2023-24 ECHL Season Thread

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
They're moving up to Fishers with a brand new arena and even launched an Indoor Football League team in the Fishers Freight. I documented it on this forum.
Didn't realize that move was imminent (a year away). Guess I'll have to pencil in Indy as a possible 2nd half 2024-25 road trip destination.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Looks like the Patchboard folks have settled in with their League-wide user-unfriendly ECHL.com website design collaborative, so I'll let y'all do your own looking at Standings | ECHL

Norfolk's success so far seems like the most positive surprise in the Eastern Conference, while Atlanta took a nosedive after me 'n' Mrs. JMC attended a home game there in November. :facepalm:

Out West, Toledo is gobbling up Central Division points with their strong offense while Missouri (my sentimental favorite for regional ties) are riding a 6-0-0-0 streak in the Mountain race.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Had an opportunity to play against Terry at the Canadian National Ball Hockey Championships. He's a hard rig... love that he's back.

On a side note - any teams on the Eastern side looking to move an ECHL team? Sydney, Nova Scotia, needs to end this foolishness with the Quebec League and go back to pro hockey. It was wildly popular in the late 80's and 90's. Sure it's not the AHL but the Eagles have had almost 30 years to get this right and they can't. They can't do it.

FrHockeyFan

Dec 25, 2017
More like hanging by her phone, waiting for a text from a potential contract employer. Tough life.
I know... I don't envy players at that level...

still nice she got a call. I didn't expect she would despite all the hype some WoHo media were writing about goalies potentially getting EBUG call-ups in men's leagues.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Had an opportunity to play against Terry at the Canadian National Ball Hockey Championships. He's a hard rig... love that he's back.

On a side note - any teams on the Eastern side looking to move an ECHL team? Sydney, Nova Scotia, needs to end this foolishness with the Quebec League and go back to pro hockey. It was wildly popular in the late 80's and 90's. Sure it's not the AHL but the Eagles have had almost 30 years to get this right and they can't. They can't do it.
Whoa whoa whoa... Where's this coming from? As far as things are concerned, the Q has a set thing going on, and as there's no way we will ever see Fredericton get pro hockey back, it's not like options in the Maritime region is wide open.

Another proud moment in Newfoundland's history of pro hockey? :rolleyes:
More like one of them Canadian Heritage Moments.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
At least Iowa is finally competing.

Too bad they're still last place.
It's a Start-Over Year for the 'Landers under new ownership. Their place in the standings won't matter much for at least a few more seasons. Then their woes can be blamed on the arena or the city or the University of Iowa football & basketball fans not supporting hockey.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad