OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Someone here (Dr. Jan?) mentioned we should try to sign him awhile back and I don’t hate it. Guy has improved every year and you can’t teach size

He's in a good position to pick his team. Im sure more than one NHL team will seek his services.

Reactions: MNRube

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Someone here (Dr. Jan?) mentioned we should try to sign him awhile back and I don’t hate it. Guy has improved every year and you can’t teach size
A right hander with shooting talent is a desperate need for this team. Our 3rd and 4th line are a mess, Foligno, Freddy, and MarJo should probably all be shut down if we lose another game, so he would have a spot for a quick pay day and then fair competition for next season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
A right hander with shooting talent is a desperate need for this team. Our 3rd and 4th line are a mess, Foligno, Freddy, and MarJo should probably all be shut down if we lose another game, so he would have a spot for a quick pay day and then fair competition for next season.

They have $2m left in Spurgeon's LTIR cap space they can still use.

They might not have a 50 man roster spot left though. 48/50 currently, but 2 (Ohgren and Haight) are currently on the exempt list. I think (?) they come off that list if MN recalls them to their AHL.NHL team.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The thing that I care most about is the improving every year part. Ok, I like the size too, I'm a base bastard like most hockey people, but I also think predictable improvement year-after-year is the way to the NHL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It was ~85% a rip on Stramel, but yes, I wouldn't mind it. I also wouldn't have any illusions of him being any kind of diamond in the rough. Big, cheap, 4C at best.

Reactions: BagHead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Unfortunately, all three of those players are signed for next year and beyond. Nelson and his agent will know that, and will also know that Sammy Walker, his former long time teammate and captain, is languishing in the AHL, and will probably talk to him about his opportunities, or lack thereof, to play in the NHL with the Wild.

If i was him i would be looking at teams like the SJS who have more open spots.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Unfortunately, all three of those players are signed for next year and beyond. Nelson and his agent will know that, and will also know that Sammy Walker, his former long time teammate and captain, is languishing in the AHL, and will probably talk to him about his opportunities, or lack thereof, to play in the NHL with the Wild.

If i was him i would be looking at teams like the SJS who have more open spots.
We absolutely have a 4th line center spot in the NHL open for the taking next year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We absolutely have a 4th line center spot in the NHL open for the taking next year.
I think Gaudreau or Bankier are likelier 4C candidates than Nelson. The jump from College to the NHL is huge for most non Faber beings, as former Gopher Captains Ben Meyers and Sammy Walker found out.

I am still puzzled that BG traded Dewar, especially for a 4th. He was going to be a RFA , not UFA and will end the season with under 20 points, Surely he couldn't have been expensive to sign?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think Gaudreau or Bankier are likelier 4C candidates than Nelson. The jump from College to the NHL is huge for most non Faber beings, as former Gopher Captains Ben Meyers and Sammy Walker found out.

I am still puzzled that BG traded Dewar, especially for a 4th. He was going to be a RFA , not UFA and will end the season with under 20 points, Surely he couldn't have been expensive to sign?
Yah but Dewer wasnt old and big and slow enough ….decent grit but no way to back it up.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Whelp, internet is out and Spectrum can’t be here until tomorrow morning. I guess I get to be the dummy who watches the game on their phone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad