0​
PortMoose Jaw
5​
1​
0​
1​
1​

Del Scorcho Productions :madfire:
- Sidorov (earned 50 goals in the regular season!)
- "Hot Rod" Dionicio

Good Productions :highclap:
- Hvidston
- Myatovic

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update, Mar 26: NCAA

NCAA regular season and Conference Championships are completed. The NCAA tournament playoffs are next.

Mar 26, NCAA.png

2-week productions

NCAA2-week Productions
PlayerTeamGamesGAPts.Plus/ minus
ColangeloW. Michigan
3​
3​
1​
4​
2​
MooreHarvard
2​
1​
0​
1​
-1​
CallowHarvard
2​
0​
1​
1​
0​
GauthierBoston College
3​
3​
4​
7​
2​

Del Scorcho productions :madfire:
- Gauthier (leads the NCAA in goal scoring)
- Colangelo (had a hat trick, third of the season)

=================================
Is our NCAA pool drying up?

Cautionary note, our NCAA prospect pool is dwindling. In the past two drafts and 17 draft picks, we drafted only one NCAA bound prospect.

• Past two drafts under Verbeek, 2022-23
    • CHL = 13 prospects
    • Europe = 3 prospects
    • NCAA or NCAA bound = 1 prospect (Callow, 2022)

• Last two drafts under Murray, 2020-21
    • CHL = 8 prospects
    • Europe = 2 prospects
    • NCAA or NCAA bound = 6 prospect (Pastujov was set for the NCAA, then changed to the CHL after he was drafted.

We have nine picks in the 2024 draft, two 1sts, two 2nds, three 3rds, one 4th, and one 6th. It'll be interesting if we do draft any college guys, especially in rounds 2 and 3 because we can stash some for two to four years to spread out our prospects going pro. Maybe we could pick one up with our high 1st round pick in either C Celebrini or RHD Levshunov, both currently freshmen in college.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update, Mar 26: Europe and NHL

KHL (and lower Russian leagues) and SHL (and lower Swedish leagues) regular seasons are completed.

Mar 26, Europe.png

2-week productions

Europe2-week Productions
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
SundsvikSHL Playoffs
6​
2​
0​
2​
8​
== Goalie Stats ==
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
ClaraHockey Allsvenskan
3​
3​
0​
0​
0.955​

- G Clara

Mar 26, NHL.png

2-week productions

NHL2-week Productions
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
CarlssonNHL
5​
0​
1​
1​
0​
LaCombeNHL
7​
0​
1​
1​
-2​
MintyukovNHL
8​
1​
2​
3​
-2​
GroulxNHL
5​
0​
0​
0​
0​
ZellwegerNHL
8​
0​
1​
1​
-5​
== Goalie Stats ==
PlayerLeagueGPWLOTL.Sv %
DostalNHL
6​
1​
3​
1​
0.002​

- G Dostal (so many saves, including his first NHL shutout)

Good productions :highclap:
- LD Minty

For the past five games, Minty has been paired with LaCombe. Let's do a split with partners.

Minty2023-24PartnerSplits
PartnerGame SetGamesGAPtsPPGPlus/minus
AllTotal
60​
4​
24​
28​
0.47​
-17​
Lyubushkin1-59
46​
3​
20​
23​
0.50​
-12​
Gudas59-67
9​
0​
2​
2​
0.22​
-6​
LaCombe68-72
5​
1​
2​
3​
0.60​
1​

It's still a small sample with LaCombe, but Minty feels like he's got his scoring prowess back up again with LaCombe. Being roommates is a good thing for on-ice chemistry. Maybe Cronin keeps this pair together for a few more games to see if the small sample is a mirage.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Prospect Update, Mar 26: AHL and ECHL

Mar 26, AHL ECHL.png

2-week productions

AHL/ECHL2-week Productions
PlayerLeagueGPGAPts.+/-
MysakAHL
2​
0​
0​
0​
-1​
TraceyAHL
6​
0​
2​
2​
1​
NesterenkoAHL
6​
3​
1​
4​
1​
McLaughlinAHL
3​
0​
0​
0​
-1​
HellesonAHL
2​
0​
0​
0​
-3​
LopinaAHL
6​
1​
0​
1​
-1​
RegendaAHL
3​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
RegendaNHL
4​
0​
0​
0​
-1​
GaucherAHL
6​
3​
0​
3​
-1​
KingAHL
5​
0​
2​
2​
-2​
PastujovAHL
3​
1​
1​
2​
2​
HindsAHL
6​
0​
0​
0​
1​
WeibeAHL
2​
0​
0​
0​
-2​
CaulfieldAHL
2​
0​
1​
1​
-3​
== Goalie Stats ==
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
ClangAHL
4​
2​
1​
0​
0.002​
AlexanderECHL
4​
1​
1​
1​
-0.001​
PlayerLeagueGPWLT.Sv %
SuchanekAHL
3​
0​
3​
0​
-0.007​

- none

Good productions :highclap:
G Clang
G Alexander
LW Nesterenko
C Gaucher
LW Pastujov
D Hinds (a shutdown D-man has a +1 on this bad team)

I just looked at the scoreboard for tonight (which these stats are not included) and the Gulls lost again. They're currently on a five-game losing streak. The last playoff spot in the Pacific, 7th ranked, has 70 points and the Gulls have 52 points. With the Gulls having 12 games left, it seems highly unlikely the Gulls will make the playoffs.

We're slated to have more rookies, like 6-7 rookies, set to join the AHL next season, according to Verbeek at his Migration interview.

Reactions: Static

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Prospect Update, Mar 26: NCAA

NCAA regular season and Conference Championships are completed. The NCAA tournament playoffs are next.

View attachment 842458

2-week productions

NCAA2-week Productions
PlayerTeamGamesGAPts.Plus/ minus
ColangeloW. Michigan
3​
3​
1​
4​
2​
MooreHarvard
2​
1​
0​
1​
-1​
CallowHarvard
2​
0​
1​
1​
0​
GauthierBoston College
3​
3​
4​
7​
2​

- Gauthier (leads the NCAA in goal scoring)
- Colangelo (had a hat trick, third of the season)

Is our NCAA pool drying up?

Cautionary note, our NCAA prospect pool is dwindling. In the past two drafts and 17 draft picks, we drafted only one NCAA bound prospect.

• Past two drafts under Verbeek, 2022-23
    • CHL = 13 prospects
    • Europe = 3 prospects
    • NCAA or NCAA bound = 1 prospect (Callow, 2022)

• Last two drafts under Murray, 2020-21
    • CHL = 8 prospects
    • Europe = 2 prospects
    • NCAA or NCAA bound = 6 prospect (Pastujov was set for the NCAA, then changed to the CHL after he was drafted.

We have nine picks in the 2024 draft, two 1sts, two 2nds, three 3rds, one 4th, and one 6th. It'll be interesting if we do draft any college guys, especially in rounds 2 and 3 because we can stash some for two to four years to spread out our prospects going pro. Maybe we could pick one up with our high 1st round pick in either C Celebrini or RHD Levshunov, both currently freshmen in college.
With Moore's season over we should hopefully be hearing about what is going on with him soon.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With how many Harvard players screw their teams and go UFA, I have to assume Moore is going to do the same thing.

It almost seems like there's a coach there encouraging them to do it.

Moore's season was plagued with injuries and he wasn't able to display the type of play he probably wanted from himself. Plus, he was captain this year and the year went wonky. Going back for his senior season and being Captain is a huge deal for him. LaCombe went back because he was projected to be as one of Minny's captains if he stayed for his senior season... that and they almost won the Frozen four!

Do I see Moore going FA? If we draft two RD's in the first two rounds, there is that possibility. But if Luneau and Warren struggle next year, then there's an avenue for Moore as a shutdown D.

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Moore's season was plagued with injuries and he wasn't able to display the type of play he probably wanted from himself. Plus, he was captain this year and the year went wonky. Going back for his senior season and being Captain is a huge deal for him. LaCombe went back because he was projected to be as one of Minny's captains if he stayed for his senior season... that and they almost won the Frozen four!

Do I see Moore going FA? If we draft two RD's in the first two rounds, there is that possibility. But if Luneau and Warren struggle next year, then there's an avenue for Moore as a shutdown D.
Adam Fox
Alexander Kerfoot
Jimmy Vesey
Henry Thrun

I think there's more to it than just "if they have an avenue". There's something about Harvard that is leaning these kids toward this choice.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Adam Fox
Alexander Kerfoot
Jimmy Vesey
Henry Thrun

I think there's more to it than just "if they have an avenue". There's something about Harvard that is leaning these kids toward this choice.

There is a thing about Harvard prospects going FA even before Thrun bolted. Yet, with Thrun, we don't really know the reason. I'll just speculate that there was a change in the front office, Todd Marchant got fired, and Verbeek drafted three d-men. Thrun picked a destination with some familiarity with San Jose, where Marchant got hired.

Harvard is teaching them some perspective. If a team decides to trade their rights or trade them after signing them, then the prospect has no choice and it sucks for them. Anaheim will be doing that to one or two of their young defensemen soon. I think if the player lets the draft team know ahead of time to get something back via trade, then that's the most amicable outcome, like what Thrun did. We don't want another Schultz situation, that's worse.

BringBackTheIceman

Mar 24, 2013
With how many Harvard players screw their teams and go UFA, I have to assume Moore is going to do the same thing.

It almost seems like there's a coach there encouraging them to do it.
It's a degree from Harvard man lol everyone that goes there should stay for all four years

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
There is a thing about Harvard prospects going FA even before Thrun bolted. Yet, with Thrun, we don't really know the reason. I'll just speculate that there was a change in the front office, Todd Marchant got fired, and Verbeek drafted three d-men. Thrun picked a destination with some familiarity with San Jose, where Marchant got hired.

Harvard is teaching them some perspective. If a team decides to trade their rights or trade them after signing them, then the prospect has no choice and it sucks for them. Anaheim will be doing that to one or two of their young defensemen soon. I think if the player lets the draft team know ahead of time to get something back via trade, then that's the most amicable outcome, like what Thrun did. We don't want another Schultz situation, that's worse.
I understand the points you're making here, and I mostly agree.

I would just say that (and we can never know this for sure) if Thrun did not play at Harvard, there would be a higher chance that he'd still be a Duck.

I'd also say that if I had to bet on it, Moore will not sign with the Ducks. And, that is entirely based on the fact that he played for Harvard.

That's my opinion at least.

BringBackTheIceman

Mar 24, 2013
Yeah, I understand wanting to finish your degree, but that has nothing to do with whether or not you refuse to sign with the team that drafted you.
Eh its within his rights to go to free agency if he wants to and if he thinks theres a better place for his development and opportunity to make it to the league as quickly as possible. In his shoes I think we'd all at least consider it. I don't think it's some big Harvard conspiracy.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad