Prospect Info: 2023-24 Ducks Prospects

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
What's our current contract status? 47? We would lose the rights to Hvidston if we didn't sign him until 6/30, which would be a waste. Given that Gauthier is definitely going to get a contract this season already and that we might also hand out a contract to Sidorov, I'm starting to feel uncomfortable.
Would be shocked if we didn't give Sidorov a contract. Not only because of how he's playing, but IIRC we were in contact with him between his first draft and his second. If that's true then it's clear they have an interest in him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Would be shocked if we didn't give Sidorov a contract. Not only because of how he's playing, but IIRC we were in contact with him between his first draft and his second. If that's true then it's clear they have an interest in him.
Would be a supreme waste of a fairly high pick if they didn't sign him...especially after a 50 goal season. I'm not sure what else he could have done this year to earn a contract.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Would be a supreme waste of a fairly high pick if they didn't sign him...especially after a 50 goal season. I'm not sure what else he could have done this year to earn a contract.
100%. I think Pat will be much more willing to give contracts to guys like these that he drafted vs returning players.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I think that Verbeek's crazy to bring in that many (six to seven) into the AHL considering how many youths we added this year alone. Didn't Verbeek say he wanted overripen prospects? Why rush the lower levels, oversaturate the AHL with youths, and shorten the control over their development?

This year's rookie squad on an ELC
D Zell​
D Hinds​
C Gaucher​
LW Pastujov​
LW Nesterenko​
RW Caulfield​
RW Wiebe​
G Clang​

This year's rookie squad on an AHL contract
F King​
G Suchanek (just signed an future ELC contract for next season; was not drafted)​

We're gonna have rookies teaching in-coming rookies with not a lot of veterans there to guide the way.

Reserve list that need signed this summer or lose their rights
RW Colangelo​
C/LW Hvidston​
F King​
F Perbix (probably won't be signed)​
C Sundsvik (probably won't be signed)​

Signing King and Suchanek to an ELC wouldn't be categorized as new players to the AHL like signing Colangelo and Hvidston.

Two players who might draw an ELC are RW Sidorov and LD Dionicio, since they both turn 20 years old before the next season starts. Although, I did read that Dionicio doesn't want to return to the CHL as an overager next year and has sights on playing in Europe. We still would own Dionicio's rights if he played in Europe. Or maybe it's possible that Sidorov and Dionicio sign AHL contracts like Ben King did this past season.
No clue what you have against bringing young players into the AHL when they are ready but that is how every team operates

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No clue what you have against bringing young players into the AHL when they are ready but that is how every team operates

Yet another logical fallacy ploy that I never said nor implied. It's getting tiresome identifying posters putting words into my posts that never existed.

Although, I do have receipt that I'm not opposed to bringing over talent, but you completely failed to acknowledge it or you're just a troll via logical fallacy. Either way, that's a "you problem".

===============================================
Receipt proving you're putting words into my posts that never existed
Reserve list that need signed this summer or lose their rights
RW Colangelo​
C/LW Hvidston​
F King​
F Perbix (probably won't be signed)​
C Sundsvik (probably won't be signed)​

Signing King and Suchanek to an ELC wouldn't be categorized as new players to the AHL like signing Colangelo and Hvidston.

Two players who might draw an ELC are RW Sidorov and LD Dionicio, since they both turn 20 years old before the next season starts. Although, I did read that Dionicio doesn't want to return to the CHL as an overager next year and has sights on playing in Europe. We still would own Dionicio's rights if he played in Europe. Or maybe it's possible that Sidorov and Dionicio sign AHL contracts like Ben King did this past season.

Apparently I'm not opposed to bringing in young players into the AHL. In fact, I gave options to get a couple of 2023 drafted youths onto the AHL club without signing an ELC so we might have more roster spots open to acquire more veterans for the AHL club to promote a better environment to develop within.

Also, maybe you don't follow the Prospects Updates throughout the season which covers the Juniors, NCAA, and European levels. You can actually look, compare, and contrast player productions as well as notice who's been injuried/off the roster in a weekly or bi-weekly report. I do the work for compiling all the updates so others can follow prospects throughout the whole season. We can have a conversation if certain prospects are ready or not, but that is not what you countered with. That feels like a "you problem".

It's arbitrary to identify who's ready b/c it's the GM's preference, but it appears you've taken the GM mantle away from Verbeek to lord over who's ready or not on HFboards.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yet another logical fallacy ploy that I never said nor implied. It's getting tiresome identifying posters putting words into my posts that never existed.

Although, I do have receipt that I'm not opposed to bringing over talent, but you completely failed to acknowledge it or you're just a troll via logical fallacy. Either way, that's a "you problem".

Receipt proving you're putting words into my posts that never existed

Apparently I'm not opposed to bringing in young players into the AHL. In fact, I gave options to get a couple of 2023 drafted youths onto the AHL club without signing an ELC so we might have more roster spots open to acquire more veterans for the AHL club to promote a better environment to develop within.

Also, maybe you don't follow the Prospects Updates throughout the season which covers the Juniors, NCAA, and European levels. You can actually look, compare, and contrast player productions as well as notice who's been injuried/off the roster in a weekly or bi-weekly report. I do the work for compiling all the updates so others can follow prospects throughout the whole season. We can have a conversation if certain prospects are ready or not, but that is not what you countered with. That feels like a "you problem".

It's arbitrary to identify who's ready b/c it's the GM's preference, but it appears you've taken the GM mantle away from Verbeek to lord over who's ready or not on HFboards.
Your words were that Verbeek was crazy for doing it. If I’m not supposed to take that as you being against it idk what to tell you

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Your words were that Verbeek was crazy for doing it. If I’m not supposed to take that as you being against it idk what to tell you

Maybe you shouldn't use logical fallacies and put words into someone's post that never said them. That's called trolling, BTW.

You do can do better. Do better!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Maybe you shouldn't use logical fallacies and put words into someone's post that never said them. That's called trolling, BTW.

You do can do better. Do better!
I think that Verbeek's crazy to bring in that many (six to seven) into the AHL considering how many youths we added this year alone.
You said you thought it was crazy. I took that to mean that you were not in favor of it. If that’s not what you meant and you want to clarify what you actually meant go ahead but I’m not putting words in your mouth, that’s a direct quote from you

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You said you thought it was crazy. I took that to mean that you were not in favor of it. If that’s not what you meant and you want to clarify what you actually meant go ahead but I’m not putting words in your mouth, that’s a direct quote from you

You can re-read my quote.

I think that Verbeek's crazy to bring in that many (six to seven) into the AHL considering how many youths we added this year alone. Didn't Verbeek say he wanted overripen prospects? Why rush the lower levels, oversaturate the AHL with youths, and shorten the control over their development?

We're gonna have rookies teaching in-coming rookies with not a lot of veterans there to guide the way.

Is that the same as what you wrote?

Apparently not. Again, do not put words into my post that I did not write. You owe me an apology and you can quit trolling.

Do better, @MMC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad