Prospect Info: 2023-24 Ducks Prospects

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
What's our current contract status? 47? We would lose the rights to Hvidston if we didn't sign him until 6/30, which would be a waste. Given that Gauthier is definitely going to get a contract this season already and that we might also hand out a contract to Sidorov, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What's our current contract status? 47? We would lose the rights to Hvidston if we didn't sign him until 6/30, which would be a waste. Given that Gauthier is definitely going to get a contract this season already and that we might also hand out a contract to Sidorov, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.

If you sign a junior guy like Hvidston now, his contract doesn't have to actually kick in until next year. Can play in the AHL on an ATO for the rest of this season

That right faceoff circle is Sidorov's office

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
That'd suck. I really liked Hvidston last year but if we don't sign him at least, that's very suspitious on Pat's drafting antics

Reactions: lwvs84

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
46/50 contracts according to Cap Friendly then we have the below that are expiring that will either need to be resigned or let go.

Roster Expiring:
Silfverberg UFA
Lundestrom RFA
Jones RFA
Leason RFA
Benoit-Olivier RFA
Meyers UFA
Lindstrom RFA
LaCombe RFA
Vaakanainen RFA
Lagesson UFA

Non Roster Expiring:
Nesterenko RFA
McLaughlin RFA
Tracey RFA
Regenda RFA
Agozzino UFA
De Leo UFA
Gawdin UFA
Carrick UFA
White UFA
Hagg UFA
Stalock UFA

We have plenty of space if we really want to sign any of our draft picks.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Going by 46/50 NHL/AHL contracts, since out of the 48/50 Luneau is in juniors and Suchanek's deal starts next season so they don't count against the 50 contract limit this season:

It looks like the plan is for Myatovic and Terrance to spend another year in juniors and they might join on a try out for rest of the season.

Of course they will be looking to sign Moore, Colangelo and Gauthier? And I think Sidorov will be signed at some point, but he is in no rush. He seems like a very willing guy that will take anything he is given.

The point is, it won't be because of contract limits that anyone of those guys don't get signed.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Verbeek has already said that he expects six or seven rookies on the Gulls next year. That would indicate that he is planning to sign many of the AHL eligible players on the Duck's Reserve List. To me the more interesting question is which players does he let go.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Verbeek has already said that he expects six or seven rookies on the Gulls next year. That would indicate that he is planning to sign many of the AHL eligible players on the Duck's Reserve List. To me the more interesting question is which players does he let go.

Hvidston
Myatovic
Warren
Pitre
Smith
Sidorov
Colangelo * possibly NHL or UFA
Moore** possibly returns to college

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Plenty of those on the team.
And they aren’t RFAs the require qualifying offers. He doesn’t deserve 2+ mil based on his play and he isn’t a PV draftee. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he is gone.

RFA contracts are going to be very calculated for the Ducks for the next like 3-4 years. They aren’t going to overpay because it sets a precedent.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
And they aren’t RFAs the require qualifying offers. He doesn’t deserve 2+ mil based on his play and he isn’t a PV draftee. I wouldnt be surprised at all if he is gone.

RFA contracts are going to be very calculated for the Ducks for the next like 3-4 years. They aren’t going to overpay because it sets a precedent.

They can't be signed to an amount lower than their QO?

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Not as an RFA. If they don’t offer a QO of 120% of his current salary he becomes a UFA and can sign with the Ducks, or anyone else, for less.

Huh, I thought teams could negotiate freely with their RFAs. Thanks for clarifying.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Huh, I thought teams could negotiate freely with their RFAs. Thanks for clarifying.
They could reach an agreement on an extension before he becomes an RFA, and that agreement can be for any amount (between the minimum and maximum salary, of course). So the Ducks could end up signing Lundestrom for less than the QO amount, but the only reason Lundestrom would do that is if he really wants to stay in Anaheim. Otherwise, why not just get to RFA and either get a higher number or become a UFA where he controls his destiny?

But count me among those who is not in favor of giving him the QO. I know he had a nice shorthanded goal yesterday, but he's not good in any other situation.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
They could reach an agreement on an extension before he becomes an RFA, and that agreement can be for any amount (between the minimum and maximum salary, of course).

Ah, OK. Then I got it right. Thanks!

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I think that Verbeek's crazy to bring in that many (six to seven) into the AHL considering how many youths we added this year alone. Didn't Verbeek say he wanted overripen prospects? Why rush the lower levels, oversaturate the AHL with youths, and shorten the control over their development?

This year's rookie squad on an ELC
D Zell​
D Hinds​
C Gaucher​
LW Pastujov​
LW Nesterenko​
RW Caulfield​
RW Wiebe​
G Clang​

This year's rookie squad on an AHL contract
F King​
G Suchanek (just signed an future ELC contract for next season; was not drafted)​

We're gonna have rookies teaching in-coming rookies with not a lot of veterans there to guide the way.

Reserve list that need signed this summer or lose their rights
RW Colangelo​
C/LW Hvidston​
F King​
F Perbix (probably won't be signed)​
C Sundsvik (probably won't be signed)​

Signing King and Suchanek to an ELC wouldn't be categorized as new players to the AHL like signing Colangelo and Hvidston.

Two players who might draw an ELC are RW Sidorov and LD Dionicio, since they both turn 20 years old before the next season starts. Although, I did read that Dionicio doesn't want to return to the CHL as an overager next year and has sights on playing in Europe. We still would own Dionicio's rights if he played in Europe. Or maybe it's possible that Sidorov and Dionicio sign AHL contracts like Ben King did this past season.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
And while I was out and about this morning Myatovic is signed to an ELC beginning next season. He can sign an ATO for the balance of this season. So there's one of the six/seven.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think that Verbeek's crazy to bring in that many (six to seven) into the AHL considering how many youths we added this year alone. Didn't Verbeek say he wanted overripen prospects? Why rush the lower levels, oversaturate the AHL with youths, and shorten the control over their development?

This year's rookie squad on an ELC
D Zell​
D Hinds​
C Gaucher​
LW Pastujov​
LW Nesterenko​
RW Caulfield​
RW Wiebe​
G Clang​

This year's rookie squad on an AHL contract
F King​
G Suchanek (just signed an future ELC contract for next season; was not drafted)​

We're gonna have rookies teaching in-coming rookies with not a lot of veterans there to guide the way.

Reserve list that need signed this summer or lose their rights
RW Colangelo​
C/LW Hvidston​
F King​
F Perbix (probably won't be signed)​
C Sundsvik (probably won't be signed)​

Signing King and Suchanek to an ELC wouldn't be categorized as new players to the AHL like signing Colangelo and Hvidston.

Two players who might draw an ELC are RW Sidorov and LD Dionicio, since they both turn 20 years old before the next season starts. Although, I did read that Dionicio doesn't want to return to the CHL as an overager next year and has sights on playing in Europe. We still would own Dionicio's rights if he played in Europe. Or maybe it's possible that Sidorov and Dionicio sign AHL contracts like Ben King did this past season.
Verbeek said in that season ticket holder event that there would be 6-7 prospects going to the AHL next year. I think that was the number, too Getzlaf to look.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Verbeek said in that season ticket holder event that there would be 6-7 prospects going to the AHL next year. I think that was the number, too Getzlaf to look.

Yeah, I know Verbeek said 6-7, but I'm disagreeing with him doing it. hahaha ... We already witnessed we have too many youths at the NHL level and it's not working out great. So we're going to do even more at the AHL level? meh Feels like thunderdome/anime stories of being in tournaments to find the gems. That's not development, that's just waiting for the creme of the crop to rise.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I agree with it not being smart and it would actually be hard to fit that many rookies om the Gulls. But I think it wasn't for sure going to be 6 rookies, just that it's possible.

Myatovic, Terrance, Sidorov, Pitre, Colangelo, Hvidston and Moore with a chance for Dionicio, Warren. Would Luneau still be considered AHL rookie, not that it really matters. The point is, if signed, they could beat guys out of spots and you should reward them if that's the case.

Regarding Dionicio, I don't quite agree with leaving small ice for Europe in hopes of big ice time and role. I think there is more room on the Gulls defense than forward line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad