Recalled/Assigned: 2023-24 Colorado Eagles and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I honestly don't think Bednar is wrong here. OO basically took a nosedive the instant he came to North America, with a meh OHL season and now a couple of meh pro seasons (and meh is generous here). He's also just not a Bednar type of player at all. Like Kaut, he's a lousy fit for us, but unlike Kaut he isn't even good enough to be a successful AHL player.
No, I don't think he's wrong, but it's kinda hilarious how, the few times he's been in the lineup, Bednar gives him the most scant ice time I've ever seen him give a player. The game where they supposedly "showcased" him for a trade to the Canucks, who were the opponent that night, he may have played a max of two shifts. Maybe.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
New goalie is not it. Team let him get shelled but a couple he shoulda had.

Kovy looks great. Always in the right spot, but the talent around him is lacking.

Behrens is playing smart.

Yeah the goalie definitely ain't it

Reactions: niwotsblessing

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yeah not at all uncommon for rookies
It took until this season for LOC to really be able to sustain 3rd line minutes with high energy. I'm not sure anyone really keeps the pedal floored entirely but learning "when" you can back off for a second to conserve energy within Bednar's system is tough. I think that's what troubled LOC the first couple of times he was tried on the 3rd. He was either choosing the wrong spots and it was burning him or he just didn't have the conditioning built up to last yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad