Proposal: 2023-24 Roster Talk 2

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So is the thought 8 years? It's a big aggressive when you can go 4 and then extend, for a guy unlikely to ever be a top powerplay guy and hence become a bit of an issue cap wise if he costs too much. At the same time, it's fun to see the makings of a core come together.. hmm

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So is the thought 8 years? It's a big aggressive when you can go 4 and then extend, for a guy unlikely to ever be a top powerplay guy and hence become a bit of an issue cap wise if he costs too much. At the same time, it's fun to see the makings of a core come together.. hmm
I'd lock Vlasic up for eight but he'd be foolish to agree.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'd be fine seeing if he'd bite on like an 8x6m or 8x7m contract. I think he's worth every penny of either of those contracts as the player he currently is. If he steps it up on the offensive side of things, you got a true elite #1 at a hell of a contract for the next 8 years.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Vlasic at #2 on this list. Ridiculous for essentially a rookie. Pay this man his goddamn money

Non paywalled link
Odd, they only list Brock Faber in the "just missed the cut" section....

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Odd, they only list Brock Faber in the "just missed the cut" section....
iu

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
in a shocker Collin graf to SJ. Powers mentioned once we were not in the market for UDFA's I guess with so many picks tough to get slaggety Greene ETC to sign if we are also going after UDFA's. SJ has not even hit rock bottom yet. probably next year. We hit it the first 1/2 of this year.

There's no way in hell that dumpster fire of a team doesn't finish dead last. I didn't realize that the Hawks had moved so far ahead of them.

This season can't end soon enough ffs.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Both Bouchard and Dobson having massive seasons. Wonder if Hawks had picked either rather than Boqvist if Jones trade would of even happened. Suspect it would have as Bowman's last desperate move.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I have no way to prove it but if you drafted Dobson or Bouchard they would’ve been ruined just like Boqvist. The team was in a bad way.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
With Del Mastro's appearance last night, in terms of age (min 1 game) of Defensemen, the Hawks have iced the

1st (Korchinski)
10th (Del Mastro)
16th (Kaiser)
29th (Phillips)
37th (Vlasic)
39th (Crevier)

youngest DMen to appear in an NHL game this season. Once Lane Hutson appears, that'll push everyone besides Korchinski down a spot. Not sure about anyone else getting a late callup but certainly possible as well

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think the guy to bring (back) to Chicago in free agency is Anthony Duclair.

He's got the speed that Kyle likes, I think the contract should be reasonable, and he could slot in our top 6.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I believe that Bedard, Kurashev, Dickinson, Jones, Vlasic, and Mrazek played well this season.

Foligno, Anderson, Donato, Blackwell and Zaitsev were “ok”

Everyone else ranged from pretty bad to awful to incomplete.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I believe that Bedard, Kurashev, Dickinson, Jones, Vlasic, and Mrazek played well this season.

Foligno, Anderson, Donato, Blackwell and Zaitsev were “ok”

Everyone else ranged from pretty bad to awful to incomplete.

Foligino was good this year. Anderson and Blackwell were good too, for what they are. Zaitsev was trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad