GDT: 2023-24 season game 34 LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs @7:30pm 1/2/24

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Another night, same movie.

Ho hummin' all the way to game 5 of round 1, collecting checks for uncle phil and planning summer vacations

Gutless f***ing organization from top to bottom. f*** em. I hope they andy murray their way out.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Terrible game to watch live, felt like not much of anything happened, crowd couldn't really get into it and were docile. I will say, the officiating is f***ing HORRIBLE. Like, needs to immediately be addressed as a crisis bad. These f***ing guys can't get any calls correct anymore, they need a review system of some sort, cuz the game is way too fast for a human brain and eye's to call live.
NFL at least has some accountability with their officiating. They actually have a report card system which determines if they make the cut for the playoffs. I would love to see something like that for NHL officiating, because there are far too many games where the officiating is having a too much of a negative effect on games.

dont think so.. went Norstrom, Blake for a year then Brown til they gave it to Kopi
So this is the first time that Kopitar has been the C since Brown retired?!

Reactions: Omni Owl

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I think you’re a little confused my man. Kopitar was given the C starting in 2016-17 while Brown was still on the team, but Kopitar had never been LA’s captain before that. Brown was named captain in 2008-09.

Reactions: bouncesonly

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
So much for PLD taking the Kings to the next level. Mean while the Jets are tearing it up with Vilardi and Iafalo.
As it looks right now, Blake had an over reaction to the King losing to the Oilers in the playoffs 2 years in a row. If ya want to get more detailed, then it was a double over reaction for 1)acquiring PLD and 2)giving him $8.5 million per year long term extension before he even played a game for the Kings!

I think you’re a little confused my man. Kopitar was given the C starting in 2016-17 while Brown was still on the team, but Kopitar had never been LA’s captain before that. Brown was named captain in 2008-09.
Sorry, my bad.

Reactions: kilowatt

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
If Sutter took over this team (which I think would only happen over Kopi and DD dead bodies).. What changes would he make?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
If Sutter took over this team (which I think would only happen over Kopi and DD dead bodies).. What changes would he make?
Nothing good. They'd just try to grind out low scoring wins which they aren't capable of doing. Fiala would get benched for his dumb play. Dubois would get benched for his lazy play. Kopitar would be back to playing 25 minutes a night.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
The only time Kopitar wasn’t the captain after he took over in 2016 was during Brown’s final regular season game in Vancouver where Kopitar did him the honors. Maybe that’s what you’re thinking of?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Kings don’t need sutter. They just need a coach who’s not a spineless bitch. They got the only coach in modern hockey who got reverse swept lol

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Nothing good. They'd just try to grind out low scoring wins which they aren't capable of doing. Fiala would get benched for his dumb play. Dubois would get benched for his lazy play. Kopitar would be back to playing 25 minutes a night.
Nah I dont think so. I think he'd do something we havent thought of... random like Nolan and King. Something like make Dubois first line center w Kempe and Fiala his wings... DD off the PP Clarke PP1.. stuff like that

bland

Jul 1, 2004
They need a Richards, Regehr, Stoll, or especially Greene.
Doughty is the only alpha on the team. No other players are trying to take ownership.

This season has been the perfect encapsulation of Kopitar's famous ethos:

When everyone is good, no one needs to be great.

That's fine when everyone IS good, but when only portions of the team are on their game, someone needs to step up and lead from the front. There is nobody here with that alpha male fire to pull the team up to meet the tone of the game when needed. It's too passive a group, which is why they won't get far in the playoffs.

This period of poor play all started with the first 4-0 win over Montreal. They won some games when they didn't play well, and that's always how a skid starts.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
8 straight without goal from defense. Spence is still goaless in 39 games for being an offensive dman . Into the crest, and high and wide were his two shots tonight. There is zero offense coming from the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad