F Sonestedt Theo HV 71
F Stenberg Ivar Frölunda HC
F Sundqvist Leo Brynäs IF
F Tammilehto Vilmer Luleå HF
F Uusitalo Svante Västerås IK

Thoughts?

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Must say, a bit dissapointed that they did not move up more 07s for this camp. Significantly more talent in that group anyway, and when you have these big camps, aren't they a perfect training ground to integrate some players earlier for the Hlinka and world championships this spring? Better to have more 07s get the chance at the u17 camp at this point anyway. Also, since they clearly don't have set rules against it anyway, with Härenstam at the team 18 camp, why not try 2-3 more and not look so suspicious regarding connections at the same time.

I mean, Härenstam is a great goalie for his age, and I would never say that goalies are my forte, but he is clearly not a Wallstedt, so I don't buy that he is so much more exceptional than Ekberg or a couple other guys anyways, especially since the position doesn't allow for "third-line contributions" if a goalie isn't messiah in net anyways. With the 06s not being stacked in term of top prospects(and in my opinion is not having the drive and evenness of the 05s(also, there wasn't any 06s with a great argument to claim a spot last season) I would have liked the team to start trying things to prep for what I expect to be a really rough world championship next spring.

Other than that, I don't see any massive snubs for repective teams at first glance. Will be fun to see the Hlinka team in situations that are actually for real.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Ekberg and Frondell is better than most 06 forwards, so i dunno why they didnt even get a invite to the camp. I dont think Härenstam will be with the squad in Slovakia as the goalies is the least problem.

Tunadal HC

Feb 26, 2020
It's a fact that U18 and U17 is wide talent groups no doupt about that, but in J18 National last season you can find a couple of more really good 07 players with really good development that should been given a chance.

Reactions: Sliptip

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Must say, a bit dissapointed that they did not move up more 07s for this camp. Significantly more talent in that group anyway, and when you have these big camps, aren't they a perfect training ground to integrate some players earlier for the Hlinka and world championships this spring? Better to have more 07s get the chance at the u17 camp at this point anyway. Also, since they clearly don't have set rules against it anyway, with Härenstam at the team 18 camp, why not try 2-3 more and not look so suspicious regarding connections at the same time.

I mean, Härenstam is a great goalie for his age, and I would never say that goalies are my forte, but he is clearly not a Wallstedt, so I don't buy that he is so much more exceptional than Ekberg or a couple other guys anyways, especially since the position doesn't allow for "third-line contributions" if a goalie isn't messiah in net anyways. With the 06s not being stacked in term of top prospects(and in my opinion is not having the drive and evenness of the 05s(also, there wasn't any 06s with a great argument to claim a spot last season) I would have liked the team to start trying things to prep for what I expect to be a really rough world championship next spring.

Other than that, I don't see any massive snubs for repective teams at first glance. Will be fun to see the Hlinka team in situations that are actually for real.

Last year they let the Hlinka team play against the guys who were cut. The non-Hlinka team won 6-0 or something.

I think the 07-group is a bit overrated though. None of the hyped up guys have stood out internationally against their own age group.

Reactions: Sliptip

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Last year they let the Hlinka team play against the guys who were cut. The non-Hlinka team won 6-0 or something.

I think the 07-group is a bit overrated though. None of the hyped up guys have stood out internationally against their own age group.

I would not be to worried about the 07 class. Imo top swedish prospects most of the time underperform vs international teams at this level, no matter which age group.

Whc U17 tournament will be very interesting to see how the top 07's perform vs Canada and USA, i will wait until that before to call them overrated!

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Would have liked seeing Loke Krantz with U17 and Elliot Sigrell with U18
Good names. Especially surprised about Sigrell, know that you mention it. Maybe unknown circumstances? Rare that players who got multiple nods internationally don't even get appear in a big camp like this. For example, last summer Svante Sjödin was out with back problems, don't remember if it was public.

Remember hearing about that, but I don't think I actually watched the game. So got no context.

I agree in that I don't remember last time a swedish group was this hyped this early. Talk with anyone in youth hockey and you'll hear people give comments about how strong this age group is. Which is a bit excessive, because while I rate them higher than surrounding age groups so far, I don't think we suddenly have 10 players who will end up as top prospects 2025, which is the metaphoric implication I feel gets sent around when you talk with people who are less nerdy.

With that said, I do think there is a larger group of players to be interested in and excited about in this group long term(which could change, still very early). Does not mean they will turn out, and there are certainly concerns about some of the players I have seen people on this forum be absolutely ecstatic about. Internationally they have not been great, but I think the sample size of club play I have seen reinforces that so far. We'll see!

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

OutOfBounds

Jan 19, 2018
I contacted Katrineholm HC and the camera is offline due to technical reasons, apparently out of their control. Not the fault of svenskhockey.tv either.

tpahe

Apr 14, 2022
Anyone who knows U18 rosters from scrimmages in Katrineholm this far and possibly even for tonight’s game?

ThunderStrike

Jul 26, 2023
U17 Yellow
1 GK Forsberg William Brynäs IF
30 GK Ringquist Anton Färjestad BK
35 GK Severgårdh Hugo Djurgårdens IF

2 D Annborn Karl HV 71
3 D Sjöström Oliwer Luleå HF
4 D Wahlund Joe Färjestad BK
5 D Hallin Hugo MoDo Hockey
6 D Håkansson William Luleå HF
7 D Langvardt Rocky IFK Täby HC
8 D Holmgren Sigge Brynäs IF
9 D Svedlund Gustav Leksands IF

10 F Frondell Anton Djurgårdens IF
11 F Skarby Noel HV 71
12 F Ihs Wozniak Jakob Luleå HF
14 F Laksonen Albin Växjö Lakers HC
15 F Kranz Loke Linköpings HC
16 F Gästrin Milton MoDo Hockey
17 F Hillström Gustav Brynäs IF
18 F Tammilehto Vilmer Luleå HF
19 F Larsson Philip Örebro HK
20 F Eriksson Elias Färjestad BK
21 F Genborg Eddie Linköpings HC
22 F Jennersjö Torkel Mälarö Hockeyförening

U17 Blue
1 GK Holmström Filip Örebro HK
30 GK Goos Måns Västerås IK
35 GK Gromell Ludvig Frölunda HC

2 D Dahlqvist Aron Brynäs IF
3 D Häggblad Erik Skellefteå AIK
4 D Lindgren Zeb Skellefteå AIK
5 D Boumedienne Sascha Youngstown Phantoms
6 D Färhammar Felix Örebro HK
7 D Söderberg Ludvig Södertälje SK
8 D Wahlström Gilljam FilipVästerås IK
9 D Funck Linus Luleå HF

10 F Stenberg Ivar Frölunda HC
11 F Sonestedt Theo HV 71
12 F Bräutigam Noa Växjö Lakers HC
14 F Ekberg Filip Almtuna IS
15 F Klingsell Viktor Skellefteå AIK
16 F Novotny Melvin IFK Täby HC
17 F Drott Arvid Djurgårdens IF
18 F Nilson Eric Örebro HK
19 F Uusitalo Svante Västerås IK
20 F Sundqvist Leo Brynäs IF
21 F Andersson Liam HV 71
22 F Morin William Luleå HF
23 F Lantz Philip HV 71

Last edited:

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Frondell were the best one imo. Expected more from Ekberg but everyone have bad games.

fan1977

Jul 18, 2022
Frondell and Ihs Wozniak 4 or 5 points each in the third game. Don’t think ekberg had any points in any of the 3 matches which is surprising. Thought Eric Nilsson looked good. Otherwise really even. The backs were very uneven over the 3 games.
Will be interesting to see the team when it’s taken out for the matches against Finland. I’m sure the new coach will make some changes compared to last year.

Yellow team won all 3 matches

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think Frondell is the most talented player overall in this age group. He is however very slow.

The player who stands out in terms of puck skills and skating is Viktor Klingsell. He plays a bit too much on the perimeter for my liking but I think he’s going to be a good one. Ekberg was completely invisible in these games.

Draftin Europe

@draftin_europe
Oct 21, 2017
Any predictions as to who’ll make the team?

Looking forward to the test matches vs Finland later this month, at Draftin Europe we'd expect something like this:

Skarby – Frondell – Ihs Wozniak
Ekberg – Sonestedt – Klingsell
Novotny – Gästrin – Laksonen
Brautigam – Hillström – Jennersjö / Drott / Stenberg

Sjöström - Annborn
Dahlqvist - Boumedienne
Wahlund - Lindgren

Keep in mind this isn't necessarily reflective of our projection of these players as NHL prospects.
In fact the pre-season ranking we released about 10 days ago for the Swedish 2025 draft class has some players higher than this lineup would suggest and some others missing even if they have had a good role on the team in the past, and probably in the upcoming games as well.
Albin Laksonen being a perfect example of that.

Last edited:

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Looking forward to the test matches vs Finland later this month, at Draftin Europe we'd expect something like this:

Skarby – Frondell – Ihs Wozniak
Ekberg – Sonestedt – Klingsell
Novotny – Gastrin – Laksonen
Brautigam – Hillstrom – Jennersjö / Drott / Stenberg

Sjostrom - Annborn
Dahlqvist - Boumedienne
Wahlund - Lindgren

Keep in mind this isn't necessarily reflective of our projection of these players as NHL prospects.
In fact the pre-season ranking we released about 10 days ago for the Swedish 2025 draft class has some players higher than this lineup would suggest and some others missing even if they have had a good role on the team in the past, and probably in the upcoming games as well.
Albin Laksonen being a perfect example of that.
I'd expect something similar, although I have a feeling Eric Nilson might make the team based on the three traning matches.

Last edited:

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Is that in the Summer Blue Dispatch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad