Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Anyone know the timeline on Roy injury, is there a possibilities i'll be back this week

4 to 6 weeks from March 21st. Not impossible he can play the final weekend or could be back for the playoffs if Laval makes it. Haven't seen recent updates though.

Reactions: teamfirst

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
4 to 6 weeks from March 21st. Not impossible he can play the final weekend or could be back for the playoffs if Laval makes it. Haven't seen recent updates though.

Thanks for that, it would be 4 weeks this week end so very unlikely

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It is crazy that only 2 teams in the AHL have scored more goals then Laval so far (they always seemed to have the most games played so teams still have to catch up their gms played) but the special teams haven't been very special as the PP has dropped to 18th OA and the PK is 28th or so OA.

So the offense clearly not been the main problem this year but it's also struggled badly these last several weeks or longer as the PP just has not looked good. Losing Gignac who up until his call up may have been our MVP this season and Simoneau, plus Roy who was clearly having a very solid rookie year and now adding Stevens onto the pile certainly doesn't help.

I wish they would have mixed up the lines more, I think they should have had Farrell on the top line since the offense has so much trouble moving the puck and he's one of the few players that consistently creates things out there with his passes.

Kidney looks so overmatched physically that I would have sent him to 3R long ago to be on their top line but the issue isn't TOI now it's just a total lack of strength.

After being one of our best players last year, Condotta has struggled to produce this year but he's still a good guy to have on the 4th line for next season.

I also would have released Norlinder months ago though he is finally playing his best hockey, I would have kept Jandric up and moved him up sooner as the way the blueline is built is real tough when it's made up mostly of offensive minded D that make questionable decisions in their own end.

Reactions: jrom and Treb

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It is crazy that only 2 teams in the AHL have scored more goals then Laval so far (they always seemed to have the most games played so teams still have to catch up their gms played) but the special teams haven't been very special as the PP has dropped to 18th OA and the PK is 28th or so OA.

So the offense clearly not been the main problem this year but it's also struggled badly these last several weeks or longer as the PP just has not looked good. Losing Gignac who up until his call up may have been our MVP this season and Simoneau, plus Roy who was clearly having a very solid rookie year and now adding Stevens onto the pile certainly doesn't help.

I wish they would have mixed up the lines more, I think they should have had Farrell on the top line since the offense has so much trouble moving the puck and he's one of the few players that consistently creates things out there with his passes.

Kidney looks so overmatched physically that I would have sent him to 3R long ago to be on their top line but the issue isn't TOI now it's just a total lack of strength.

After being one of our best players last year, Condotta has struggled to produce this year but he's still a good guy to have on the 4th line for next season.

I also would have released Norlinder months ago though he is finally playing his best hockey, I would have kept Jandric up and moved him up sooner as the way the blueline is built is real tough when it's made up mostly of offensive minded D that make questionable decisions in their own end.
Having another guy like Bisson would have made a big difference IMO, the defense really needed that extra bit of stability, which we got during that short period when Xhekaj was with the team. Reinbacher came in too late sadly.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Don D

Oct 15, 2017
Having another guys like Bisson would have made a big difference IMO, the defense really needed that extra bit of stability, which we got during that short period when Xhekaj was with the team. Reinbacher came in too late sadly.
They had a dreadful start to the season, at one time 31 out of 32 teams in the standings. Now 20 of 32. Hopefully some players will come back stronger next year!

DarkSender

Apr 29, 2019
Laval
Is Guhle and Slafkovsky able to be sent down ? I bet Laval would love to have Hutson, Struble, Roy, Guhle and Slaf for the last two games against Belleville.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009

I'm assuming we can expect only Struble to join the Rocket for the last 2 games?

Marcotte is saying that the game Belleville-Syracuse doesn't have any impact on Laval next 2 games but it does no? If Belleville lose that game that mean that Laval can win these games in OT but if Belleville beat Syracuse, they need to win both games in regulation. Is that right?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I expect that Mailloux, Barron, and Struble will be sent down to Laval. They will either announce it tonight after the game or tomorrow morning.

They just sent Chris Jandric to 3R.

Will be fun to have an RD of Mailloux, Reinbacher, and Barron. And LD of Trudeau, Struble and one of Norlinder, Bisson, or Galipeau.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm assuming we can expect only Struble to join the Rocket for the last 2 games?

Marcotte is saying that the game Belleville-Syracuse doesn't have any impact on Laval next 2 games but it does no? If Belleville lose that game that mean that Laval can win these games in OT but if Belleville beat Syracuse, they need to win both games in regulation. Is that right?

Laval has the highest RW in their division (tied with Crunch) so they hold all the tiebreakers. So yes we want the Sens to lose tomorrow night but if they win they will be at 78 pts but 28 RW (if they win in regulation) So for us at 74 pts but a 29 RW means we would have to win both of course in regulation. Now if the Sens lose then we just need to win both games and won't matter if it goes to OT as long as we win.

Reactions: EveryDay

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
If Belleville loose, not is all lost for Laval, last 2 games is against Belleville.

True but I think there would be a one point leeway if they lose.

Whether Belleville win or lose on Wednesday, Laval can still be in if they win both Belleville game. Any loss in those games and they are out.

If Belleville wins Wednesday, Laval needs to win both games in regulation to tie at 78 points and then go by via the first tie breaker (regulation win).

If Belleville lose Wednesday in OT/SO, Laval need to win both game, but 1 can be in OT/SO so they still tie at 78 points and Laval gets the tiebreaker.

If Belleville lose Wednesday in regulation, Laval just need to make sure they win both game, whether in regulation or OT/SO.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Is Guhle and Slafkovsky able to be sent down ? I bet Laval would love to have Hutson, Struble, Roy, Guhle and Slaf for the last two games against Belleville.
Guhle and Slaf were not on the Clear Day list, nor Hutson.

Struble and Roy were papered down and up. They can go back down. Barron was already down on the TDL day, so he can go back, too.

Reactions: Leon Lucius Black

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad