GDT: 2023-24 season game 32 LA kings vs Vegas Golden Knights @7:00pm 12/28/23

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I’ll have you know I’ve been Byfield’s #1 biggest fan during the games he scores multiple points.
Cheap joke on my part.

I just think there are bigger concerns which require more immediate attention. Like Fiala doing the same dangerours no-look spin-around pass that he always tries. Or the powerplay failing to get pucks through. Kempe also starting to disappear.

Byfield needs to get better, but I think his start and overall play should show his capacity to improve.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Cheap joke on my part.

I just think there are bigger concerns which require more immediate attention. Like Fiala doing the same dangerours no-look spin-around pass that he always tries. Or the powerplay failing to get pucks through. Kempe also starting to disappear.

Byfield needs to get better, but I think his start and overall play should show his capacity to improve.

It was just a joke. Obviously Byfield is the last of this team’s problems.

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Moore’s shot was great, but Byfield punking Pietrangelo after the goal was probably the highlight of the night.

yeah, it happened so fast the camera missed it. Probably still pissed from the ugly rib shot he took on the pp before it. If it wasn't for the pp, it 2 mins crosscheck on Petro, but they let it go.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Kings need to avoid Vegas, Edmonton, Winnipeg… Etc if you’re gonna win you don’t avoid anyone you run over em. Same reason we can’t win against them in games. This team wants to tip toe around all the dirty hockey!

They can beat all of them and have this year, except the Oilers who've they've yet to play. The Oilers aren't some big scary team everyone fear because they have McDavid and cry baby Leon anymore. They've been average at best, their record reflects it too.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think we have some dynamism available down in Ontario that brings the same kind of aggressive attitude as Durzi. Not the same as a forward, but a defenseman that could break an egg with his shot would create a lot more chances around the net for this group of forwards.

We really have no threat on the pp from the point with Doughty and Spence. Both guys love getting shots block or missing high and wide. You'd think by now Spence would have at least 1 goal on the pp. He has a very underwelming 2 whole points [ assists ] on the pp in 31 games. Matt Roy could put up better numbers.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
We really have no threat on the pp from the point with Doughty and Spence. Both guys love getting shots block or missing high and wide. You'd think by now Spence would have at least 1 goal on the pp. He has a very underwelming 2 whole points [ assists ] on the pp in 31 games. Matt Roy could put up better numbers.

Sure.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm actually a little surprised Spence doesn't have more points from osmosis, he really whips the puck around and is deceptive.

his shot selection leaves a lot to be desired. It's a bomb but everyone in the building sees it coming. He'll benefit from sending some thru quickly. But it's still part of the learning curve with him at least, gotta give the kid SOME rope, even though he's a quick learner.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I agree with Nasti, kings don’t need a gamebreaker. They need someone to lead them and give them a war cry. They’re missing that edge that you can only get from more sandpaper

I wish they would learn the brent burns method of launching it at the net before the d can set up
It’s kinda weird how they haven’t figured out that the longer they hold onto the puck the more it gets blocked

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
I agree with Nasti, kings don’t need a gamebreaker. They need someone to lead them and give them a war cry. They’re missing that edge that you can only get from more sandpaper

It’s kinda weird how they haven’t figured out that the longer they hold onto the puck the more it gets blocked
It's weird that after 15+ years doughty and kopitar haven't learned that if you don't move the puck on the PP, the defense also doesn't move.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Am I the only one who thought they were movign the puck very well on the PP last game?

It didn't translate into production but it looked more disruptive, and have to credit vegas for killing the lanes

obviously the end result matters more than style points but i thought that was a step in the right direction

though i guess overall they tend to fall back into the same ol patterns so i'm maybe just waxing poetic

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Imo power play one consists of passing practice. And it has FOR YEARS.
I mean snappin the puck around looks cool and all but ya cant pass it into the net
Power play 2 will at least shoot the puck

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Yes, a certain class of sports talk radio level bozos believe the captain must be an eternal fount of sandpaper and that even though there are 22 other roster spots to fill with sandpaper only the captain's sandpaperiness matters.
There were also other topics in that sentence.
Something along the lines of game breaker and taking over a game when it matters like a war cry and leading by example

Esteban Tornado

Mar 28, 2014
Las Vegas
Vegas got to where they are through questionable means and salary cap manipulation. Im still pissed that doughty got suspended for a game in the playoffs and vegas head shotted kopi and got nothing.
Id love to see us kick thier asses.
However, its april, may and june that matter
Vegas was gifted a good team. Better than any other expansion team ever. They are still riding off that. Even Wayne Gretzky said so.

Reactions: chris kontos

Brownie to Pancakes

Jul 1, 2012
CA
There were also other topics in that sentence.
Something along the lines of game breaker and taking over a game when it matters like a war cry and leading by example
This is also true. All the best captains "war cry" really loud and that enables them to take over the game by sheer will. That's why teams with sandpapery captains go 82-0 each year. Furthermore, only captains are allowed to do it; if a different player does a war cry he is demoted to the ECHL.

Reactions: King'sPawn

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
The cup teams were filled to the brim with leaders who had balls... Richards, JW, Greene, Stoll, Quick, Mitchell, Scuderi, Martinez .. i wouldnt put DD or Kopi in the top 5 of leaders on those teams. This team doesnt have anything like that. Kopi is fine as captain if you have other guys in the room that round it out. Brown wasnt vocal, but he hit the shit out of people. Kopi doesnt have either.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Trying to imagine what Kopitar’s war cry would sound like.
1703994802976.png

Reactions: Maynard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad