2023-24 NCAA, CHL, OHL and European prospects thread

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Because I go the extra mile, I listened to a podcast to that had Shlaine on.

He said the Devils offered him a one-way AHL contract, and he turned it down, and he’s going back to try to earn an ELC next year.

Hurtig also transferred:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
First game will be going to OT, DU will start with about a minute of PP. Second game will start about an hour after the first one wraps up.

Turned this on with OT still going on.

Everytime they say Rizzo, I think of:

IMG_6212.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Bad Goalie

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
BC leads the Wolverines 3-0 with 6 minutes left in the 2nd. Just scored 2 goals in :46 seconds.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Barring a minor miracle Michigan will be eliminated after the 3rd.

Casey playing after a recent injury my not be 100%. Doesn't look it anyways.

He and Edwards may be asked by NJ to make a signing decision.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Thursday Prospect Report

Boston College defeated Michigan 4 to 0 and are off to the Frozen Four Finals on Saturday.

Seamus Casey was a -2 with 1 shot on goal.
Ethan Edwards was a -1 with 3 shots on goal.

Disappointingly Charlie Leddy did not play for BC in this game.

Cam Squires & Josh Filmon will both be back in action tomorrow as the next round of the playoffs begins for the QMJHL/WHL.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any word on if any of the four drafted Devils' defensemen from the Frozen Four will be signing either with the Devils or Utica? If he doesn't sign an NHL ELC anywhere, wouldn't mind seeing BU's Case McCarthy getting a shot with the Comets. Don't see many players in the Devils organization that were +35 over the past two seasons.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
We were all really high on Case McCarthy until we ended up with an embarrassment of riches on defense. I'd still like to sign him and put him in Utica, but he may try somewhere else. We do NOT hold his rights though, they expired last August.
I hope he considers the Devils. I think it’d be a pretty good situation for him. There are no RHD prospects in the AHL. Casey is the only other guy, and he hasn’t signed. Even if he does, he profiles very differently than McCarthy.

IMO, the Devils offer a pretty good development path the NHL for McCarthy.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I hope he considers the Devils. I think it’d be a pretty good situation for him. There are no RHD prospects in the AHL. Casey is the only other guy, and he hasn’t signed. Even if he does, he profiles very differently than McCarthy.

IMO, the Devils offer a pretty good development path the NHL for McCarthy.

Agreed. I haven't heard anything, and we do have contract spots.

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Saturday Propesct Recap

Josh Filmon had 1 even strength goal , was a +1 with 2 shots in goal & went 0/1 in the faceoff dot. The Broncos lost 7 to 2 and the series is now even at 1 game a piece.

Cam Squires scores the lone goal of the game at even strength to lead the Eagles to a 1 to 0 win. He was also a +1 with 1 shot on goal & 2 PIM. The Eagles now lead the series 2 games to 0.

Charlie Leddy had a stat line of all 0's across the board in Boston College's 2 to 0 loss against Denver in the Frozen Four Finals.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
We were all really high on Case McCarthy until we ended up with an embarrassment of riches on defense. I'd still like to sign him and put him in Utica, but he may try somewhere else. We do NOT hold his rights though, they expired last August.

Agree on the embarrassment part. Not sure I would call it riches.

While he may not be NHL-ready (nor ever reach that level) he is the type of defender that is sorely lacking in the Devils organization - defensemen who defend.

Reactions: forceten

PizzaAndPucks

Nov 29, 2018
Wednesday Prospect Recap

Josh Filmon was a -4 with 4 shots on goal in the Broncos 5 to 2 loss. The Warriors now lead the series 3 games to 1.

Cam Squires earned 2nd Star of the Game honors in the Eagles 8 to 5 win to sweep the series against Chicoutimi. He had 2 even strength goals, 1 primary powerplay assist & 2 secondary even strength assists. He was a +5 with 4 shots on goal as well. He has been on fire these playoffs !

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad