Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I saw Thomas in yesterday's game and 1 other game this season, so not a lot of views. He had some okay plays, but he's not getting a ton of ice time yet as a sophomore. I assume he's best off staying in NCAA and continuing his development.
I don't get a chance to see a lot of games so I'm just going more or less by box scores and USCHO shows him as first pair along with Rinzel. I would suspect he's got to be top 4 in any event. No PP time but did he play on the PK?

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I don't get a chance to see a lot of games so I'm just going more or less by box scores and USCHO shows him as first pair along with Rinzel. I would suspect he's got to be top 4 in any event. No PP time but did he play on the PK?
There were no penalties called in that game if I remember right, but in the earlier game I watched he did play on the PK. It's only a couple of games, but in both I remember thinking that he's got a ways to go to get offered pro contract. So that's why I assume he'll head back for his junior and probably his senior years.

Langlois just seems like the more obvious choice to get a pro contract this summer.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They’re both getting way more KHL games and more KHL ice time than I expected the would before this season started.

It’s common for KHL teams to dress kids and sit them on the end of the bench and play them zero shifts. Or one or two.

I thought they’d get a lot of that treatment and spend at least half the season in the MHL. That hasn’t been the case which has been a pleasant surprise.

rt

May 13, 2004
The MHL is a fun league. It’s very physical and there’s a lot of action. But it’s a sloppy, chaotic, mess. And the delta between the best and worst teams and the best and worst players is insane. It’s not like North American junior. I’m glad they’re playing modest minutes for a top KHL club in meaningful games instead of being in the MHL. I think it’s better.

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If Lipkin has a decision to make, then I assume the Coyotes have expressed interest in signing him.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Yaroslavl up 3-0 in their series with Chelyabinsk. One more win and they're the final.

Looks like Simashev and But either didn't dress or didn't play at all - I believe it was the latter.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Yaroslavl up 3-0 in their series with Chelyabinsk. One more win and they're the final.

Looks like Simashev and But either didn't dress or didn't play at all - I believe it was the latter.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
DU and Miko Mattika advance to play Boston College in the Frozen Four final.

MM with an assist.
Mattika's assist was a big one too. I was hoping he'd get a little more time, but this was certainly big game experience.

The refs lost control of this game though. At one point in OT, Buccigross said, "It's prison yard rules out there." And the other announcer pointed out that the officials failed to set the standard early, then lost confidence as the game went along on the national stage to make really obvious calls. I think it might have effected the outcome of the game. But it was also good to see high stakes college hockey get rough and tumble and how the squads and players reacted.

For me, this was Celebrini vs. Buium in a big-time game with lots of NHL prospects, and these younger, draft eligible guys stood out to me as players with game-changing talent.

Fun game and I'm excited to watch the final.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Mattika's assist was a big one too. I was hoping he'd get a little more time, but this was certainly big game experience.

The refs lost control of this game though. At one point in OT, Buccigross said, "It's prison yard rules out there." And the other announcer pointed out that the officials failed to set the standard early, then lost confidence as the game went along on the national stage to make really obvious calls. I think it might have effected the outcome of the game. But it was also good to see high stakes college hockey get rough and tumble and how the squads and players reacted.

For me, this was Celebrini vs. Buium in a big-time game with lots of NHL prospects, and these younger, draft eligible guys stood out to me as players with game-changing talent.

every OT in the history of time in playoffs is prison yard rules.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
every OT in the history of time in playoffs is prison yard rules.
And yet the officials usually have some measure of control of the games, even when they go to OT. They didn't have control of this one. And it got away from them much earlier than OT. And it was so noticeable that even the announcers began openly commenting on it.

Reactions: Summer Rose

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
And yet the officials usually have some measure of control of the games, even when they go to OT. They didn't have control of this one. And it got away from them much earlier than OT. And it was so noticeable that even the announcers began openly commenting on it.
like i said. been happening for decades. you would have loved the 80's.

rt

May 13, 2004

It was brutal. Celebrini had a nasty cross check where I’m sure he broke a kid’s rib. Kid was is agony trying to defend with no stick and doubled over in pain.

Buium looked incredible in 1:1 battles with Celebrini. This Buium isn’t big but he’s got serious guts and grit. To go with smarts and serious skills. He might be my 3rd overall pick.

Levshunov is so much bigger and has a better track record. And he’s a right hand shot. But he’s so darn inconsistent. It’s hard not to like smaller left handed more. Buium consistently rises to the occasion. And he’s got that steel in him.

Reactions: hbk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad