18. Cole Knuble 23.1%
19. Zayde Wisdom 34.5%
20. Massimo Rizzo 31.3%

GOALIES

Samuel Ersson 68.9%
2. Aleksei Kolosov 67.6%
3. Ivan Fedotov 48.3%

Didn't make the list:

Bryce Brodzinski, Adam Ginning, Ryan MacPherson, Matteo Mann, Hunter McDonald, Owen McLaughlin, Mason Millman, Ty Murchison, Ethan Samson, Carter Sotheran, Santeri Sulku, Samu Tuomaala, Brian Zanetti, Carson Bjarnason, Matej Tomek, Yegor Zavragin.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Adam Ginning, Hunter McDonald, Owen McLaughlin, Ethan Samson, Carter Sotheran, Samu Tuomaala, Brian Zanetti.

Tuomaala has the lowest floor and the highest ceiling in this group.
Ginning, McDonald, Zanetti and Southeran have 3rd pair potential, Samson is more of a wild card.
Most should be solid AHL players. Onr or two will probably surprise and play above expectations. A few will burn out in the ECHL.

Bjarnason and Zavragin are legitimate goalie prospects, which is why the goalie list should have gone five deep.

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
A good mix of lower 6 and bottom pair D. Not much in the way of top 6 (outside of Michkov and Gauthier, maybe Foerster and Andrae)
That's pretty usual, even for good systems, b/c most top 6/top 4 are drafted in the 1st rd. How many 1st rd picks are in any system (between rapid graduation and flops)? Also, later round picks take longer to develop on average (one reason they drop in the draft), so it may take five years to find out if a 5th rd pick is a Lindblom, Catess or Kase.

Reactions: DrinkFightFlyers

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
After Michkov, it's a pretty average looking group compared to the rest of the league. Need to nail the 2024 Draft.

ya our defense definitely doesnt look great, I can see Cutter as a potential 1st line player in a few years but Foerster still has just as many question marks as everyone else so theres really only 2 prospects that can be considered high end right now with Michkov and Gauthier. 2024 we could have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and maybe more if Danny isnt gun shy all year but we could also end up with 2 if florida bottoms out this year and columbus slides their pick to 2025. Eventually, if its not this season, but maybe in 2025, they gotta start rolling some of the rookies out and see who sticks, so if 2024 isnt our big year, 2025 still can be a huge draft for us. Either way these next few years are important for the future, a couple more really solid drafts and we can start thinking about what the new core looks like with whatevers left of this current roster

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Adam Ginning, Hunter McDonald, Owen McLaughlin, Ethan Samson, Carter Sotheran, Samu Tuomaala, Brian Zanetti.

Tuomaala has the lowest floor and the highest ceiling in this group.
Ginning, McDonald, Zanetti and Southeran have 3rd pair potential, Samson is more of a wild card.
Most should be solid AHL players. Onr or two will probably surprise and play above expectations. A few will burn out in the ECHL.

Bjarnason and Zavragin are legitimate goalie prospects, which is why the goalie list should have gone five deep.

Tuomaala's ceiling is the ECHL

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Maybe 8 guys who I see getting into the NHL . Need to land at least 3 in 24
I can see Michkov, Gauthier, Foerster definitely as regular NHLers, theres a few names I wanna see like Bump and Kaplan, Knuble could all be bottom 6 guys. I have a feeling Barkey is going to play his way into the top of the list this season too but I think outside those first couple names everyone more or less has a 50/50 shot so hopefully a few make some major noise. We need 1 or 2 of the sleeper picks to break out in a big way

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We also need depth down the road, having a loaded AHL squad with young players with NHL upside is how you overcome injuries.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I hated the Bonk pick at the time because there were still some names on the board I was high on, but after seeing him at the dev camp drills and the scrimmage he started showing some of his finesse game and doing creative stuff with the puck, he might end up being the BPA in the end where he was taken, London is a good development team and they get players pretty well prepared for pros so Im kinda excited to see him be more of a leader and top pair guy with Mailloux potentially gone

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
SKATERS

Matvei Michkov 86.8%
2. Cutter Gauthier 80.0%
3. Tyson Foerster 81.0%
4. Bobby Brink 38.2%
5. Emil Andrae 51.8%
6. Oliver Bonk 58.7%
7. Yegor Zamula 40.4%
8. Elliot Desnoyers 63.9%
9. Alex Ciernik 26.5%
10. Ronnie Attard 34.4%
11. Devin Kaplan 30.4%
12. Helge Grans 22.8%
13. Denver Barkey 25.6%
14. Olle Lycksell 31.0%
15. Alexis Gendron 31.0%
16. Jon-Randall Avon 40.0%
17. Alex Bump 40.0%
18. Cole Knuble 23.1%
19. Zayde Wisdom 34.5%
20. Massimo Rizzo 31.3%

GOALIES

Samuel Ersson 68.9%
2. Aleksei Kolosov 67.6%
3. Ivan Fedotov 48.3%

Didn't make the list:

Bryce Brodzinski, Adam Ginning, Ryan MacPherson, Matteo Mann, Hunter McDonald, Owen McLaughlin, Mason Millman, Ty Murchison, Massimo Rizzo, Ethan Samson, Carter Sotheran, Santeri Sulku, Samu Tuomaala, Brian Zanetti, Carson Bjarnason, Matej Tomek, Yegor Zavragin.
they related at all?

Carter Sotheran is a a guy I like a little.

Reactions: IronMarshal

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
they related at all?

Carter Sotheran is a a guy I like a little.
Some of these later round defenseman might take longer to develop but there could be a few guys like Ethan Samson, Carter, Mateo Mann who could develop into NHLers from what Ive seen, Sotheran has the tools even if hes kinda slow. Flyers need to get better at giving these guys a look, Attard and Ginning are still waiting for their chance. They said they wanna do the same for the defense this year that they did with the forwards last year and get them some time to evaluate them but then they signed Staal so maybe they carry 7 defense every night idk what to think now but I love to speculate

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Some of these later round defenseman might take longer to develop but there could be a few guys like Ethan Samson, Carter, Mateo Mann who could develop into NHLers from what Ive seen, Sotheran has the tools even if hes kinda slow. Flyers need to get better at giving these guys a look, Attard and Ginning are still waiting for their chance. They said they wanna do the same for the defense this year that they did with the forwards last year and get them some time to evaluate them but then they signed Staal so maybe they carry 7 defense every night idk what to think now but I love to speculate

Mann will never play in an NHL game. It's possible he never even plays a pro game anywhere. We passed on better potential players on his own team so Flahr could take a big guy. They'd have been better off trading the pick for almost anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad