Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion IVX-post TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Can’t blame this team for not being the most motivated after last years regular season. I believe they will be the total opposite of last year come playoffs. Buckle up we are in for a long ride this year. As a fan I have absolutely nothing to complain about this year.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
He turned 20 a couple weeks ago, basically has one foot in the grave

Lmao. Turning 34 in a few weeks and definitely hate it in some ways, but kinda crazy to me looking back how we talk about hockey players, 34 is ancient and I certainly don’t feel ancient. The game certainly puts miles on your body compared to an average life, but I don’t think it’s any surprise why players are playing and playing well past 35 now. Diet and medical advancements are huge

He turned 20 a couple weeks ago, basically has one foot in the grave

Lmao. Turning 34 in a few weeks and definitely hate it in some ways, but kinda crazy to me looking back how we talk about hockey players, 34 is ancient and I certainly don’t feel ancient. The game certainly puts miles on your body compared to an average life, but I don’t think it’s any surprise why players are playing and playing well past 35 now. Diet and medical advancements are huge

Reactions: Mione134

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Thanks @DominicT !

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Much as I like the grit and energy he brings he is the likely player to sit if/ when Maroon is ready
I just still have my concerns that a guy coming off back surgery will be effective , but I don't mind the move by Sweeny . I understand the why everyone wants Lauko out, but I to love what he brings in energy and grit, good playoff qualities, My biggest concern is why Heinen is playing first line minutes with Zacka and Pasta.........

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I just still have my concerns that a guy coming off back surgery will be effective , but I don't mind the move by Sweeny . I understand the why everyone wants Lauko out, but I to love what he brings in energy and grit, good playoff qualities, My biggest concern is why Heinen is playing first line minutes with Zacka and Pasta.........

Lauko just nukes the offence on the 3rd line. Brazeau on that line would see them really be a threat to score every time they're out there. Heavy line that can find the back of the net.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I think Lauko’s biggest issue is consistency. Guys in his position need to bring it every night to stay in the lineup. If he’s not providing that energy and grit, he’s a basically a negative out there.

Disagree on Heinen, think he’s been a fine compliment to that line.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I think Lauko’s biggest issue is consistency. Guys in his position need to bring it every night to stay in the lineup. If he’s not providing that energy and grit, he’s a basically a negative out there.

Disagree on Heinen, think he’s been a fine compliment to that line.

8 pts and TWO goals in 53 games is my biggest issue

Brazeau already has 7 pts for anyone keeping score :laugh:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Lauko just nukes the offence on the 3rd line. Brazeau on that line would see them really be a threat to score every time they're out there. Heavy line that can find the back of the net.
Then put Lauko on the 4th line, or take him out, but I still feel he might be more of a plus come playoffs. I think Marchand or DeBrusk should be with Zacka/Pasta, and one of them with Coyle and try Brazeau with them, your third line could be Freddy, Beecher, and Geekie , pretty good size line and I think we might enjoy seeing them out there together. If it will make you happy, take Lauko out and put Heinen with Boqvist, and hopefully Maroon.........

Reactions: Gordoff

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
If he is not effective , he sits

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I think Lauko in theory is much better then what he actually is. Cause when I watch him I don't see a guy bringing grit and energy, I see a guy that just kinda floats most of the time.

Also whatever issues you may have with heinen individually, the reality is that the heinen-zacha-pasta line just flat out works. As of right now when those three are together they are scoring more efficiently then McDavid's line is. That's crazy, that line should not be touched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad