2023-24 Roster Thread #9: Spring time is upon us

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
If Torts wants to move up, I highly doubt they are going to pay him $4M per year for two more years as ex-head coach acting as an advisor, AGM, or Director of Player Harassment.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Jones and Briere are making that much or more. I could see them renegotiating that the final $8M on Tort's contract to extend it to 4 years at $2M or something like that.

Coaches can make more than the highest paid GMs. Holland makes $5M/yr, Dubas something approaching $6M. Can't find much more online on actual salaries. Quenneville's last contract was $6Mper, Babcock agreed to $4M/yr at CBJ but never started. AV got $5M x 5, Torts got $4M x 4.
The Flyers paying that blowhard AV 5x5 is still hilarious to me. It was a gross overpayment at the time and has only looked worse since.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
The Flyers paying that blowhard AV 5x5 is still hilarious to me. It was a gross overpayment at the time and has only looked worse since.
At least AV finally goes off the books after this year, AAV, so perhaps there will be more appetite to kick JT upstairs and hire a development coach. Unfortunately, these assclowns will probably hire Lappy so it really won't be better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If Torts wants to move up, I highly doubt they are going to pay him $4M per year for two more years as ex-head coach acting as an advisor, AGM, or Director of Player Harassment.

I'm not sure, but I don't think Jones and Briere are making that much or more. I could see them renegotiating that the final $8M on Tort's contract to extend it to 4 years at $2M or something like that.

Coaches can make more than the highest paid GMs. Holland makes $5M/yr, Dubas something approaching $6M. Can't find much more online on actual salaries. Quenneville's last contract was $6Mper, Babcock agreed to $4M/yr at CBJ but never started. AV got $5M x 5, Torts got $4M x 4.

But how many of those coachs are also "Spiritual Leaders?"

• Haha
Reactions: BiggE

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can't see Hilferty playing hardball with Torts over anything.

That’s pretty much where I’m at. We’re all speculating but I don’t think it’s crazy to infer that Tortorella has a lot of leverage over Hilferty. If he transitions into a front office role he’s probably going to make out really well whatever that is.

BlackandOrange

Jul 12, 2018
Breadalbane, PE
"Early on, we were asking a lot of him. He was playing on the powerplay. He was facing all the top lines. He was first on the penalty kill. Sean was really beat up, too. If you remember, you go back to earlier in the season, Sean was missing some practices here and there," Briere explained. "It wasn't just to recuperate from playing 22 minutes [a game], he was really banged up. I think at one point, he had five different injuries that he was dealing with, and he was still playing."

Good gravy the Wayne Train special served up by Sean Couturier. Playing through multiple injuries while their game and body breaks down.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
"Early on, we were asking a lot of him. He was playing on the powerplay. He was facing all the top lines. He was first on the penalty kill. Sean was really beat up, too. If you remember, you go back to earlier in the season, Sean was missing some practices here and there," Briere explained. "It wasn't just to recuperate from playing 22 minutes [a game], he was really banged up. I think at one point, he had five different injuries that he was dealing with, and he was still playing."

Good gravy the Wayne Train special served up by Sean Couturier. Playing through multiple injuries while their game and body breaks down.
"rub sum dirt in it"

signed Flyers elite medical team

never change Flyers...

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Why does anyone object to me questioning their handling of player health. They do this over and over again. No wonder he is pissed off. He gave his all and this is the reward

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
At least AV finally goes off the books after this year, AAV, so perhaps there will be more appetite to kick JT upstairs and hire a development coach. Unfortunately, these assclowns will probably hire Lappy so it really won't be better.

I would put money on the next coach being Berube.

Reactions: Larry44

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Worst medical team in the country by a wide margin.

It also comes from the flyers "be a f***ing flyer" crap. This fanbase loves to revere anyone playing through pain, the blue collar approach.
Really puts in perspective Giroux's durability. And it's not like he was fully healthy during his tenure eitht. Other than Provorov I think only Schenn was impervious to injuries in our recent history.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Really puts in perspective Giroux's durability. And it's not like he was fully healthy during his tenure eitht. Other than Provorov I think only Schenn was impervious to injuries in our recent history.
Sanheim has only missed 5 games since becoming a regular. Two were from Covid rules, and one was his healthy scratch in Calgary.

Reactions: BiggE

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Sanheim has only missed 5 games since becoming a regular. Two were from Covid rules, and one was his healthy scratch in Calgary.

He has actually never missed an NHL game due to injury...

18/12/2023: Illness
20/03/2023: Healthy scratch
08/01/2022: COVID protocol
10/01/2022: COVID protocol
07/02/2021: COVID protocol

and only ever missed 4 AHL games as well... in the Checkers series in 2018 where took a knee-on-knee.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad