2023-2024 Playoff Tracker - updated after each DET game

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Interestingly enough, he hasn't smiled in a team photo since he went bald. No BS, do a Google search. So you'll just have to imagine the gold teeth behind those tight lips.
Maybe as a child he was frightened by a Mister Clean commercial.

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Oh boy, what a game! I hope it wasn't unnecessary. But it doesn't look really good. Damn, just 1 or 2 more points would be so nice! This stupid garbage 7 game curse is probably costing us the PO's :(
But we also lost to the Caps a week ago totally unnecessarily! Just the OT there and 2 points tonight would be enough.

Capitals–Flyers rivalry
Can we rely on it or is the rivalry no longer to be taken seriously?

Last edited:

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Playoffs for my rec volleyball league at the same time the game is on tonight. Considering skipping out for this last game... :oops:

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
They wouldn't "have" to pull the goalie. They might, but wouldn't have to.

It would be pretty stupid on their part to not.

Getting the loser point does f*** all for Philly in terms of the playoffs.

They absolutely must win in regulation and have a lot of other shit go right. In a tie game, they will undoubtedly pull the goalie in that last minute to pour it on

Reactions: WaW

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
So, can someone break it down for me: what must happen for us to make playoffs? We must win and -- what else?

* We need a point and to have Washington lose in regulation and Pittsburgh lose at any point.

* We need a win and to have Washington lose at any point... if we win, Pittsburgh doesn't figure into anything, nor does Philly.

* We lose in regulation and we're 100% out because Philly or Washington both have the tie-break over us.

Reactions: Sentinel

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Stress-free day for me. I don't think there's a chance in hell the Caps lose. Just looking forward to the Wings playing well and winning, capping off the best season since pushing TB to seven games nine years ago. And with more optimism about quality of young players here and those coming than anytime in past twenty years.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Stress-free day for me. I don't think there's a chance in hell the Caps lose. Just looking forward to the Wings playing well and winning, capping off the best season since pushing TB to seven games nine years ago. And with more optimism about quality of young players here and those coming than anytime in past twenty years.
nah f that, we want playoffs

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
So, can someone break it down for me: what must happen for us to make playoffs? We must win and -- what else?

Moneypuck has Washington at 43% , Detroit at 37%, Pittsburgh at 15% and Philly at 5% probability of getting the WC2 spot.

Technically they can get in, even if they lose in OT.

Essentially they need to get 1 more Point than WSH. However if they only get one Point, then Pittsburgh has to lose their last games (in OT or Regulation).

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don't see Washington losing in regulation.

Why? They lost in regulation as many times as they won in regulation this season, and have lost 3 more games total than they've won. It isn't like we are asking for the Sharks to beat the Rangers in regulation

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Washington has to choose whether or not to ride Lindgren in a back to back nights (faced 16 SOG last night in a shutout) or turn to Darcy Kuemper who has not been good at all this season. So we have that in our advantage I would think, I would expect Lindgren 100%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad