Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kevin doing Kevin things!

1703880560951.gif

Reactions: Nasti

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Check the wild board for thier opinions on my new favorite kings player. Under general discussion thread.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I feels like we're missing a game breaker up front.

Kempe hasn't been able to do it this year, and neither has Fiala. Byfield isn't there yet.

We've become somewhat dependent on Moore's sniping.

Reactions: yankeeking

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

Kempe hasn't been able to do it this year, and neither has Fiala. Byfield isn't there yet.

We say that now, because he's going......when he stops going, and it will come, we have to hope that Kempe starts, or PLD starts etc,

This is what happens when you don't have all 3 lines (4 lines) firing at the same time, every team goes through it, but most every fan base doesn't commit hari kari over it like these guys

bland

Jul 1, 2004

I think we have some dynamism available down in Ontario that brings the same kind of aggressive attitude as Durzi. Not the same as a forward, but a defenseman that could break an egg with his shot would create a lot more chances around the net for this group of forwards.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The key to beating Vegas is below the dots. They defend rushes and shooting lanes better than anybody in the league.
Helps when you can set the tone early. The Kings havent had a good first period in awhile allowing good teams to get confidence playing their style vs LAK

Reactions: SaltyElkHunter

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They don’t need a gamebreaker. They need sandpaper.

IMO they need both.

Fiala and Kempe SHOULD be the gamebreakers, but they aren't able to because we dont' have any sandpaper clearing the way. Everyone is running laps on a track around the rink.

Edit: and PLD and his salary are supposed to be either the gamebreaker OR the sandpaper but right now he's just the dude that falls down with the puck under light pressure

Last edited:

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Helps when you can set the tone early. The Kings havent had a good first period in awhile allowing good teams to get confidence playing their style vs LAK

Its something about this team, this leadership group, this coach. They tend to settle into games instead of dictating. It has killed them in the last few games of the last two playoff series.

I am not sure that is necessarily a bad thing, since they almost always let teams back into the game in 2nd periods when they have had a dominant 1st. The Kings seem to be at their best in evenly contested games. They have the depth to thrive in those situations.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Pretty wild that a guy can get paid 8.5 million and people are fine with him being mediocre at best.

“We need a game breaker”. Guess we need to find a guy to give 15 million to for that?
Yea he was supposed to be a gamebreaker. Hes been getting better lately but still isnt that player.

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Edit: and PLD and his salary are supposed to be either the gamebreaker OR the sandpaper but right now he's just the dude that falls down with the puck under light pressure
That’s Arty right now too he’s spent more time on his ass lately than he has calling for that bomb!

Pretty wild that a guy can get paid 8.5 million and people are fine with him being mediocre at best.

“We need a game breaker”. Guess we need to find a guy to give 15 million to for that?
I would be happy with a dude making 850k for 3 years doing it

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The PP has dried-up
Scoring from the blue line has dried-up

If only the Kings had an offensive phenom PP QB blueliner in the system...
I continue to believe that the top 4 as currently iced just isn't going to produce enough offense

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The only compliant one could have about Byfield right now is that he's not literally carrying the team when all the expensive players won't

There's a long list of guys here you can pick on first

and that doesn't count him dropping several dudes including Pietrangelo once during play and once after a goal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad