Injury Report: 2023/24 Injury (and suspension) Reports

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
damn he will be missed

our defensive depth is ass

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Such a bad luck looking play, toe pick kinda thing. This along with a couple awkward board falls and a gambling mishap, conspire to keep the weird never-a-complete-roster ball rolling.

I wonder if the training regimes are missing something with the stabilizers of something with many of these guys, or they are coming up with less contact and don’t know how to instinctually brace for it as well?

Just musing, but just feels like we’re constantly being torpedoed by rinkydink looking tumbles Turing into epic longterm injuries.

This sucks, he was looking really good and had really stabilized the top 4. Sandy is looking a little less dynamic right now, and Chych is looking like he’s playing injured or somthing.

Rough.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, f***

Some kind of karma for all the fans who have been scapegoating Chabot and would almost dump him (not necessarily talking about HF as I don't really read anymore)

Hopefully people will leave Batherson in peace because I have had already enough of Kelly, MacEwen, Chartier, Kubalik, etc on the ice.

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Well, f***

Some kind of karma for all the fans who have been scapegoating Chabot and would almost dump him (not necessarily talking about HF as I don't really read anymore)

Hopefully people will leave Batherson in peace because I have had already enough of Kelly, MacEwen, Chartier, Kubalik, etc on the ice.

what do you mean scapegoating?

one of the big reasons people were wanting to trade Chabot (for valuable pieces and/or cap space) was because of his very lengthy history of injuries and inability to stay healthy. that's not karma.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
arrows-overkill.gif

f*** my Sens fan life! Relentless pain since 2017. I almost kind of sadistically expect it.

Hoping for the best prognosis for Chabot, he is a key player if this team is to compete every game.

Reactions: DrEasy and Dionysus

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Awesome... Can't say I'm surprised, when he went into the boards against Seattle you could tell he wasn't right the rest of the game

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Not a great sign when two of your top three defensemen have 0 injury-free seasons out of a combined total of 16.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Awesome... Can't say I'm surprised, when he went into the boards against Seattle you could tell he wasn't right the rest of the game
Why did they let him come back and play? This is the shit I will never understand with this team's training and coaching staff.

Reactions: OD99 and Flamingo

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Why did they let him come back and play? This is the shit I will never understand with this team's training and coaching staff.

Becuase injuries aren’t always clear immediately and sometimes they are manageable. If players stopped playing from discomfort of a knee, shoulder, hip, groin etc you would see some pretty ugly
hockey.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Becuase injuries aren’t always clear immediately and sometimes they are manageable. If players stopped playing from discomfort of a knee, shoulder, hip, groin etc you would see some pretty ugly
hockey.
When a guy can't even put pressure on his leg and leaves and he just came back from an injury and we are in a game we are controlling, I am not going to let him finish the game out of precaution. This isn't a playoff game or some kind of must-win. We are at the bottom of the standings. Chabot's long-term health is much more important than a win over Seattle at the start of December.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When a guy can't even put pressure on his leg and leaves and he just came back from an injury and we are in a game we are controlling, I am not going to let him finish the game out of precaution. This isn't a playoff game or some kind of must-win. We are at the bottom of the standings. Chabot's long-term health is much more important than a win over Seattle at the start of December.
I assumed he was shot up and came back. If so it would be his choice.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
what do you mean scapegoating?

one of the big reasons people were wanting to trade Chabot (for valuable pieces and/or cap space) was because of his very lengthy history of injuries and inability to stay healthy. that's not karma.

Ever heard of "careful what you wish for" ?

I don't know what is said here (like I said, I barely read HF) but I have seen a lot of posts/messages scapegoating/hating Chabot and wanting him gone. They got their wish twice already this season.

Chabot missed 23 games in 2021-22 and 14 in 2022-23 but didn't miss many before that... Maybe many years of carrying a whole team on his shoulders wasn't the smartest idea (which is what happens when your deciders are Pierre Dorion and DJ Smith)

Reactions: Agent Zub

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Doesn't seem like a big deal.

Look for the Brannchise to have a huge game and pick up his first assist of the season.
Good call, sarcastic as it may have been!

First 2 assists, and he could have had more. That pairing with Zub was great. They may be hard to break up.

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Good call, sarcastic as it may have been!

First 2 assists, and he could have had more. That pairing with Zub was great. They may be hard to break up.

Sanderson - JBD
Chychrun - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Zub

Some asked "why Zub on the 3rd pairing?"

Well he finished with the highest TOI on the Sens D, Brannstrom finished the 4th highest

It doesn't matter how it's lined up on the paper, game management is a lot more complicated than that, special teams situations, game situations, matchups, etc

I think above is the best way to go with Chabot out.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sanderson - JBD
Chychrun - Hamonic
Brannstrom - Zub

Some asked "why Zub on the 3rd pairing?"

Well he finished with the highest TOI on the Sens D, Brannstrom finished the 4th highest

It doesn't matter how it's lined up on the paper, game management is a lot more complicated than that, special situations, game situations, matchups, etc

I think above is the best way to go with Chabot out.
It's the best way to do it if they're on the road for sure and they are about to play alot of road games.

Reactions: Xspyrit and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3