GDT: 2023-24 season game 32 LA kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 12/28/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
GCc8bPMawAA5Pff

Los Angeles Kings(20-7-4, 44pts, 3rd in Pacific) vs Vegas Golden Knights (21-10-5 47pts, 2nd in Pacific)
T-Mobile Arena | Las Vegas, NV
TIME: 7:00pm PT | TV: Bally Sports West RADIO: I Heart Radio App

Regular Season Stats
T0fOJrf.png

*Lines subject to change*
**The website I use to get these doesn't have all of our players yet**

:kings

QnDSxkh.png

eqUgIf2.png

Soo3wDl.png

G2QFRQ4.png

Scratched: Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Tobias Bjornfot, Jacob Moverare
Covid: N/A
Injured: Viktor Arvidsson, Pheonix Copley

:vegas

ttBfxAw.png

ryhZzdY.png

Covid: N/A

Full credit to NHL HUT Builder and Database for EA Sports Hockey Ultimate Team for supplying the HUT Cards
Full Credit to NHL Starting Goalies, Lines, News, Fantasy Tools - Daily Faceoff for the opposing lines

R.I.P
Jfont (Jesus Fontamillas)
HF member 2002-2022​

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
My main motivation for wanting LA to win this game isn't record or standings etc. It's just not wanting this place to become toxic and insufferable, which is exactly what happens after a single loss.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My main motivation for wanting LA to win this game isn't record or standings etc. It's just not wanting this place to become toxic and insufferable, which is exactly what happens after a single loss.

I mean we have two measuring stick games coming up so theyr'e sort of important. Lately we've beaten up a bunch of lottery teams and got slaughtered by a bunch of playoff teams. How they play vs VGK and EDM matters a lot more than pinata-ing the San Jose Barracuda.

They beat Colorado on a 'scheduled loss' night for them but other than that game--25 days ago--you have to go back a month and a half to find a win over a playoff team.

Reactions: KINGS17

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Hope the boys got their b12 and apla brain for this one. Let’s f***ing go!

No more shitty 1st periods

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
One win does not equal a full remediation of the toxicity.

This franchise has not won a playoff series in 10 years and has won a total of six playoff games since 2014. The natives are restless.

My main motivation for wanting LA to win this game is I hate the Vegas team and its fanbase from an irrational fan point of view. It's one of the only fan hate things I've still got going on in my life as I mellow out with old age.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I mean we have two measuring stick games coming up so theyr'e sort of important. Lately we've beaten up a bunch of lottery teams and got slaughtered by a bunch of playoff teams. How they play vs VGK and EDM matters a lot more than pinata-ing the San Jose Barracuda.

They beat Colorado on a 'scheduled loss' night for them but other than that game--25 days ago--you have to go back a month and a half to find a win over a playoff team.
I'm sure if they lose tonight you'll be ready to dish out the venom :)

But a win or a loss wouldn't really mean that much.

The Kings haven't played great lately and neither has Vegas. Such is the nature of an 82 game season.

Reactions: Shellz

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Edmonton is not a playoff team. :naughty:

Reactions: Kudelski37

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

But a win or a loss wouldn't really mean that much.

The Kings haven't played great lately and neither has Vegas. Such is the nature of an 82 game season.
1 point back vs 5 points back matters dude. Games in hand aren’t worth shit if you don’t win them.

Reactions: chris kontos

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

But a win or a loss wouldn't really mean that much. (in the standings)

added in bold

regular season is a trial run for the playoffs for this team imo. I'd be lying if I said I didn't care where they ended up in the standings, but it's much more important to me how they play against contending teams--and so far, that's been a resounding wet fart.

I agree that VGK has been stumbling lately too so maybe shouldn't read too much into anything right this moment but still, a steady stream of losses to playoff teams isnt encouraging.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

This franchise has not won a playoff series in 10 years and has won a total of six playoff games since 2014. The natives are restless.

My main motivation for wanting LA to win this game is I hate the Vegas team and its fanbase from an irrational fan point of view. It's one of the only fan hate things I've still got going on in my life as I mellow out with old age.
That's really it. Personally I am not upset about the losses or excited about the wins this year. Like, at all. I just care about seeing the kind of improvements that will resonate in a playoff series because that is the only progress that matters.

Vancouver and Edmonton are the only teams in the league whose suffering I enjoy, but that's hardened Smythe residue from childhood.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
That's really it. Personally I am not upset about the losses or excited about the wins this year. Like, at all. I just care about seeing the kind of improvements that will resonate in a playoff series because that is the only progress that matters.

Vancouver and Edmonton are the only teams in the league whose suffering I enjoy, but that's hardened Smythe residue from childhood.

9-9 against playoff teams.... but since playoff teams flucutate , tomorrow that could be 13-8, or 0-25,

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
After what happened to arty last nite, i'll be happy if we hold our own physically. The lack of response from guys on our team that should have done it really bugs me.
Lets beat thier asses AND win

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Amen. The Kings organization has done nothing for a long time. They don’t deserve any kind of blind optimism. And f*** the Knights fan base.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I can't say I'm not at all, but I'm definitely keeping a closer eye on the process than the outcome.

Kings need to show they can win a close game with a rival. Almost every game is a blowout win or loss.

5-2L to the jets
4-1L to the rangers
blown lead and 3-2L to the isles
Tight 2-1 playbook-style loss to the caps

and then the stupidly tight games we played with Seattle because they followed the above playbook

Those have me worried in the playoffs because it looks like we'll either get totally blown up by a superior opponent playing us straight up or shut down and pushed around to the outside by a 'lesser' opponent playing not-to-lose. I need to see adjustments as almost all of our Ls fall into the above buckets. These games are important for that.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Same. What id like to see is when things arent working and the other team is dictating play like recently vs Caps and Wpg.. that they adjust and start playing a checking game and look for some big hits to change the momentum.. even if thats not how the team is constructed. In the playoffs things flip on you and what worked in game x doesnt work in game x + 1... you need to practice changing gears during reg season to have that in your toolbox.

Last edited:
Reactions: bland

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Vegas got to where they are through questionable means and salary cap manipulation. Im still pissed that doughty got suspended for a game in the playoffs and vegas head shotted kopi and got nothing.
Id love to see us kick thier asses.
However, its april, may and june that matter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad