Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Have to say i am very impress at how they handle that 3 in 3 this weekend, specially that Reiny was able to play those 3 games at this level of competition.

The kid just got here on tuesday, couple of practice with the club than bang 3 in 3 lol, kudos to coach Houle who were'nt afraid to use him 3 in 3.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Have to say i am very impress at how they handle that 3 in 3 this weekend, specially that Reiny was able to play those 3 games at this level of competition.

The kid just got here on tuesday, couple of practice with the club than bang 3 in 3 lol, kudos to coach Houle who were'nt afraid to use him 3 in 3.
Ahl is a pretty good league. This is impressive to see a 19 yeard old guy playing like this already…. He is gonna be a 1st pairing D in the NHL for a long stretch and we won’t be think about that position for a long time. I remember when Markov was playing. We never thougght we had to acquire a 1st LD during his whole career.

Reactions: Andrei79

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I listened to Anthony Marcotte on the Sick Podcast last night. That guy is awesome and offered alot of good insight on several Habs prospects.

Ahl is a pretty good league. This is impressive to see a 19 yeard old guy playing like this already…. He is gonna be a 1st pairing D in the NHL for a long stretch and we won’t be think about that position for a long time. I remember when Markov was playing. We never thougght we had to acquire a 1st LD during his whole career.
I have no doubts that Reinbacher is 100% top pairing potential. The key word is potential and I hope he isn't rushed

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Is it wrong I’m having flashbacks of 2007 Bulldogs playoff run to Calder a cup w 19-yr old Carey Price in nets being named MVP and thinking…. what if it’s Orville Redenbacher’s turn?

1711474305365.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It’d be nice if Belleville and Toronto got those games in hand out of the way though. Somehow Laval keeps playing more games.

If Laval continues to win, then those games in hand might not matter because Laval would be ahead enough that even if Marlies and Sens win their games in hand, it won't affect the standings.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It’d be nice if Belleville and Toronto got those games in hand out of the way though. Somehow Laval keeps playing more games.

At least Belleville is no longer in control, so even if they win their game in hand, they tie and Laval has the tiebreaker. In fact, they have the tiebreaker over anyone but Syracuse, so as long as Laval ties for 5th with whoever (without losing the tiebreaker edge), they will make the POs.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
The marlies are a point up with 2 in hand. Even Belleville could be iffy. They have a game in hand and are 2 points back. There could be a tie in that instance. Even winning all remaining games doesn’t guarantee a spot

Edit: I didn’t know Laval had the tiebreaker over Belleville. Still going to be some tough hockey to finish the season. Really sucks with no Simmoneau, Davidson or Roy. Perrault and Durandeau have not picked up the slack at all.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The marlies are a point up with 2 in hand. Even Belleville could be iffy. They have a game in hand and are 2 points back. There could be a tie in that instance. Even winning all remaining games doesn’t guarantee a spot

Laval have 3 regulation wins over Belleville and Toronto, 6 vs Rochester. They all have to finish ahead as Laval owns the tiebreaker.

Reactions: schwang26

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I wish they’d find a way to play games outside the conference. It’d be more exciting to see other teams. I know there’s a cost of course. They should give teams the option to do that somehow.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021

Edit: I didn’t know Laval had the tiebreaker over Belleville. Still going to be some tough hockey to finish the season. Really sucks with no Simmoneau, Davidson or Roy. Perrault and Durandeau have not picked up the slack at all.
Winning all remaining games means that Belleville loses 4 of their games and totally would put Laval in playoffs, even before thinking of tie breaker.

Ofc, Laval won't win all remaining games, but they need to play their best hockey against Belleville. Those are the must win games. This 3 in 3 weekend was hella impressive in that regard.

Reactions: schwang26

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
3rd worst scenario happened tonight:
Laval lost in regulation
Syracuse won in regulation
Toronto won in OT

More pressure for Friday as Belleville is back in control of their destiny, but Laval still has the tiebreaker edge.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
3rd worst scenario happened tonight:
Laval lost in regulation
Syracuse won in regulation
Toronto won in OT

More pressure for Friday as Belleville is back in control of their destiny, but Laval still has the tiebreaker edge.

if you go by win % we are .001 % behind the Sens.

7 of their remaining 8 games are all going to be tough, Sens 4 times, Crunch and Monsters twice, the only good news is they play only 2 games a week for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Rapala

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Upcoming Games:

Mar. 30: vs Belleville

Apr. 05 vs. Syracuse Crunch

Apr 06 vs vs. Springfield Thunderbirds

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
If they manage to win tonight's game, they will be comfortably in the driver's seat to make the playoffs.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
if you go by win % we are .001 % behind the Sens.

7 of their remaining 8 games are all going to be tough, Sens 4 times, Crunch and Monsters twice, the only good news is they play only 2 games a week for the rest of the season.
Yeah that 6 in 9 was brutal it's hard to see that team doing much better. Dobes probably stole them 4 points minimum.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad