Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I don't think either decided to retire because of their game. Hell Bergy won his 6th Selke last year and it was pretty much written on the wall that Krejci was coming back for one more year.
Dosent have to be either or- just strikes me as a little off to compare guys in their apparent prime to guys who were the end of their line.

And FWIW Zacha's numbers this year aren't all that different from last, but it's good to see him filling a new role.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Zacha and Coyle ?

Together, Coyle (career-high 23 goals) and Zacha (17) will enter Tuesday night’s game vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on his résumé, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable.

As you point out, Coyle has put up a career high in goals.....he's also put up a career high in points and shooting%. So the question becomes which Coyle are you going to get next season? Is the new norm for Coyle going to be 25+ goals and 60+ points or is he going to be more like he was the previous two years which was around 15 goals and 45 points. If its the latter, that's not going to be good enough for the top 6.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Dosent have to be either or- just strikes me as a little off to compare guys in their apparent prime to guys who were the end of their line.

And FWIW Zacha's numbers this year aren't all that different from last, but it's good to see him filling a new role.
Those two were freak of natures like a fine wine as they both seem to get better with time. I certainly wouldn't say Bergeron played like he was at the end of the line or Krejci for that matter. More so they both just made a decision to leave on their own terms before they actually got to that point.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The problem is what we have to give up to get them.
If I am Ottawa, I start with Swayman / Lohrei and Lysell.
I have always been in favor of moving Ullmark over Swayman, but to be honest I think Chykrun and Pinto would be a hugr plus for this team, and I Zadorov is being talked about and he would look good in a Bruins jersey ,but not at the contract he good be looking for. Fans want some nasty and I agree but I think they can get that cheaper than Zadorov. Pinto would be a real plus here.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
As you point out, Coyle has put up a career high in goals.....he's also put up a career high in points and shooting%. So the question becomes which Coyle are you going to get next season? Is the new norm for Coyle going to be 25+ goals and 60+ points or is he going to be more like he was the previous two years which was around 15 goals and 45 points. If its the latter, that's not going to be good enough for the top 6.
They've exceeded expectations this year, at least mine. Now hopefully this off season Sweeney able to bring in more help at the position.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
I have always been in favor of moving Ullmark over Swayman, but to be honest I think Chykrun and Pinto would be a hugr plus for this team, and I Zadorov is being talked about and he would look good in a Bruins jersey ,but not at the contract he good be looking for. Fans want some nasty and I agree but I think they can get that cheaper than Zadorov. Pinto would be a real plus here.
Have you watched much of Pinto?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
With the Hanifin extension, I wonder if Vegas will have the room to resign Marchessault. He's 34 but he doesn't have a lot of wear on the tires ( less than 700 games ). Put up a 40 goal season, last year was the Conn Smythe winner. If the Bruins picked him up to replace DeBrusk on the 2nd line, it would be huge for next year's chances.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
With the Hanifin extension, I wonder if Vegas will have the room to resign Marchessault. He's 34 but he doesn't have a lot of wear on the tires ( less than 700 games ). Put up a 40 goal season, last year was the Conn Smythe winner. If the Bruins picked him up to replace DeBrusk on the 2nd line, it would be huge for next year's chances.

Too small, too soft.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Zacha and Coyle ?

Together, Coyle (career-high 23 goals) and Zacha (17) will enter Tuesday night’s game vs. the Senators with 100 points through 69 games. They are on a pace to deliver a combined 119 points. Bergeron (58) and Krejci (56), each with 1,000-plus games on his résumé, drove the boat last season with a combined 114 points. The Coyle-Zacha ascendancy to the top two center spots has been truly remarkable.
Those guys are not top centres and you see it on that struggling powerpay, but hey hats off to them on good seasons but again they are not top centres in my sence of the meaning

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
We have around 21.5 M of cap space next year.
Assuming Potsy is on the team and Beecher, Lauko and Boquist returns and gets a moderate increase to 1.1M.
We need to sign Swayze, say 5M to keep him happy?
Heinen, if we want him should get around 2 - 2.5M?
We are left with around 14M and still need to replace JDB a defenceman and an upgrade on Center.
Assume a decent defenceman will cost us 3-4M and replace JDB for 4M, that leaves 6M.
It is obvious that one of Swayze / Ullmark has to go next year in order to get an upgrade at Center.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Assuming Potsy is on the team and Beecher, Lauko and Boquist returns and gets a moderate increase to 1.1M.
We are left with around 14M and still need to replace JDB a defenceman and an upgrade on Center.
Assume a decent defenceman will cost us 3-4M and replace JDB for 4M, that leaves 6M.
It is obvious that one of Swayze / Ullmark has to go next year in order to get an upgrade at Center.
Not obvious to me. Your numbers here make little sense.

I proposed a roster earlier that included a signed Swayman at $7M/yr with Ullmark, full lines that make sense (on paper), and $12M leftover for upgrades.

Personally I don't believe there is an obvious single solution. I think it depends entirely on direction.

Reactions: Lord Ahriman

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Listening to Felger & Mazz and callers trash Swayman about complaining about going to arbitration and being in ‘awe of Svetchnikov Michigan goal is disgusting’

Sway - get your ass out of here lol

Go to LA

Ullmark wants to live here and apparently can handle to crapping on by Twitter, sports radio and other social media

I’m not sure Swayman can handle the hate coming his way

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Curious to see who others would like as a LHD option for next year on the open market assuming you don’t like Zadorov and Skjei prices himself out

Nothing much really out there

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The Bruins should be talking to Ottawa about Chychrun and Pinto, both young players do not carry big contracts at the time, move your your prospects if needed.

If they weren't in-division, I think they'd already have one of our goalies.Because they're in division, I'm gonna guess Sweenius won't try to fix this problem for them.

Fwiw Chychrun seems sulky and trashy everywhere he goes. He only has one year left on that "good" deal too before he's gonna go hunt for a fat raise. So I'm totally over him.

Pinto would have made sense before the Sens forward depth got depleted by injury, scandal, and trades. Pinto isn't going anywhere now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am fine with center group - spend 0.0 there

A decent defensemen making 3-4 M will cause this place to explode if it’s a $4 M third pair and should be all set in top 4

Lindholm- Mac
Lohrei - Carlo
Xxxxx- Perke

Where and who he playing over ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad