Prospect Info: 2023-24 Ducks Prospects

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Buteyets is an interesting inclusion here, both due to being an intriguing prospect but also because him being in SD next year would likely require some movement in our goalie group.

Would they keep all three of Suchanek/Clang/Buteyets in the AHL at the same time? Seems unlikely.

Would they give Suchanek a shot at backing up Dostal already, if Gibson is moved this summer?

Is Clang perhaps trade bait, having been passed by Suchanek this year?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Buteyets is an interesting inclusion here, both due to being an intriguing prospect but also because him being in SD next year would likely require some movement in our goalie group.

Would they keep all three of Suchanek/Clang/Buteyets in the AHL at the same time? Seems unlikely.

Would they give Suchanek a shot at backing up Dostal already, if Gibson is moved this summer?

Is Clang perhaps trade bait, having been passed by Suchanek this year?
I'm guessing they just put Buteyets and Alexander in Tulsa.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I was operating based on the Verbeek quote saying Buteyets would likely be with the Gulls
Ya, I just don't see how that would make sense. Maybe Verbeek just expanded it to guys coming to play NA pro hockey in his head. And I'm sure there will be goalie injuries so Buteyets or Alexander will play in San Diego a little bit even if they don't start there.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Ducks were fined 50K for loosely organizing off-season workouts for prospects in Florida. Friedman says some of our prospects complained to the league that they felt pressured to do so.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Ducks were fined 50K for loosely organizing off-season workouts for prospects in Florida. Friedman says some of our prospects complained to the league that they felt pressured to do so.
I wonder what prospects complained

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Pat will make the whole prospect camp bagskate for 2h because of this :laugh:

SingDomestica

Jul 10, 2008
SoCal
Pat will make the whole prospect camp bagskate for 2h because of this :laugh:
It’s just nice to hear that there is a “big name insider” that actually seems to follow the Ducks to some extent. Was surprised how much he knew about them, especially in comparison with the other media folks who are the kind that help to perpetuate the dumbfounding Zegras trade discussion.

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland

Depends on the extent of pressure and what loose organizing means, but I'm actually fine with bending the rules like this. Perhaps though it is only deliberately softened by Friedman in order to not come out so judgingly because he's not sure.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
It’s just nice to hear that there is a “big name insider” that actually seems to follow the Ducks to some extent. Was surprised how much he knew about them, especially in comparison with the other media folks who are the kind that help to perpetuate the dumbfounding Zegras trade discussion.
He's overall good with the Ducks and in general, he's pretty much as good as it gets these days. He seems to have filled the void after Mckenzie retired. Lebrun is still good but i feel like Elliotte is even more plugged in these days which is impressive. I do think Lebrun has some connections with the Ducks as well.

I've seen Elliotte get some heat before on this board for lack of clarity and specificity. always chuckle at those comments, would you rather there be no insider knowledge of our team?

Reactions: Hinterland and Kalv

irishsetter13

Jan 24, 2016

I thought it was so interesting that so many Ducks Prospects/Players played in that Florida 3on3 tournament last offseason. Wasn't it Zegras, Carlsson, Nesterenko, Minty, Pasta, Hvid all played. Just seemed so weird all of those players would play in this league without some organization by the Ducks.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Crazy lil' ball of hate trying to keep up with the how the MLB's Angels mistreat their prospects. That $50K fine really is a nothing reprimand. Being put on notice that it did occur does put more scrutiny on the org.

Reactions: Yemeth and Boo Boo

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

I get why the rule exists but at the same time I don't really care that the team chose to organize this

Reactions: lwvs84 and ScarTroy

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Am at work but If I remember correctly they say on the podcast that the prospects had to pay their own way to a camp which sucks especially since they may or may not even get a shot with the org.
This was my thought. Shouldn’t be putting pressure on people that you aren’t paying to spend a significant chunk of change out of pocket.

Unless there was an under the table guarantee to get a contract if they did. Which would be a much bigger problem for the team if that ever got proven. Tinfoil hats are on the table to the left of the door.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Not a great look. This, along with the open, public pressure to play hurt (among other things), are some fairly serious red flags. Hopefully it looks different inside the organization.
I get why the rule exists but at the same time I don't really care that the team chose to organize this
I don't think the fine was for organizing the camp, it was evidently for not making it clear enough that it was totally optional.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Am at work but If I remember correctly they say on the podcast that the prospects had to pay their own way to a camp which sucks especially since they may or may not even get a shot with the org.

This is the part of it that's garbage. I'm not sure if all the guys that were there had contracts yet but flying to florida to pay to participate in a camp isn't cheap, especially for a teenager making junior hockey "wages". Pretty shit thing for management to do imo.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
This was my thought. Shouldn’t be putting pressure on people that you aren’t paying to spend a significant chunk of change out of pocket.

Unless there was an under the table guarantee to get a contract if they did. Which would be a much bigger problem for the team if that ever got proven. Tinfoil hats are on the table to the left of the door.
Which is funny because they also said that the prospects paying their way for this camp was one of the mitigating factors and that the punishment would have been much steeper had the ducks officially been paying for the camp.

I had a bad feeling about it at the time but now knowing a few more details I really dislike how the organization basically made them pay to give up vacation days

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad