If DET gets 2 points, to pass them…

WSH need 2 points
PIT can’t catch them
PHI can’t catch them

If DET gets 1 point, to pass them…

WSH needs 1 point
PIT needs 2 points

If DET gets 0 points they miss the playoffs

Let me know if that’s incorrect. That game required alcohol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filppula

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Need Philly to win in reg tomorrow, and at least an OT/SO loss for us. Pitt loss welcomed, IF needed.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Playoff scenarios:

Washington win= Wings out no matter what

Wings regulation loss= Wings out no matter what

Wings 1 point= Wings make the Playoffs if Washington loses in regulation and Pittsburgh gets 0-1 points, Wings miss if Pittsburgh wins or Washington gets at least 1 point

Wings 2 points= Wings make the Playoffs if Washington gets 0-1 points, doesn't matter what Pittsburgh does
Jets fan doing a drive by...so basically if the Caps lose and Red Wings win, Red Wings clinch tomorrow? I still have a soft spot for Copp and Chiarot so cheering for you.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
So, the islanders have secured MET3. And as mentioned PHI is still possible so that’s much better than them just cruising for their last game.

This whole playoff chase has been painful. I think we dominate MTL tomorrow. As for the caps game….

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
they do indeed and in a funny way

if the Flyers win in regulation tomorrow then them and Washington will be tied in points percentage, RW, ROW, Wins, and points earned in games against each other so it would go to the 6th tiebreaker goal differential and Washington's awful goal differential will come back to bite them
Good info. Thank you.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Boston is useless. The win win win, except that one time we need them to do something. They had like 15 shots on net.
I am sure Boston wants to keep Detroit out of the playoffs. They've played them hard all season and, honestly, Detroit has had stretches this season where they've looked unbeatable, but Pittsburgh, Washington, NYI, and Philly are all eminently mediocre teams that are only in the mix because Detroit decided to choke in the last quarter of the season.

I am glad it comes down to Philly vs Washington because if Washington was playing a team locked into the playoffs I am sure the other team would just roll over as well.

Reactions: KJoe88

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If that happens, I think Detroit could steal a game or two against NYR. If it was against Florida or Carolina? Not so much.

Completely off topic, but I'm really tired of looking at Baldina. I added some Ogie hair for you

Sprong.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad