Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Hope we sign Lipkin. I expect Bantle to walk and sign elsewhere, if we even plan on signing him at all
I was surprised to see in one of Craig's pieces that the brain trust is comme se comme sa on signing Langlois - he's not a lock by any means but the organizational depth is not bursting at the seams quite yet. :dunno:

If he signs an AHL deal that would be awesome but I don't see the upside for Langlois.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I was surprised to see in one of Craig's pieces that the brain trust is comme se comme sa on signing Langlois - he's not a lock by any means but the organizational depth is not bursting at the seams quite yet. :dunno:

If he signs an AHL deal that would be awesome but I don't see the upside for Langlois.
Idk from the small samples we saw in rookie tournaments and whatnot I thought Langlois looked okay. I also just feel iffy about us letting prospects go in general. You never know.

Reactions: Kaizen

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
well, it comes with the territory when we have this many picks...although I'd rather not lose him for nothing...so BA needs to get off his can and trade him if they do not want to sign him.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
If they sign Langlois and Duda, the Roadrunners are going to have a pretty inexperienced blueline next year:

Szuber-MavLam
Duda-Crotty
Langlois-Onyebuchi

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
If they sign Langlois and Duda, the Roadrunners are going to have a pretty inexperienced blueline next year:

Szuber-MavLam
Duda-Crotty
Langlois-Onyebuchi

Maybe Szuber makes the big club. He'll be 22 going into training camp.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Duda is a stud...he'll be the best Dman in Tucson as soon as he arrives
He's basically missed a year of development and I think there's still a transition that'll take a little time. And we have the depth to buy him that time. No rush, I think.

Maybe Szuber makes the big club. He'll be 22 going into training camp.
I'm guessing he starts in Tucson and gets called up mid-season.

They have to figure out what to do with Kolychonok as well. It's the reason they should really sit Brown and Dermott and play Kolychonok and Soderstrom for these last 9 games. Evaluate and make an effort to inflate the trade value of them at the same time.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
They have to figure out what to do with Kolychonok as well. It's the reason they should really sit Brown and Dermott and play Kolychonok and Soderstrom for these last 9 games. Evaluate and make an effort to inflate the trade value of them at the same time.
We're going to have to get used to losing prospects on waivers. There's not much of a trade market for guys that can soon be had for free.

It's also worth noting that adding a couple UFA Dmen like Hanifin, Zadorov, Pesce, Dillon etc. means Kolyachonok and Soderstom are press box fillers or are lost on waivers.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If we draft Levshunov, BA might prefer he develop in Tucson over Michigan State. Maybe Buium too.
I think those are two really great programs that are trending in the right direction with two of the best up and coming coaches in the national Nightingale and Carle. I think both players will be well served staying right where they are. No need to rush things.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
I think those are two really great programs that are trending in the right direction with two of the best up and coming coaches in the national Nightingale and Carle. I think both players will be well served staying right where they are. No need to rush things.
I'm good with that and would actually prefer that, but it's a possibility, as it was with Cooley. Minny has a nice program too.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Miko Matikka with a nice goal from the high slot in the late 1st to tie the game at 1. That's his 20th of the season.

Castagna also had a nice cut to the middle to create a good chance. Good 1st period for the Coyotes prospects.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Matikka and Castagna each with a scoring chance and a big hit in the 2nd period. Castagna's hit was really late and a little dirty. And led to a late 2nd period PP goal.

Right after the Matikka hit, the announcer said "Matikka has been a force in this game!" As a Coyotes fan, you love to see it.

Reactions: Prarievarg and rt

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Matikka had a golden opportunity in the early 3rd but he shot it over the top. The next shift out, he had a steal and the 2 announcers said to the effect of: "Matikka's been all over the ice tonight. Breaking up plays and causing turnovers. He's a special forward."

Castagna had a couple of nice plays and was similar to how I'd seen him in earlier games this year. Mucking it up and creating a bit of havoc and showing some offensive instincts.

Good game for the prospects.

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Quinnipiac eliminated - Lipken (and a linemate or two?) can sign a deal now.

BC over the Bobcats in OT.
Heartbreaker for Quinnipiac to give up a late 3rd period goal and then give up that goal in OT. Should be the end of Lipkin's collegiate career.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Yes there's no reason not to sign a pro deal now.

Cal Thomas is also done his collegiate season - not sure if he's on the radar for BA & Co. Could be they offer a contract slot to Langlois or Thomas but not both? :dunno:

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Yes there's no reason not to sign a pro deal now.

Cal Thomas is also done his collegiate season - not sure if he's on the radar for BA & Co. Could be they offer a contract slot to Langlois or Thomas but not both? :dunno:
I saw Thomas in yesterday's game and 1 other game this season, so not a lot of views. He had some okay plays, but he's not getting a ton of ice time yet as a sophomore. I assume he's best off staying in NCAA and continuing his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad