Johansson - Friberg

Tömmernas - Folin
Nemeth - Persson
Carlsson - Bengtsson
Sellgren - Heed

Rasmussen and Rose better stay on the bench

Last edited:

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
Finland
31 Jatkola Juha, KalPa Kuopio
32 Larmi Emil, Växjö Lakers HC, SHL

2 Rissanen Rasmus, Örebro HK, SHL
3 Friman Niklas, Ilves Tampere
4 Reunanen Tarmo, Lukko Rauma
6 Sund Tony, HIFK Helsinki
7 Kaski Oliwer, HV71, SHL
13 Kemiläinen Valtteri, Tappara Tampere
22 Utunen Toni, Pelicans Lahti
33 Vittasmäki Veli-Matti, Tappara Tampere
36 Eronen Elmeri, Timrå IK, SHL
62 Mattila Jesper, KalPa Kuopio

10 Suomi Eemeli, Ilves Tampere
15 Aaltonen Miro, EHC Kloten, NLA
19 Borgström Henrik, HV71, SHL
20 Ranta Sampo, MoDo Hockey, SHL
21 Puistola Patrik, Jukurit Mikkeli
23 Huuhtanen Niko, Jukurit Mikkeli
24 Björninen Hannes, Örebro HK, SHL
25 Haapala Henrik, Lausenne HC, NLA
37 Erholtz Eemil, Ässät Pori
39 Repo Sebastian, Lukko Rauma
46 Luoto Joona, SC Bern, NLA
51 Jääskä Juha, HIFK Helsinki
57 Hyry Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
61 Nurmi Markus, TPS Turku
74 Suomela Antti, Lausanne HC, NLA

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Seems like a solid lineup. I know nothing about the second goalie. The D is solid for our standards... Kempny, Hajek, Kral and Galvas could end up on the Prague Team. Forwards don't excite me too much except for O. Kase who I absolutely want in Prague.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Seems like a solid lineup. I know nothing about the second goalie. The D is solid for our standards... Kempny, Hajek, Kral and Galvas could end up on the Prague Team. Forwards don't excite me too much except for O. Kase who I absolutely want in Prague.

Do you have any thoughts on Malek? Given the Devils goaltending situation (to me more of a media/fan issue as opposed to a real thing) is he any closer to signing with New Jersey?

On a side note, Vanacek stole a game last night and was not even one of the game's three stars.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
something's off with our game..
been for sometime..
still believe in Jalonen but it didn't work last year
but i think last year, the roster was wrong

Jere Lehtinen should leave, from his gm spot

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Does anybody even care about this tournament anymore? Baarely any talk in Finnish media or forums either. Didn't even know Finland is playing today.

There seems to be more angry people in Finland about national teams taking their star players than people actually watching the games.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Does anybody even care about this tournament anymore? Baarely any talk in Finnish media or forums either. Didn't even know Finland is playing today.

There seems to be more angry people in Finland about national teams taking their star players than people actually watching the games.
Nope. Haven't watched EHT in years.... and when theres U16, U17, U18, U20 National team games same time those are candy.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

I care when there's interesting (younger) players on Sweden or Vegas prospects on a team. Neither is true now, though.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I care when there's interesting (younger) players on Sweden or Vegas prospects on a team. Neither is true now, though.
Yes only guys like Huuhtanen playing there is remotely interesting but getto see them enough in Liiga action anyway. On top of that EHT performances don't seem to influence selections one bit, the same old geezers make WHC anyway

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

It's meaningless and can be dangerous tbh. Eg. If the Czech C squad beats the Swedish F squad in an empty arena somewhere. Sometimes the takeaway is those Czechs are who we need at the world's.lol. Then we send our c squad to play the Swedish B squad and they anhilate is.

As an opportunity for younger players or guys the coaches are curious about ... It is good but the Czechs best young players left when they were 17.

Still.. I will always watch if it is convenient to cheer my Czechs and sometimes there is something to cheer for... Eg. Kase was supposed to be here.. would've loved that. Like that Malek is on net though. Tichacek gettting looks is perfect! This year I'm interested in how Hajek, Kral and galvas look. When Spacek returned... Or Chlapik.. that was exciting.

But seeing Ruzicka just scares me because I think it means he will get a spot.lol

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's meaningless and can be dangerous tbh. Eg. If the Czech C squad beats the Swedish F squad in an empty arena somewhere. Sometimes the takeaway is those Czechs are who we need at the world's.lol. Then we send our c squad to play the Swedish B squad and they anhilate is.

As an opportunity for younger players or guys the coaches are curious about ... It is good but the Czechs best young players left when they were 17.

Still.. I will always watch if it is convenient to cheer my Czechs and sometimes there is something to cheer for... Eg. Kase was supposed to be here.. would've loved that. Like that Malek is on net though. Tichacek gettting looks is perfect! This year I'm interested in how Hajek, Kral and galvas look. When Spacek returned... Or Chlapik.. that was exciting.

But seeing Ruzicka just scares me because I think it means he will get a spot.lol
What would you expect if Sweden, a leading hockey nation, has been doing everything possible to ruin the European hockey? They promoted the NHL Transfer Agreement, they led the proces of fragmentation & regression of the European hockey, they hinder the development proces of international club competitions etc etc including the weakening of junior & youth hockey on the continent.

and their leading talking-head imitates NHL rhetoric (no international tournaments during season)

google translation: There are a numerous club managers across Europe praying that none of their players get injured. #EHT

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What would you expect if Sweden, a leading hockey nation, has been doing everything possible to ruin the European hockey? They promoted the NHL Transfer Agreement, they led the proces of fragmentation & regression of the European hockey, they hinder the development proces of international club competitions etc etc including the weakening of junior & youth hockey on the continent.

and their leading talking-head imitates NHL rhetoric (no international tournaments during season)

google translation: There are a numerous club managers across Europe praying that none of their players get injured. #EHT

To be honest, I had no idea any of that was going on.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
To be honest, I had no idea any of that was going on.
Look, the Swedish Hockey Association was the main promoter of the NHL TA to be extended a few years ago. Swedes are responsible for a fact the European top talents are taken by NHL clubs for close-to-nothing compensation.

That being said, Swedish clubs are mainly responsible for misusing of the transfer rules for minors.

I wont even discuss their attitude towards international competitions.

Swedes are known for using immoral, unfair & illegal methods in relations with foreign partners.

They put their own interests, including revenge, above the interests of the entire hockey community in Europe.

They have confused the sports industry with another kind of public activity.

They are using other hockey elements to solve their internal struggles.

Just a few examples ...

All that leads to the fragmentation & regression of the European hockey. And worse times are ahead of us.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden

Sweden vs Czechia was a good game.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
We are so bad lol

Thanks god, our federation already took care of that, they re-sign Patrick the genius !

What a f***ing joke, what a bunch of f***ing losers

No bichsel on the team btw, you can already see that the federation will cause trouble because of his past choices! Great at all level, I'm done with this shit

Last edited:
Reactions: Speyer

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
Since our game against Latvia in the WC, we have 0 win and 11 games lost.

According to our brillant federation, everything is fine and the dumbass behind the bench will make the olympics in 2026. And Bichsel seems to not have invitation in the team anymore (hope I'm wrong but when you claim to take a "team inexperienced full of young guys" you'll be wised to take the most talented of them all...

I know this tourney doesn't mean anything but when you lose 11 in a row, you might want to ask the good questions...

Really bad look for the people behind this team, just a bunch of moron

Reactions: Czechboy and Speyer

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Since our game against Latvia in the WC, we have 0 win and 11 games lost.

According to our brillant federation, everything is fine and the dumbass behind the bench will make the olympics in 2026. And Bichsel seems to not have invitation in the team anymore (hope I'm wrong but when you claim to take a "team inexperienced full of young guys" you'll be wised to take the most talented of them all...

I know this tourney doesn't mean anything but when you lose 11 in a row, you might want to ask the good questions...

Really bad look for the people behind this team, just a bunch of moron
I also have no clue how Fischer doesn't even get remotely criticised for his "performance" as NT coach. I am not one to easily turn to conspiracy theories but it seems like he really is friends with all the important editors-in-chief of the Swiss media landscape. Or he has some dirt on them, I don't know...:skeptic::laugh:

Reactions: SwissFan12

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
You cannot expect any miracles with this roster, can you? Look at the D-core. Glauser is a WC-candidate. Fora should not be. Stadler was surprisingly ok, the rest shoud not be near any WC-squad. Same for Fora who just gets worse every year.

And on offence, well, Rochette is an interesting guy. Scherwey is a special player but isn't the Scherwey he was 2-3 years ago. Senteler, Moy, ok.

Now you can talk about selection policy. But the truth is, you cannot select the best players for all 3 tournaments. And especially on D we're pretty thin in Europe. And if we don't ice the best possible teams we're pretty bound to loose.

The much more important discussion than Fischer or the men national team is how to get better at junior level. Because this would solve this discussion.

And Weibel said one thing during intermission which I would agree (this is rare). Better play EHT and loose most of the games than playing France or Denmark or Austria.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad