2023-24 Coaching Thread: If you’re not hot, your seat definitely is

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
No kidding. His contracts with the Eagles & Niners alone were worth over 50 million combined.

Forget the name but there used to be a user on here who would sing his praises even tho he was average at best in the NFL. Guy wouldn't shut up about how "great" Kelly was.
Probably offset language when he got hired by SF to offset a year or so that was left on his Philly deal, but yeah, I get why he would rather be an OC than a HC now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tough crowd

He's had his coaching staff poached in recent years. Not just the DC. Often when a DC leaves for a hC job he takes 1 or 2 position coaches and elevates them up to DC or an assistant position coach to a full time position coach.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's had his coaching staff poached in recent years. Not just the DC. Often when a DC leaves for a hC job he takes 1 or 2 position coaches and elevates them up to DC or an assistant position coach to a full time position coach.
I think it’s more likely he was going to lose someone he didn’t want to. Unless he’s developed some weird philosophy that he wants a new DC every year.

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
When Shanahan called that timeout because he didn't like how the defense was setting up, that had to be the moment this decision was made.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Give me a break

in my opinion he held up his end of the bargain in that game.
-Holding mahomes to 3 points at the half
-He gets screwed by the punt, and his defense had to go right back out exhausted, can’t blame him that much for that TD.
-the gameplan with Greenlaw held Kelce to 1 yard and had him fighting his coach before he got injured.

To me he did his job enough, Shanahan might want to look in the mirror.

Like literally every single NFL analyst has said
San Francisco should have had WAY more points on the board at half, and that is entirely on shanahan

He probably blames wills for only scoring 3 on offense in OT.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad